Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
ForrestDillard

Trader Rating: (0)
ForrestDillard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB rb20 j60 maf problems FUCKING HELP

Hey everyone, I am having some problems with my rb20, I bought the car about 2-3 weeks ago, and haven't got it street legal yet because all this stuff has been breaking all at once, when I bought it run fine, crunk up first time every time, then we had some serious rain (FUCK FLORIDA) and everything just started happening, first my injectors in 1&3 went out, changed those in about a day, next day go to crank it and WHAT DO YOU KNOW IT WON'T START, after about a hour of pushing it around my yard trying to crank it, even had a fourwheeler pull me to try and start it, so I unplugged the maf, started right up, so I figure "OKAY COOL IT'S THE MAF PROBLEM SOLVED" ordered one from raw brokerage for 150$, got here plugged it in, and it doesn't want to start, after about 2-5 tries it will crank up, unplug the maf and it will start just fine, i know it's not the new maf because with the old one it wouldn't even start, but I did a diag and it read a code 12(maf sensor circuit), I reset the ecu, turned the key and put my ecu back in mode 2 and it read a code 55 (all okay) turned the car off and tried to crank it and nothing happened and went back to code 12, but any help at all on what I can do? I have every tool possible and know my way around a engine block(shoulda had a v8) , just not really good with wiring unless it's car audio, so if i can get a couple of ideas to try or anything it would be greatly appreciatedIMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0370[1].JPG

IMG_0371[1].JPG. EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5AvIgSmKhc
also went through and changed some of it, tried to get to the point

Last edited by ForrestDillard; 09-03-2013 at 02:50 AM..
ForrestDillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
ForrestDillard

Sorry about the title of the post reading it sober it sounds kinda mean, but here is a video for you guys, I've been up all night so I was being dumb and wanted to make a videoRb20det problem - YouTube
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
ForrestDillard

okay everyone i figured out the problem, I untaped the maf wires and found a wire unattached and another that was corrioded, cleaned off the wires, put the wires togeather, runs perfect for now