Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SR need quick question answered please

Ok i really need this question answered now. I'm about to take off my intake manifold and need to know if the gasket is reusable. I'm only taking off the top part and if not where can i get one without ordering it. Its for a redtop SR so an autozone or something like that should have it right? i would guess its for a sentra?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I was under the impression that when you split two pieces that have a gasket you were supposed to replace it regardless. I could be wrong though for the IM gasket, but I thought that was a general rule of thumb.

neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Replace it.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Yeah, its a good idea to replace it. chances are it hasnt been replaced before so the paper material will probably be fused onto either part of the mating surfaces and come off in pieces.... or it maybe good. take a look at it, you'll know if it "needs" to be replaced.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They are phenolic resin. They deform during installation to form the seal. You have to get a new one.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
littlekids13

Trader Rating: (0)
littlekids13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
took mine off a couple days ago to get to the idle control i used the same one it wasnt fucked up runs good. even tho i stripped one of the treads puting my manifold back on
littlekids13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
question is, why are you taking off your intake manifold? If you have a vacuum leak then yes it is probably the cause.

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
I'm taking it off because i have to get to the IACV valve. So i assume the part # for the gasket is the same as the sentra?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not sure, but I think the FWD vs RWD SR20's have different intake manifolds, so the sentra one may not work.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The one stop shop

The Nismo Shop : West Covina Nissan : Nissan OEM Idle Air Control Valve Gasket

The Nismo Shop : West Covina Nissan : Nissan OEM Intake Manifold Gasket

The Nismo Shop : West Covina Nissan : Nissan JDM SR20DET Idle Air Control Valve

Done
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
You MIGHT be able to re use it if its warm haha..but dont just replace it.. so basically its not re useable.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

thanks for the links, but is there a nissan OEM gasket? Just kinda needed soon. Guess i'll order one. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #13
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes, Nissan has a stock OEM gasket for the intake manifold.

And yes, you need to get a new one.

Why half ass it? Do it right the first time.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote