Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Boosted240Guy

Trader Rating: (0)
Boosted240Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Turbo Oil return line thread problem help!!

Hey everyone look I have a problem and I need some help. If your gonna flame or bash don't even bother cuz it's not worth it. I Take really good care of my 240 it's my pride and joy.....anyway recently I took out the stock exhaust manifold and replaced it with an aftermarket one...being that all the bolts on the back of turbine to manifold are so hard to reach I took out the whole thing turbo and all. everything went great putting it all back in except for the oil return line. I am pretty positive that the hole for the banjo bolt on the block is stripped!! everytime I try and get it in it just pops out. I tried to rethread it and that didn't work...any suggestions help?? cuz I know that this is a pretty big problem and I am about to throw in the towel! any help is greatly appreciated!
Boosted240Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
you are either going to have to change all the hardware to a higher size and rethread it to that pitch n so on.

or you can use a heli-coil but im not sure how it would hold up..

good luck

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The hole in the block is oil supply, not return. It's high pressure so unless you retap and seal with a proper fitting it will leak.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
BlackTruenoAE86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
BlackTruenoAE86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackTruenoAE86
yeah, the oil return is the one that is under the turbo and goes toward the oil pan.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted240Guy View Post
Hey everyone look I have a problem and I need some help. If your gonna flame or bash don't even bother cuz it's not worth it. I Take really good care of my 240 it's my pride and joy.....anyway recently I took out the stock exhaust manifold and replaced it with an aftermarket one...being that all the bolts on the back of turbine to manifold are so hard to reach I took out the whole thing turbo and all. everything went great putting it all back in except for the oil return line. I am pretty positive that the hole for the banjo bolt on the block is stripped!! everytime I try and get it in it just pops out. I tried to rethread it and that didn't work...any suggestions help?? cuz I know that this is a pretty big problem and I am about to throw in the towel! any help is greatly appreciated!

i just went through the SAME exact problem with my sr20. stripped the block. steel bolt, aluminum block, steel wins!

So i used the advice i found on this very forum. TIME-SERT!

i just purcahsed the thread repair kit.
NEW TIME-SERT M12 X 1.25 Metric Thread Repair Kit

the thread is M12x1.25 for that oil line. so what you do is drill out the hole, thread it to be a step larger, and then thread in the insert and viola, the insert ist he original size of the thread and it's better than new. make sure you use red loc-tite on the threads when you use the insert.

this is the best option, and i have co mpleted this and it's not leaking and works great!!
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Boosted240Guy

Trader Rating: (0)
Boosted240Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey thanks a lot guys for the help. So Clark how long did this process take you...was it a quick fix??
Boosted240Guy is offline   Reply With Quote