Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR20DET bogging problemo.

OK so about a month or so ago, I did a small pull through second and some of third. The pull was on 9 lbs, stock SR, nothing major. Don't usually drive on 9 lbs though, just stock 7. After doing so, my engine started bogging under acceleration. I thought, "Oh, coupler popped, no big deal." I was wrong. I started going through everything and couldn't find anything wrong. I went over my maf wiring and shit and couldn't find anything wrong. After a couple of days the problem went away completely.

As of late last week the problem returned. It stumbles bad and wants to die under acceleration after the engine is warm and has been driving for 20 minutes or so. It isn't every time I put a load on it though. Maybe every 3 or 4 throttle hits. It also bogs once and a while around 2K RPM's cruising. When it starts bogging, bucking, back firing lightly, and wanting to die, if I stay on it it will smooth out around 3K and run all the way to red line.

I have changed out my coilpacks, all of the poppets in the injectors seem to be opening, because i placed a screw driver on the injectors and put my ear against it. Steady clicking on every one and speed up with revs at a stop. I checked my CAS timing and it is spot on as well. Dots line up and I am 15 degrees BTDC. Fuel pressure is at 37 PSI with the vac line hooked up. Coil pack harness seems to be good to go, and the ground is bolted up. I checked the TPS and it was good, and threw a coolant temp sensor at it as well. That didn't change anything. I am not throwing any codes either.

The car does not smoke or anything. No oil in pipes, nothing in the IC, vacuum is at 23"HG, and the engine hits boost fine.

Not sure if I missed anything I covered. I'll edit if I remember anything. Thanks for the assistance.
shanelach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
gigity

Trader Rating: (0)
gigity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
OK so about a month or so ago, I did a small pull through second and some of third. The pull was on 9 lbs, stock SR, nothing major. Don't usually drive on 9 lbs though, just stock 7. After doing so, my engine started bogging under acceleration. I thought, "Oh, coupler popped, no big deal." I was wrong. I started going through everything and couldn't find anything wrong. I went over my maf wiring and shit and couldn't find anything wrong. After a couple of days the problem went away completely.

As of late last week the problem returned. It stumbles bad and wants to die under acceleration after the engine is warm and has been driving for 20 minutes or so. It isn't every time I put a load on it though. Maybe every 3 or 4 throttle hits. It also bogs once and a while around 2K RPM's cruising. When it starts bogging, bucking, back firing lightly, and wanting to die, if I stay on it it will smooth out around 3K and run all the way to red line.

I have changed out my coilpacks, all of the poppets in the injectors seem to be opening, because i placed a screw driver on the injectors and put my ear against it. Steady clicking on every one and speed up with revs at a stop. I checked my CAS timing and it is spot on as well. Dots line up and I am 15 degrees BTDC. Fuel pressure is at 37 PSI with the vac line hooked up. Coil pack harness seems to be good to go, and the ground is bolted up. I checked the TPS and it was good, and threw a coolant temp sensor at it as well. That didn't change anything. I am not throwing any codes either.

The car does not smoke or anything. No oil in pipes, nothing in the IC, vacuum is at 23"HG, and the engine hits boost fine.

Not sure if I missed anything I covered. I'll edit if I remember anything. Thanks for the assistance.

Im having a problem close to yours does it only happen when motor is warm? Mine runs fine cold but starts to run like shit when warm.
gigity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It only happens after I have been driving it a bit. I get like 2 miles and it starts shitting out. Checked out the fuel pump and it seems to be good. It's a Walbro that was put in not TOO long ago.
shanelach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
GARzNSANE
Leaky Injector

GARzNSANE is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GARzNSANE
re-cycling old thread because there was never an answer. my drift car is experiencing this same issue. Any clues?
GARzNSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz

Trader Rating: (2)
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im having the same exact issue as well...someone please help us diagnose this!
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Check spark plug gap. Stock gap is 0.036".

Check resistance on all of the injectors. 11 ohms is normal.

Replace fuel filter if its been awhile.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz

Trader Rating: (2)
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Set the gap when I put new bkre7's in to .040 while running 14pounds..upgraded to z32 air filter a month or so ago...

guess I will check the resistance, thanks for the info killer
Dynasty sLiDeWaYz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
More boost you run the lower the gap needs to be, try gapping down to 0.030" and see how it runs.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
intel5811
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
intel5811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah I know it's been awhile but it for sure sounds like a spark plug problem...
intel5811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
razvandumitrescu

razvandumitrescu is an unknown quantity at this point
check oxygen sensor wires
razvandumitrescu is offline   Reply With Quote