Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Mr.Y
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Mr.Y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14 U.S spec s13 sr20 harness conversion to s14

Hello fello zilvians. I have used forums for years and have had pretty much every problem solved thanks to you guys but i have now been stumped . I spent most of the day searching online on the following topic. I have a redtop sr swap that came out of a U.S s13. My question is, does the harness need to be redone for s14 chassis or can i just wire up the ecu plug from s13 and call it a day? all comments, suggestions welcome. Thanks
Mr.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Mr.Y
Leaky Injector

anyone with any ideas on this??
Old 05-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
needs to be rewired.....

SR20DET Wiring Harness Services
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Mr.Y
Leaky Injector

Anyone know where i can get instructions if i were to rewire myself? i cant justify spending over 300$$ to have someone do something i can do for free myself. Any ideas, comments welcome.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
Hello fello zilvians. I have used forums for years and have had pretty much every problem solved thanks to you guys but i have now been stumped . I spent most of the day searching online on the following topic. I have a redtop sr swap that came out of a U.S s13. My question is, does the harness need to be redone for s14 chassis or can i just wire up the ecu plug from s13 and call it a day? all comments, suggestions welcome. Thanks

If you're confident in your ability to do the work yourself feel free to tackle it, there are plenty of online resources. I've been meaning to re-write my guide on how to do it because mine was more of a step by step hair pulling experience rather than a write up.

I've had trouble with my harness ever since, minor stupid things, vibrations and solder connections breaking or melting... I am contemplating buying a brand new lower harness, I'm sick of band-aiding it every time something is wrong with it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Mr.Y
Leaky Injector

Yea I don't think ill have a problem doin it myself. That's what I do for a living lol. Used to make harnesses for military submarines, I think I can handle it. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. I looked all over but can't find what I'm looking for. Is the bottom harness the only one that needs to be rewired? If so ill just buy that.

Please help out.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Simone : My 1996 240sx: Converting an S13 SR20 Redtop Harness to fit a 1996 240sx
Simone : My 1996 240sx: Not Much of an update
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Mr.Y
Leaky Injector

Thanks for your input and help Om1kron. but i dont think my question was clear enough. heres my situation. The redtop that i bought was out of an s13, so harness was already rewired for usdm s13, now i need it to work in a usdm s14. so its pretty much like this...

JDM s13 harness ---> rewired for USDM s13 ---> now need it to work in USDM s14

Any and all help and suggestions are much appreciated. A local guy told me all that needs to be changed is the f3 (ecu) plug. Can someone verify or clarify? thanks a lot.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
Thanks for your input and help Om1kron. but i dont think my question was clear enough.
Sorry I don't have any links that are going to baby feed you the process. I sent you the schematics for the lower harness (transmission) and the how to for the s13sr20det swap into an S14.

If you don't know how to read, I can't help you any further.