Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 AM   #1
90beater

Trader Rating: (0)
90beater is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEWBIE, help with rough idle then stalls!!

HEy guys, i just purchased a 89 240sx. When i start the car i need to gas a little. It makes a horrible noise before finally starting and then i need to keep throttling or else it stalls. Everytime im not on the throttle, idles funny and drops rpm lower and lower till car stalls. What is wrong with my car!!! any help would be great.
90beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90beater
HEy guys, i just purchased a 89 240sx. When i start the car i need to gas a little. It makes a horrible noise before finally starting and then i need to keep throttling or else it stalls. Everytime im not on the throttle, idles funny and drops rpm lower and lower till car stalls. What is wrong with my car!!! any help would be great.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=87247
See my reply...#13
ID
Old 08-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
90beater

90beater is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks so much guy.!! =) very helpful. I am cleaning my throttle body today. I am picking up a throttle body gasket from kragen in 5 minutes. Hopefully this will help. I also found a loose part on my intake before the maf.

What does changing distributor/rotor do? What part is that for?
90beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90beater
thanks so much guy.!! =) very helpful. I am cleaning my throttle body today. I am picking up a throttle body gasket from kragen in 5 minutes. Hopefully this will help. I also found a loose part on my intake before the maf.

What does changing distributor/rotor do? What part is that for?
Basic principle of what distributor does...http://archive.classicoldsmobile.com/html/109.html
Most new cars have electronic modules in the distributor so the bottom portion about older cars doesn't really apply.
Contacts in the distributor cap & rotor tend to break down with time. That is the reason why you change the distributor cap & rotor...to get a better performance from you car.
Hope this helps..
ID
Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
clean MAF..., clean throttle, change spark Plugs and wires..if all else fails get another ecu.. i had the same problem and i did everything and later on figured out it was the ECU.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #6
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Coolent temp sensor + harness plug for it.

Get them new from dealer, and replace, Temp sensors and corroded harness plugs like to F*#k with KA's