Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Drivetrain

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
240SX Short Shifters w/Transmission Plate NOW IN STOCK!! - FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING

New thread has been created:

http://zilvia.net/f/drivetrain/44680...-handling.html

Last edited by Sonic Motor; 04-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Edit title
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
coupster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
coupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Has anyone purchased this short shifter? Any reviews?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Is this made by Sonic?

WASTED I AM!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
s13er562
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
s13er562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im with these stupids^^^^
Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
kuelee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kuelee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
very awesome price.. i wouldnt doubt these are better then the C's crap.. I hate C's short shifter btw. someone buy and let us know how these are!! thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning. Fuck it ill be the test dummie.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuelee View Post
very awesome price.. i wouldnt doubt these are better then the C's crap.. I hate C's short shifter btw. someone buy and let us know how these are!! thanks
This shifter is more like B&M, not C's.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Sittting infront sonic motors waiting for them to open. Installing right after. Ill let you guys know how it goes
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
future
Post Whore!

....still not open. Its fifteen after
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
lawlz, awesome posts ^_^
I dunno how grey market i wanna go. the isis ss looks nice enough as well..
Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
future
Post Whore!

Was going to make a write up and pst all the pictures, but got lazy. Shifter is great, no noises. Sloppy shifter is gone. But have fun lowering your trans to get to the two front bolts lol. But I say do it. Besides for sonic being late id buy from them again
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Was going to make a write up and pst all the pictures, but got lazy. Shifter is great, no noises. Sloppy shifter is gone. But have fun lowering your trans to get to the two front bolts lol. But I say do it. Besides for sonic being late id buy from them again
Use this wrench to get to the front two bolts. There are holes on the transmission cross bar and under body. Put some big screw driver to line up the holes, push the transmission up and put the bolts back on. When you install the shifter be careful not to mess up the gasket. I ruined one cause gasket was not lined up and I tried to put the bolts back on.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
Has anyone purchased this short shifter? Any reviews?
Many people have purchased this from our last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
Is this made by Sonic?
This particular one is imported direct to us. So you can say it's a Sonic Motor brand short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
This shifter is more like B&M, not C's.
Yes, more along the lines of B&M than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
lawlz, awesome posts ^_^
I dunno how grey market i wanna go. the isis ss looks nice enough as well..
Very very similar to ISIS.

Quote:
Thanks for your short review! Sorry that we were late! We don't usually have customers waiting outside. haha.

All PMs replied.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #14
future
Post Whore!

I had things to do so was trying to get it out the way lol

And to the guy who posted the picture of the wrench. Try breaking the bolt with that. Its easier to drop the trans and use a regular socket wrench to get it loose then use your fingers once its loose
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #15
s14kozenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
s14kozenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
any word if these can be mated to an rb20 trans? just wondering if it's the same as the others (looks like it)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
will you guys still have some on friday ill come and pick one up
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
MrSir@p

Trader Rating: (0)
MrSir@p is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can u use the stock shift knob??
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #18
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14kozenki View Post
any word if these can be mated to an rb20 trans? just wondering if it's the same as the others (looks like it)
Hmm... not sure. I would guess that it would work since it's pretty much the same transmission as the KA and SR. Can anyone else verify this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDrifter View Post
will you guys still have some on friday ill come and pick one up
Yup, I have plenty in stock right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSir@p View Post
can u use the stock shift knob??
Yes you can!

All orders shipped!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #19
future
Post Whore!

You caNnn use the stock one but its upside down -_____-
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
just ordered, thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All orders shipped!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
do these come with a rubber boot? if so can i just buy the boot? mine tore
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
do these come with a rubber boot? if so can i just buy the boot? mine tore
Sorry, they don't come with rubber boots. If you need one, I can order one from Nissan for you. Shoot me a PM if interested.

All orders shipped!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All orders shipped!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
installed mine and drifted with it today.. its really nice.. much better than the sloppy oem. only complaint is the thick honed metal piece around the shifter rattles on the highway. wondering if we can just take that piece off?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightcoastimports View Post
installed mine and drifted with it today.. its really nice.. much better than the sloppy oem. only complaint is the thick honed metal piece around the shifter rattles on the highway. wondering if we can just take that piece off?
That seems to be the only complaint that we get. I've heard the same with B&M short shifters as well. I don't think you can take that piece out.

All orders shipped!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #27
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All orders shipped. Still have plenty left in stock!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #28
future
Post Whore!

I've not had any rattling issues? I've had it one since this day was made. I love it. A millions times better then that sloppy ass oem shit
Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #29
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
I've not had any rattling issues? I've had it one since this day was made. I love it. A millions times better then that sloppy ass oem shit
Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it!

All orders shipped.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #30
SRTFerg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SRTFerg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn, wish I would have saw this thread two weeks ago when I blew $80 on an isis one...
Closed Thread