Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
KA turbo KA Frontier??

i have a 98 nissan frontier with a ka24de, automatic that i thinking about turboing, i have the stock t-25 from my sr. I figure that i can use an afc neo for fuel and stock sr injectors should be plenty, i dont plan on boosting past 7psi or so. I have a FMIC core that i can use and oil/water lines are no problem.

my main issue is the piping and MAF if you have ever seen the frontiers the MAF is place in the throttle body, so can i set it up as a blow thru? or does anyone know if i can replace the T/b and use an s-14 maf?

or can i remove the maf from t/b and put it in a s-14 casing...not sure if this is possible...

TIA
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a blow through setup will be fine with a low boost setup. plus if you dont recirc your bov you wont have to worry about rich afr's between shifts.
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxaddict View Post
a blow through setup will be fine with a low boost setup. plus if you dont recirc your bov you wont have to worry about rich afr's between shifts.
cool thanks

my other problem is connecting the piping to the t/b. the stock air box sit on top of the t/b and is secured with 2 wing nuts and sealed by a rubber ring. does any one have any idea how to connect piping to it?? there isnt enough of a "lip" to clamp a silicone hose to it..
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote