Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Andros Trophy Photos & Video

If you like drifting, you will like this. Photos and a video are up at www.werksrally.com under the recent events page.

Alain Prost was there for the second year...Quebec sweats him. He is pretty badass.

She was so f-ing hot and a very good driver...too bad her husband was the other driver of the car.

Bill
driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A hot chick that can drive a rally car.... I think I'm in love

The photos and vid were great!

In the video, why were all the cars bunched up at the end? were they racing head to head, or was it an exhibition?

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
All of the other runs solo are qualifying runs and then there are races all together. Thats the best part only my friend ran out of batteries for the daytime ones. The event is three days with 8 races total. They have a pit lane where the cars pull in and switch drivers half way through 20 lap races. There is an F1 style standing start which is so bad ass. All the cars are limited to 160 studs per tire and are basically one offs where as the tires in sweden rally are ~300. Much more spectacular here.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, that sounds like a badass event! This is in Canada? Do they have any more events this year, or is it a one time thing?

Oh, do you mind if I post a link to the vid on another small forum, its my local autoX/rallyX site and there are some rally fans that would appreciate that vid. I would say its from www.werksrally.com

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:13 PM   #5
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I'm watching it on speed right now.
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #6
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Its the last event of the French "Andros Trophy" Series. Its not rallying at all, just ice racing. The cars are all about 400 hp, most V6s with the exception of a few (Z3 has a normally aspirated 3 litre I6 producing 414 bhp, normally aspirated and the Peugeot 206 has a mid mounted 205 T16 2 litre turbo Group B motor with about 550 hp but is used mainly for rallycross in the european championship). All four wheels steer on most of the cars, only from about 80% until 100% lock but they steer a good amount and eliminates the need to pendulum or transfer weight before sharper turns.