Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-16-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When autocrossers drag race.....

240sxONE (Owners of New England) held a small meet at New England Dragway in Epping, NH on Friday, so our little autocross "team" was up doing the 1/4 mile thing.

Started the night by getting there late, but snuck into the first run group to run with the other 240's.

First off... Drifting Ricer (some of you may remember him...) with his SR had trouble for both his runs (was a PACKED night so we all only ran twice) and did a 18.x and a 15.1 with his SR20DET @ 12psi. His first run he blew an IC hose, 2nd run missed a shift and lost his electronic fan connection and overheated.

Jeff (JMCN) and I attempted to represent the KAt's. For a quick rundown:
Jeff's car is:
JWT ECU, 370cc injectors, z32 MAF, T4 turbo, 3" downpipe, cat and exhaust.
My car is:
Hacked MAF, Apex'i S-AFC (set too rich w/ no dyno time till Sept 7), 370cc injectors, TD05-12B (T25'ish), 2.5" downipe and cat to a Greddy DD.
Both cars at 8psi.

First runs we both ran 14.3's with 102mph traps. 2nd runs were:

Left lane: Jeff
Right lane: Me

My R/T sucked and he got the jump, but he spun 1st longer and I ended up pulling away.

The night wasn't too bad considering it was my first time at a drag strip. I felt like I was kinda thrown into things as they don't really tell you what to do (staging and such) so the whole night was like "ok... those guys are doing that... uhh.... i guess I will too". Definitely need to launch higher next time and slip the clutch a bit, hopefully do better on the 60'.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
DMC
Zilvia Addict

DMC is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like fun man how much hp are u layin down? your cars pretty quick but for a t4 on his car hes running kinda slow(just from my knwledge, not much) glad you guys ahd fun
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC
sounds like fun man how much hp are u layin down? your cars pretty quick but for a t4 on his car hes running kinda slow(just from my knwledge, not much) glad you guys ahd fun
i won't know how much power i'm laying down till i dyno tune on Sept 7th (240sxONE dyno day... IF we can get like 5 more cars!! anyone in New England go to http://forums.240sxone.com and post in the Meets section!! it's dyno TUNING!! Not just 3 pulls... like... an hour or so PER CAR!).

Jeff's car should be faster... but with an open diff and all that great T4 lag.... I guess he isn't in the "powerband" as much as I am (basically 3k and up). His car with that setup is a lot more tricky to launch.

BUT... Jose (Drifting Ricer) is itchy to go back to the track after having a bad night... and I'm getting a couple "secret weapons" from Jeff at http://www.cipmotorsports.com to help edge me into the 13's (with some help from a now slightly more experienced driver). Next time should be funner