Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
ThatKidWithTheOnevia

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatKidWithTheOnevia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Sr20det Problem!!

Firstly it all started when i blew my turbo up..I replaced it with a upgraded t28 turbo i have a stock engine with a apexi head gasket i ran 13 psi on the t25 and had no problems so i ran the t28 with 13psi. After a while it started smoking all white and when you gas it black smoke. and runs really rich, I pulled my manifold of and saw that there was oil in the last hole also i pulled my spark plugs out and found that they were all covered in oil. i did a compression test at the results were front to back 90/30/110/105, I put new spark plugs in and ran it again. it ran fine the first day. The second day it sounded like something was hitting something and it ran like shit, so i pulled the plugs out and there were covered in oil again. Any help would be great thanks.
ThatKidWithTheOnevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
ThatKidWithTheOnevia

Also i've read that it could either be the Head gasket/Valves/Rings just wanted your input since my car has 2 low compressions/ Also when the dip stick pops up and oil goes everywhere.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
speedracerturbo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
speedracerturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedracerturbo
If your dip stick is popping up the it's most likely that you have bad piston rings and your losing all your compression into the crank case. Deff stop driving it until you rebuild it. I recommend going the smart path and do a full rebuild of the bottom end and the head. It's not a lot more work since you'll have the head off anyway.
speedracerturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Time for a rebuild or another bottom end. This is why you dont crank the boost up without tuning it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
ThatKidWithTheOnevia

Yer i didn't drive it after the dip stick poped up, And yer that's what i was thinking to with a rebuild, Looks like it will be sitting for awhile then. Thanks guys