Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
jmauld
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
jmauld is making a name for him/her selfjmauld is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jmauld
DSP vs STS

Anyone here run one of these two classes? If so, how are you doing? It's time for a new clutch. I'm also trying to decide between an aluminum flywheel or the OEM flywheel, which will dictate the class that I go to.

If anyone has ran DSP and pushed the limits of the rules, how much power were you making?

GS has been fun, but it's time to move on.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2003, 04:48 PM   #2
Tucker

Tucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to hear more talk of auto-x around here. I was running STS here in Oregon and was doing all right. With some coilovers and nice tires I manage to beat most other 240's that come out, but still get my ass kicked by more seasoned drivers in shitty cars.

Not much to say about DSP.

STS seems to have a bigger turnout around here than DSP though.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
Well, PAX only increase about 5% from STS to DSP...R tires alone normally cut times by 5%. I'm a member of a pretty small region, but I travel to other regions sometimes, and I normally PAX top 10%, if not 1st. I ran STS last year and early this year and moved to DSP with 225 R tires and an ACT clutch and the legal DSP weight reduction (all of probably 10lbs. in heat shields and emissions equipment). My engine is stock save for a K&N cone filter and N1 catback.
I don't believe the car is very competitive in either class on a National level, but it can hold it's own and do quite well regionally when prepped to either class.
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #4
MovinUp-1
Zilvia Member

MovinUp-1 is an unknown quantity at this point
DSP can be a tough class to compete in at a divisional or national level with the E36 3 series BMWs in there. STS can be cheaper since your tires are cheaper and should easily last a full season. If I were in your shoes, I would look at the number and quality of competitors in each class in your region where you compete. If there's only two guys in DSP and 11 in STS, I'd go with the larger class. Unless, of course the two guys in DSP are nationally competitive. Then I'd race wtih them. Tougher competition makes you a better driver.
MovinUp-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:14 PM   #5
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
i'd say keep in mind what kind of rims you want to get. sts only allows up to 7.5" width. my friend has 9" in the rear on his 240 and he got bumped up to dsp cuz ppl were complaining, even though his car is basically stock...
019 is offline   Reply With Quote