Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
ss008
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Redtop Sr20det. Car dies after air filter change.

So my redtop runs fine with a cone air filter. When i switch to the oem box air filter with a K/N filter, the car dies after 15 seconds.

I really want to keep the box intake b/c looks stock...california...

the filter is new. the mafs is plugged in. i checked for vacuum leaks. voltage is normal.

help!
ss008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
ss008
Leaky Injector

ss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-known
solved and done
Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
turninheadz

Trader Rating: (0)
turninheadz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so what was it?
turninheadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Install maf backwards? Lol
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss008 View Post
solved and done
solved how? Would be nice to see updates for the forums sake

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
ss008
Leaky Injector

haha.... sorry gents.

Short version
I had to realign the SR MAFS so the the air was getting to the small hole on the SR MAFS.

Long version.
Since I live in Cali I wanted to use a stock looking intake box. Since I didn't want to pay 300 bucks for a factory redtop one, I hacked up my old KA box and drilled new holes for the SR MAFS bolts.

BUT the SR MAFS wasn't getting a constant flow of air because the KA intake box has a smaller hole than the SR MAFS diameter.

So I had to realign the SR MAFS so the the air was getting to the small hole on the SR MAFS.

Here's a far away shot of the finished product. The bottom portion of the box and filter was removed in this picture. Gonna paint the valve cover wrinkle black tomorrow for and even more stock look. I'll take some more pic if youz guys are interested tomorrow.