Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Electronics

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
***Viper Remote Starters On Sale***

I'm not sure about where you live, but here it's starting to get cold... and for me that means remote start season! I stock every Viper model made and every alarm sensor. I also stock every interface needed for newer vehicles with immobilizer systems, CAN bus door locks etc. Please let me know what vehicle you have and I'll shoot you a price for the interface if needed. Don't hesitate to ask any questions about the product... there is a lot of misinformation out there about some of the product. I have been an authorized Viper dealer for over 20 years and my shop installs around 600-700 Viper systems every year. Needless to say I know the product inside and out... and the installation side of it is my specialty! If you would like to save some money and install it yourself, I can supply a tech sheet that gives you the location, color and polarity of every wire in your particular vehicle needed for the install. Just let me know during the purchase if you want me to email you the tech sheet.

**REMOTE START ONLY**

Viper Responder One: $149 Shipped!

Viper - Viper Responder One 2-Way Remote Start System

**REMOTE START/KEYLESS**

Viper 5101: $119 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5101 1-Way SuperCode Remote Start System

Viper 5301: $159 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5301 Responder LE 2-Way Remote Start System

Viper 5501: $209 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5501 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Remote Start System

**REMOTE START/KEYLESS/SECURITY**

Viper 5601: $159 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5601 1-Way SuperCode Security and Remote Start System

Viper 5701: $199 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5701 Responder LE 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

Viper 5901(5704): $239 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

Viper 5902(5904): $339 Shipped!

Viper - Viper 5902 Responder HD Color SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

**ACCESSORIES**

Viper Smart Start VSM200: $179 Shipped!

Viper Smart Start VSM250: $229 Shipped!

Viper SmartStart

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 11-17-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
How hard is it to install one of these? Particularly the 5901...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jumboflan has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's not hard at all. You just have to be able to follow diagrams. You know the people who made it arre the engineers. But, if you've never done it before it might take a long time. Plus you'll have to bypass the clutch interlock mechanism to prevent it from not getting juice to the starter. But you better not leave your car in gear.

Plus if you don't have the tools , like crimper and cutters, and you aren't mechanically inclined. Or you are just too big too fit under the steering wheel then call a professional. It will lessen your headaches bro.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
How hard is it to install one of these? Particularly the 5901...
What kind of vehicle?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
It's not hard at all. You just have to be able to follow diagrams. You know the people who made it arre the engineers. But, if you've never done it before it might take a long time. Plus you'll have to bypass the clutch interlock mechanism to prevent it from not getting juice to the starter. But you better not leave your car in gear.

Plus if you don't have the tools , like crimper and cutters, and you aren't mechanically inclined. Or you are just too big too fit under the steering wheel then call a professional. It will lessen your headaches bro.
haha thanks for the advice. I have/can do everything you said except read diagrams (very well). I may just have it installed then. lol

'90 S13.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
haha thanks for the advice. I have/can do everything you said except read diagrams (very well). I may just have it installed then. lol

'90 S13.
It's not that bad at all. Just take your time and hook up everything that is called for. If you are installing this on a manual transmission then you can simply use the manual trans option on the Viper. It is a sequence you have to do, before you get out of the car, if you want to be able to remote start it on the next start up. It permits you from remote starting it in gear... it's 100% fail proof.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #7
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Between the 5901 and 5902, is it just the remote that is different? Debating replacing my current POS with something new, since I busted my 2way remote and it's stupid expensive...
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Say a man has an 08 F350 Diesel, I have locks that when you push the ones up front, all the door locks go down. I dont have a security system or a button for the locks. If a man wanted to install a security system with a remote start, what would a man need?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Between the 5901 and 5902, is it just the remote that is different? Debating replacing my current POS with something new, since I busted my 2way remote and it's stupid expensive...
For the most part. The 5902 remote is window driven, so it's really easy to access all of the features: adjusting the on-board shock sensor on the fly, using the AUX outputs etc. Trying to adjust the shock sensor from the remote on a 5901 is a chore. The 5902 also has more outputs and little features over the 5901.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwhite1989 View Post
Say a man has an 08 F350 Diesel, I have locks that when you push the ones up front, all the door locks go down. I dont have a security system or a button for the locks. If a man wanted to install a security system with a remote start, what would a man need?
You could pick any of the systems and they would work perfectly. Since you have power door locks, the keyless feature will work from the new Viper remote. The only extra thing you would need is an immobilizer interface to bypass the Ford PATS system in the truck. That module runs $39. I assume you have the "larger" Ford keys? You could always send or post a pic of your key and I can tell you if you need the module for sure or not.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
It's not that bad at all. Just take your time and hook up everything that is called for. If you are installing this on a manual transmission then you can simply use the manual trans option on the Viper. It is a sequence you have to do, before you get out of the car, if you want to be able to remote start it on the next start up. It permits you from remote starting it in gear... it's 100% fail proof.
Sweet! Well, my car was previously automatic, so I don't have to press down on the clutch to start the car. You will hear from me soon.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
MAHALOHAWAII
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MAHALOHAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quick question can i get a smart start and just buy the cheapest remote start/alarm system say the viper 5601 will it work flawless together?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #12
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Sweet! Well, my car was previously automatic, so I don't have to press down on the clutch to start the car. You will hear from me soon.
Sweet, I hope to do business soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALOHAWAII View Post
quick question can i get a smart start and just buy the cheapest remote start/alarm system say the viper 5601 will it work flawless together?
I realize I sent you a PM yesterday with the answer, but I will also post the reply here so other customers can see the answer:

Yes, you can use the Smart Start with the 5601. You can use it on the following for reference: 3203, 3303, 5101, 5301, 5501, 5601, 5701, 5901 and 5902. Please let me know if you have any other questions. DEI is also getting ready to send another update out that will give the Smart Start even more cool features.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #13
Got13oost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Got13oost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I get the 5901, can I set up with the program for the Iphone?
How much would it cost?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got13oost View Post
If I get the 5901, can I set up with the program for the Iphone?
How much would it cost?
Yes, you would have to purchase either the VSM200 or VSM250... prices are listed above. They are the same thing except for the fact that the 250 adds the GPS functionality. So you will receive text notifications on your phone if the car moves at all while armed. You can also track the vehicle in real time via Google maps on your phone. The yearly subscription fee for the Smart Start service ranges from $50/yr - $80/yr... so pretty cheap. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #15
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you hit me up with a quote for: (shipped to 30114)
-Viper 5902
-Tilt sensor
-Trunk release
-Window module
(Damn i want all the accessories! lol)

What payment options do you accept? I Do not really do paypal. Also why are the prices from viper.com SO high? And do you warranty any of the viper systems you sell, if they are self installed?
Thanks,
Nick
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer skittle View Post
Can you hit me up with a quote for: (shipped to 30114)
-Viper 5902
-Tilt sensor
-Trunk release
-Window module
(Damn i want all the accessories! lol)

What payment options do you accept? I Do not really do paypal. Also why are the prices from viper.com SO high? And do you warranty any of the viper systems you sell, if they are self installed?
Thanks,
Nick
I can do $459 shipped for everything. I accept Paypal, any credit card through Paypal money request(you do not need a Paypal account) or money order/bank check. The prices are much higher on their website because that price assumes the product is being sold for retail, includes basic installation and a basic immobilizer interface that is required for most new vehicles. At my shop I sell the 5904(5902) for $749 installed.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
ka24e-t

ka24e-t is an unknown quantity at this point
i was thinking about ordering the 5301.. got a question tho... might be a stupid one. i only have the keys to my ignition for my car, lost the door unlock keys. if i get the 5301, and install it, will it be as easy as pressing a button to unlock and lock it? no keys involved? they are power door locks btw. thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24e-t View Post
i was thinking about ordering the 5301.. got a question tho... might be a stupid one. i only have the keys to my ignition for my car, lost the door unlock keys. if i get the 5301, and install it, will it be as easy as pressing a button to unlock and lock it? no keys involved? they are power door locks btw. thanks!
Yes, you are correct.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Question about the remote starter. If you have auto to manual swap. How do you get remote start to work? I remember my friends teggy he had to do some step to activate it..
Closed Thread