Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Alternator Charging Cable Halpplz

So I purchased the car and it was missing a whole block of fuses... I think.

Purchased a wiring specialties replacement lower harness. This is the alternator plug from fuse box plug->alt->fuse box. It goes on the that bolt and nut right?

From the fuse box I have these two thick white/red wires which were soldered to these two red wires. Previously, this was hard connected straight to the battery. Which Im guessing is why there was no charge coming back from the alt.

White/Red wire on the right goes to a 75a fuse, followed by running a thick power wire into the chassis harness around the front end, which im assuming is for the alternator fuse. The one on the left goes to power accessories throughout the fuse box.

Should both of these wires be hard wired straight to battery or should I have them connected to that bolt/nut post that the alternator supplies power to?

Sorry if this is confusing. I appreciate the help.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
nolandavid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nolandavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to nolandavid
So i have a friend that had a similar problem. His fuse box like your's did not have a metal tab coming off of it and the there is no way your alternator is going to charge your battery.
We end up connecting it to those r/w wire's you have witch go's to your battery.
nolandavid is offline   Reply With Quote