Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
KA-T , get's super rich on load and won't boost past .3 bar

So recently this happened as i was boosting, i boosted fully on 3rd then 4th gear and then i hear a "pop". First thing that came into my mind was damn, coupler popped off. Funny thing was as i was pulling over, the car felt fine. No wierd stumble or anything of the sort. So i look at my couplers and all of them are on tight.

I drive off and everything is normal, so i try to hit boost and i noticed as soon as i try to gas it and i see my boost gauge needle reaching "0" car feels like it's hitting a brick wall and AFR is at "10" i can get up to .3 bar but the car wont' let me go past that and it's like hitting a brick wall.

I just changed my spark plugs and gapped them correctly at .28 brk7e's.
NOthing changed, and i can't hear any boost leak when i pop the hood and rev the engine. In IDLE i can rev freely with no hesitation....

Oh btw i can hear the turbo spooling and when i let off i can hear it surge.
I have a rom tuned ecu btw and have run this set up for close to a year with no problems. The only thing that recently changed is that i took off the bov and had new piping done, but it was boosting fine.

Any one have any clue what this may be or had this problem as well?
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
i bet you ripped a coupler.