Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-26-2004, 06:10 AM   #1
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
i ran a 14.666

first time ever....bogged my launch the light turned green like right when i got to stage haha....i was so not ready but i really think i coulda run way better my 60 foot time was slower then a stock civics.....lol next time im gonna run like 13.9 lol i was at fontana btw....and there was a black s13 fastback that ran a like 12.5 that was cool to see....there was another green s14 there that ran a 14.6 also thats all i remember. next time i wanna get my launch down correctly does anyone have any tips....all i know is i try to engage the clutch because i have a stock clutch and no lsd....i try to engage the clutch by releasing the clutch as much as possible and then feathering the gas until i can basicly move to flooring it....first gear is tuff for me any suggestions would be cool besides getting a new clutch and lsd because i already want them
r/t: .900
60': 2.539
330: 6.488
1/8: 9.669
mph: 79.28
1000: 12.366
1/4: 14.666
mph: 97.88
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #2
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
sweet man, judging by the last three digits it looks like you had odds against you anyway...lol
better luck for next time
Brian
Old 01-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianglawson
sweet man, judging by the last three digits it looks like you had odds against you anyway...lol
better luck for next time
Brian
yeah with that trap speed you should be knocking on 13's but yes launch would be the key to accomplish it.. btw how much power are you putting down?
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
Vatche
Post Whore!

Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
i havent dynod my car yet but im gonna soon ....u can estimate what im running from my mods.... im almost stock...gonnna get a emanage soon thatll help a lil
Old 01-26-2004, 04:52 PM   #5
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman
i havent dynod my car yet but im gonna soon ....u can estimate what im running from my mods.... im almost stock...gonnna get a emanage soon thatll help a lil

First of all your suspension setup is too stiff the only way to go for drag is stock shocks, struts, or hks drag coil overs, you might get away with some agx adjustables and some light dampened springs. I runs stock suspension all the way around on my car removed the rear sway bar, soon to remove front, and no shock tower braces. I tried making a run on sat with braces and sway bar but my 60 ft was in the 2.6 range from massive wheel hope. Subframe spacers also will help. In terms of the launch (lets say you like the stiff suspension and drag and sprinting isnt all your about) its all about clutch modulation not throttle. The way you slip the clutch is key also the type of clutch is key. If you runing a stock clutch you want to slip it as much as possible without burning it out, i dont suggest draging with stock organic clutch the act organic clutch is made of better material for slipage and drag launching (they should know john shepard is runing a organic clutch on his 8.8 dsm...) slip it at about 3500 with open diff on normal brittle everyday tires id say about 4800-5000 slipped out with some meaty drs like M&H or BF. I was hitting 13.0s with a t28 redtop with 1.9 60fts with open diff and some m&h tires in the back with gr2s and eibach springs. Now i hit 1.7s with bfs and a vlsd and stock springs shocks all the way around + some new bushings here and there.

i dunno if this is the guy with the gold car (s13) or the black s14.5, i was at the track on sat also, i got two runs in, on the first one bogged with a 2.6 60ft, but the second one was ok ran 12.48 but my rod bearing let go at 1000ft mark and i coasted the rest of the way ...haha I went out looking for 11s on pump gas, i was runing straight 91 octane with to4e/t3 and my own custom mani. The motor i had in there is completely stock internally 1990 redtop i raced on it sine september got it for a whole 200 bucks and wasnt expecting it to last even this long. The car was runing a tuned ecu with a z32 maf and afc for tuning tuned by myself on the street with a wideband. the best time for the car was a [email protected] mph in palmdale CA, corrected its supposed to be like a [email protected] or somthing thanks to altitude. However that run was made on half 110/91 mix.

I thought i could make a high 11 pass which i prolly would have on pump gas but the rod bearing just let go! haha oh well salute to that motor, im goin to be runing a new s13 black top motor within a week back in the car and clean up a bunch of things under the hood as well and install a new turbo mani made of thicker steel, new motor mounts, and more... with the power fc and a set of cams im looking for 10s.

I make all runs on bfgoodrich comp ta dr tires. the car was set up the same as i drive it every day. If you need tuning hit me up. I think your car is the gold s13 if im not mistaken. I can do wideband tuning and data log it and then tune your afc, e manage or power fc accordingly. IM in the LB area, also ill give you some personal pointers on your suspension and chasis setup for drag if thats what your aiming for

-steve
Old 01-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
Vatche
Post Whore!

wow hehe. yeah i was the gold s13, i am actually trying to get stiffer springs right now because im more into autox then drag but everything is ok i just need to get an lsd and clutch then i can launch the car....my stock clutch cant handle any load and i get no grip if i dont clutch it....ill get it all done eventually i was laid off from work so i have to take it slow on my car...if u want lemme know when your gonna go drag again ill go with u you seem like a knowledgable and cool guy...anywayz thanks for the info my email is [email protected] aol sn is iimadi