Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Angry Jacked at an Autox!

My friend and I attended an autocross this past Saturday which was really fun and all, it being my first event in close to two months. My friend who went just got an NA Z32 in June and loved it! So I'm happy for him, and he now wants to go to the next event on Aug. 9th. However, while at the trophy presentation, someone stole my lug wrench, along with my bro's digital camera. I would NEVER suspect anything like that to happen at an SCCA event. My car was not secluded either, being parked next to my friends 300ZX, and several other cars. The lug wrench was sitting with my street tires, jack, pump, fluids,tools,etc. which were all next to my car, and the camera was in my car. Everyone else around me had the same things placed next to their cars too. I just came back to find those two items missing. I'm 99% sure the culprit was not competing there. There was a community BBQ near the event, closer to where my car was parked, but a building still seperated my car from the BBQ. I wasn't about to go over there and start pointing fingers though, seeing how the part of town we were in wasn't exactly "friendly." It really ****es me that people are pathetic enough to do shi t like that. I had some really good pictures too.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #2
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm sorry to hear that happened to you.... you can usually let your car just sit with the windows open and the keys in the ignition at autocross events (at least around here) and feel safe about it.

if it was someone not a part of the event, then it's really the club's fault. anyone entering the site has to sign a waiver.... if it was just someone walking onto the site, they should've been stopped... although, at the end of the day I guess rules like that break down.

hope you can somehow get your stuff back, anyways.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:02 AM   #3
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
dang that really sucks man. but yea, i've never had a problem with that. i usually leave my stuff all over the place. well around where my car would be parked, with the windows down and everything. it sucks that some idiot decided to do that and make you more suspicious or whatever of other autoxers. hope someone can help you get your stuff back tho.
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:48 AM   #4
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
This is one reason why I often contemplate getting a small, lockable enclosed tire trailer.. so when I'm on track, or at driver meetings, I can lock my chit up. I hear about this petty stuff all the time, and it always makes me nervous when I leave my stuff out..

Sorry this happened to you. That really sucks!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
wow, that really sucks. I always leave all my stuff just sitting around outside my car at events. Plus the keys are in the car and its sometimes running. I was just always confident that every one else's stuff was nicer than mine. Luckily most of my events are far enough out of the way that most people there are either driving or there to watch someone drive.

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
sorry to hear that
i lost a few tools but it was accidently picked up by a neighbor at the track. it was 10 bucks worth.

anyways, yeah i leave my keys and tools around, but lately due to the risign popularity i'm more cautious these days. usually got a friend or 2 keeping an eye out constantly.

people suck.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote