Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
adeelkhan3525

Trader Rating: (0)
adeelkhan3525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20det blacktop heat up

This morning I was running late to work so I just start my car and took off slow wait at the red light for couple mins and didn't drive fast until I got on the freeway and I notice my heater wasn't working..then I noticed my temp was going up and then slowly it went down..engine was running fine didn't stop until I got to work it started throwing alot of smoke enough smoke to make my car dissapear in it..I quickily parked and check the engine...the intercooler was not hot at all..so I check the engine oil and it was below L...but I just got my car 3 weeks a ago..and we installed everything new...brand new garett GT2871R..and oil change , coolent and also I noticed that my car idle was 2500rpm and didn't drop..I also disconnected the idle cuz it was working better without it..
Please someone tell me what the problem could be..I just got the car not to long ago
adeelkhan3525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
1) make sure the oil is at the right level

2) Sounds like very low coolant causing poor circulation.....possibly a bad coolant temp sensor.....

May have overheated it.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote