Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
FrankeBonez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FrankeBonez is making a name for him/her selfFrankeBonez is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pulsestar Plugs are bad....atleast for us

I have a rb25det with a garrett gt30r, nismo 740cc, power fc blah blah and all supporting stuff to make it run right like it has in years past. I decided to upgrade my spark plugs and ignition this year, so i went with the spitfire coilpacks and the pulse star plugs. First off these plugs are extremely delicate, taking the socket off and slightly (and i mean slightly) tapping the porcelain with the socket upon removal, completely snapped the plug in half at the bottom of the porcelain. So there is 25 bucks down the drain (yup 25 a plug, ridiculous). So i install the plugs and go for a run. plug is gapped to .025 nice and tight (i normally run 20lbs but didnt even hit 17 with the plugs) and i go for a ride. The second i hit 8 lbs it almost sounds like random cylinders are dropping out and its falling on its face. I go into my power fc and see if anything changed check all sensors blah blah blah, check everything it could be, besides the plugs. Then i go out again. EXACT SAME THING. Ive heard of these plugs not being good for tuned cars because they are week and will crack if detonation occurs. But it acted like it was blowing out spark. Arent these supposed to have a much stronger spark? Evidently not. I put my old used ngk r $2.50 plugs back in. And im golden. Idk how well they would do on a stock motor or someone running less boost or a smaller turbo. ALl i know is they were a huge waste of money for me. Just thought id share.
FrankeBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
drftthatshit
Zilvia Member

drftthatshit is on a distinguished road
there was a thread about this about 2 weeks ago and i tryed tell ing every one not to by them but they all said i was retarded.........oh you dont know what your talking about they have plasma in them....thats what i got also why go 25 a plug when stright from the horses mouth 3.50 a plug wrks just fine
drftthatshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
From what I've read, they're not compatible with most COP ignitions.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
FrankeBonez
Leaky Injector

FrankeBonez is making a name for him/her selfFrankeBonez is making a name for him/her self
well, just figured i would share my experience. sorry if there was a thread about it already. i Just figured why not give them a shot. And now im just another pulse star sucker
FrankeBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
hear that frank.... platinum in them......
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I always wonderd what would have happend if you used those plugs with the Splitfire ignition system.

Maybe you have too much spark lolz
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote