Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A/C Fan Question

Hey guys, im wondering if I should keep the ac fan in as an auxiliary fan to help cool down the system

No im not asking how to wire it, I deleted the ac system, evap, and egr.

I just put a new fan clutch and the GKtech fan on.

Basically im just wondering if the belt fan will be enough, just seems like a huge gap to pull air without the assist ac fan.

Ive read some conflicting stuff about the ac fan, it only works when ac is on, or it come come on at idle with high temps even without ac on. Seems like some people have had the same idea to keep it as an additional fan which is what im leaning towards.

Is it worth wiring up to the AC button switch as the activator, or should I just pull it and run the clutch fan? Yes running stock shroud.

Anyways, i get this is essentially a dumb question, im most likely just overthinking it. But i could see using that ac fan as an auxiliary as a plus for drifting to help cool down the system even more.
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are u running a radiator fan shroud?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
NashT
Zilvia Member

NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Yep, stock shroud
Old 02-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
NashT
Zilvia Member

This is what i was thinking about doing to the ac fan is why I even ask

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=346821
Old 02-25-2020, 01:56 PM   #5
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
I mean it cant hurt to have it...id rather run an aftermarket fan that can flow more cfm and run a thermostat so it can turn on if ur actually going to overheating....
Old 02-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
NashT
Zilvia Member

I mean I guess im just wondering if its total overkill to keep the ac fan?
Like is it even worth the effort in wiring in to function, or should I just ditch it?

Electric is great and all, but i prefer the clutch and aftermarket gktech fan personally, especially on an NA Ka lol

Sure theres a mass difference in free space without the shroud with e fans, but whats 5-10 mins of work, shrouds easy to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #7
S14rebuild
BANNED

Im not 100% sure on how the acc cooling operats, havent looked into it, but id say if the car never over heats as is..then its not needed
Old 02-25-2020, 05:10 PM   #8
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i run the AC on an SR without the AC fan and stock clutch fan. works fine, doesn't overheat 80*C all day. I have been thinking of the GK tech fan though. the only time it creeps up is when i run the AC on hot days. after a long drive 2+ hrs in 95* heat average temps creep up to around 92C.
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote