Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-26-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
cloudpicker
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
cloudpicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can s13 hatch back be a race car on track & auto-X

hi guys,i have a s13 hatchback,i want to know if it could be a good race car ??coz' everytime i seen them they are drifting and personally i go with grip ,is the s13 hatchbacka bad choice for grip??should i sell the car and get something like a RX-7,i wonder if the s13 has the potential..coz' i am still runing my stock KA rite now,so as to my calculation it ends up a litttle bit more on a RX-7 (FD3S) if i do the sr-swap .so guys please give me some idea,rite now i already got my sway bars strunt bars and JIC full coilover,i am kinnda stuck rite now should i continued building it??
cloudpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The modifications you have right now make your car a solid Street Touring S entry for autocrossing. Having a faster car does not necessarily make it more competitive. It's about building a car within the rules. The SR, by the way, puts the car in a class with MUCH tougher competition.

The FD3S will always have more ultimate potential than the S13. It is a better car, but you pay for it in repair bills.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
MovinUp-1
Zilvia Member

MovinUp-1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My co-driver and I have won every autocross we've entered in my 240 hatch. We run in street mod. A 240 hatch with your mods is an excellent STS car. the couple of other guys with 240s that are running in STS locally are always at the top of their class. It's a great car, go drive it. Maximize the car's potential in the class by running the widest tire allowed (235) in a Falken Azenis. Very sticky street tires, and very cheap.
MovinUp-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #4
cloudpicker
Leaky Injector

cloudpicker is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks

thanks guys rite now i am actually running in the STS class,and i am using azenis tires too but i am running 215/16..i dun think they have anything higher than that for 16 inches..
cloudpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
Go for it. The car is a great, cheap platform. (Check out the sig.)
The car is decently competitive on the local level in STS trim, fairly competitive in DSP trim. I think it has its best chance in SM, but once you get there, it's no longer cheap!
The 7 is a superior car...it's hard to find a car that is more capable than it is. However, the $$$ factor is a fair amount larger than with thre 240.
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote