Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
ConePirate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ThunderDrift January 17th

That's right, norcal is stepping it up this year. No more monthly skidpads, in 2010 we're looking at a schedule that you may have already noticed is chock full of FULLTRACK DRIFTS.

here are the details on event #1 for 2010:

FULLTRACK DRIFT/GRIP - $160 Pre-Registered, $200 Non-prereg. if you don't know how pre-reg works, look it up on thunderdrift.com

PRE-REGISTRATION WILL END PROMPTLY AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY 1/14

Gates open at 7:00AM, drivers meeting will be at 8:30AM SHARP and the first group will hit the track at 9:00AM. Schedules have been too lax in the past, and one of the things we're doing in 2010 is tightening the reigns on scheduling. BE THERE OR DON'T DRIVE. PERIOD.

groups = A Grip, B Beginner Drift, C Expert Drift

each group is scheduled to have at least 5 25min sessions

Remember folks, the more you go off, the more time we spend towing you and cleaning the track. This eats directly into your track-time, as well all the other drivers'. Repeat offenders will not be overlooked!

any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. [email protected] ~ 530.559.2554

SKIDPAD! - Yes, we're running a simultaneous skidpad event on January 17th! This event is going to be run separately from the fulltrack event, so fulltrack-participant use of the skidpad will be limited.

This will be an open-practice style event, so expect a cone course setup on TD's regular drift-pad, and our "informal-style" instruction. (Basically, there'll be a few experienced people around to get pointers/ridealongs from, but it won't be a structured instructional day)

SKIDPAD = $80 pre-registered, $100 non-prereg.

To register, go to thunderdrift.com and click "register." Fill out the form completely, and select your paypal option from the menu below.

questions? [email protected] ~ 530.559.2554

see you at the track!
ConePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Inland Drift
Zilvia Member

Inland Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Man... this place looks fun!!! one of these day I will visit and drift here.
Inland Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I love thunder drift vdos!!!
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
ConePirate
Zilvia Member

ConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the roughConePirate is a jewel in the rough
haha thanks guys. I hope you DO make it out sometime! I need to come check out your places too... Once my SR-swap is done in the hachi later this year (hopefully sooner than later) I'll be hitting the road for events as much as possible.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Seriously guys, this venue is amazing!! It is not uncommon to have some of the Formula D pro drivers show up out of the blue. The track will not disappoint.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
ConePirate
Zilvia Member

The weather ended up being GREAT! Sorry if the forecast scared some of you, but remember... there's a thing we call the "Thunderhill Triangle" that makes the weather at the track WAY different from the forecast. Sometimes we luck out.

Thanks to everyone who came though, a great time was had by all, and this was by FAR the best behaved group we've ever had. Track didn't get thrashed, and everyone showed up for the drivers meeting! Remember that for the future folks, the drivers meeting times are mandatory, and if you don't show up you will not be driving.

thanks again! -G

Here's some pics I took throughout the day. There'll be more up soon on Thunderdrift.com!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
wenalfredwen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wenalfredwen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
are nubs allowed?
wenalfredwen is offline   Reply With Quote