Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
scarface_613
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
scarface_613 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Car Wont START please HELP

Ok so here is the story...I bought a 98' Kouki about a month ago and cannot get it to run.

The car was originally an auto and when i got it the person had already "swapped it over"...basically the brake has been cut, clutch assembly installed, tranny all the goods.

I had issues with the harness that it came with for the lower tranny because it was all hacked up so i bought one from a 98' manual kouki.

WELL!!! now i just spent 5 hours staring at it and its pissing me off!!!!

Basically i connected the lower tranny harness, and the rest of the harness but some of the plugs are not there to plug into and when i connected the battery it seemed like it was all going to work until I turned the ignition over and it did not do anything when i went to turn it on....

I put a BRAND NEW batter that works for sure and also checked the starter and everything seems to be getting power....

PLEASE HELP I AM SO TICKED OFF AT THIS...

turned from a simple thing to....this sucks...
scarface_613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
s14coastie
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s14coastie will become famous soon enoughs14coastie will become famous soon enoughs14coastie will become famous soon enoughs14coastie will become famous soon enoughs14coastie will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
did the starter at least click when you turned ignition key??
s14coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
iambape
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
iambape is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iambape
clutch bypassed?
iambape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
S14 Tranny Swap - Electrical Connections

See if that helps you out...

Did you do the first step of that list... car wont start if you didnt...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^^^i can't open that page right now but...

with the at harness;
first thought would be the NSS (nuetral safety switch). alot of people forget this when swaping at-mt. you'd have to bypass it. it should be on the passenger side between the fuse/relay box and strut tower, take a 10g wire and loop it. i'd show you a pic but i'm at work...

mt harness... do you know if the ecu was changed to a mt ecu? could also have somethin to do with missing plugs...

- what exactly IS it doing. does the starter spin or even click? when you turn the key to on, all the dummy lights come on... when you go to crank it, can you see any of the lights dimming? stereo turn off and back on? if not, that could also be a problem, you're not loading the battery so it shows the power is not going where it needs to.

edit-got that page to open... i only skimmed the first few things but, yea, make sure you double check all the wiring it shows in the first few steps. the first plug they mention is the nss, you can bypass it by pulling the plug of and looping it with a connector or using a jumper wire to loop it leaving the plug on the harness.
c72c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
scarface_613
Zilvia Member

ok sorry if i was not direct with my question...i just stink at describing things.

I dont know if the ecu was ever swapped but the lower tranny harness is a manual one that i bought since i thought that it would be easier to get it running that way...however the plugs do not match up to the plugs near the fuse box...

so maybe i should buy an auto one and start from scratch...

When i turn the key to ignition the only click i hear is from the relay inside the car and the clock on the guage pod dims out...

I jumped the starter this morning and it was spinning so i dont think its the starter...

hopefully this helps to describe my issue..

also thanks for all the help so far guys...
Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
Like the guy above said... it sounds like your Park/Neutral switch needs to be bypassed.
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
scarface_613
Zilvia Member

yea seems like it...im gonna try and buy an AUTO obdII lower harness since the manual one i bought only plugs into one of the four plugs