Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2001, 01:52 PM   #1
curioushuang

Trader Rating: (0)
curioushuang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am looking to invest in racing hart cp035's or c2 evos. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were strong? I plan to do some drifting in my car and i wanted to know if there would be any consequences in using these rims. There is a 3 piece c2 and a 1 piece. Which one is better?...err..stronger? and why? Thanks
Andy
curioushuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
silviase
Leaky Injector

silviase is an unknown quantity at this point
shuang they are really nice rims exremely light weight
I dont think they are the best type of rims for drifting.
you may want to go with a more solid rim. the reason they are soo light weight is they are'nt as dense as some rims. find out from a supplier to see what is the
best type of rim for drifting
silviase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:02 PM   #3
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
If your gonna actually get in to drifting just pick up some junk rims with tires at a junk yard. People that actually drift on a regular basis go through tires too fast to waste money on top rate shit everytime they go drifting.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 02:07 AM   #4

they go through all 4 tires? could i just have shitty backs and nice front wheels?
Old 12-08-2001, 02:16 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
rota's make great drifting Rims light weight 12lb's , strong , made to IS9001 specs. cheap too you can get a set of 4 15's new for$400-500. Not only that they make them for other wheel companys so you can buy that Racing Hart cpo35 from Rota. Its called a Sub Zero .
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 03:42 AM   #6
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
yea you can use nice rims and put black doughnuts on the black.. kinda looks funny though.. but you can..
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 04:42 AM   #7
Zenki Two40
Zilvia Member

Zenki Two40 is an unknown quantity at this point
mesh wheels on the rear n bald tires seem to be the way to go for the back, n whatever u want on the front. 15-16 x 8 is also a decent size.
Zenki Two40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 11:44 AM   #8
mistert
Pearl White Mike

mistert is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mistert Send a message via AIM to mistert
thats just the style in japan, it doesnt really matter what kind of rims you use. however generally you want to have good tires up from so you can retain control of the car while sideways, and bald tires in the back. however its not only the style, theres a reason for having your car look like this....the only part of your car touching the ground is always the first part to break when you go flying into a curb sideways. why drift in a pair of $800 rims with $500 worth of rubber on it? if you do, you're retarded
mistert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 12:40 PM   #9

so the back generally hits the curbs or what?
Old 12-08-2001, 01:09 PM   #10
Zenki Two40
Zilvia Member

i think nething could hit the curb, or a rail, or whatever. if ur drifting n lose control, ur rear could come loose n slam into the curb, u could end up doing a 180 then having the front hit. there's just 2 many different possibilites depending on road conditions, what u do to prevent it, n other factors.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:43 PM   #11
NoTuchn
Leaky Injector

NoTuchn is an unknown quantity at this point
definatley not the best rims for drifting... but racing hart has a good rep around here (fredericksburg, va). lots of people love em.
NoTuchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 03:07 PM   #12
mistert
Pearl White Mike

in japan, if a drifter DOES have a set of nice rims, theyll put a set of crap rims and tires in their trunk/hatch area when they go, so if he is gonna go race togue or anything, he wont rip his nice rims up, or shred his tires. you just gotta remember that this is the first thing that makes contact with a curb usually (unless you're an idiot and lowered your car too low, which isnt a good idea if you plan to go drifting, for other reasons as well). accidents do happen, even to the best. ever seen the pictures of keiichi tsuchiya completely totaling his R31? nobody is perfect, not even the king
Old 12-08-2001, 04:40 PM   #13
Zenki Two40
Zilvia Member

90% of the drifting cars i've seen r slammed though.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:57 PM   #14
mistert
Pearl White Mike

yeah slammed but not too low, if you drop it too low you will scape the shit out of it, and you dont want the center of gravity to be way too low, it'll get harder to put into a drift. the whole point of suspension tuning for drifting is to keep the wheels formly planted on the ground, especially the rear wheels, becasue this is what is moving you, and you want to keep the front wheels firmly planted on the ground so you can actually control where the car is going to go next. rather than an insane drop, you want to think about better sway bars, bushings, tie rods, stiffening the chassis as much as you possibly can, keeping it very hard in the rear and very soft in the front. and of course the first item you need before drifting, the VLSD.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:53 PM   #15
Zenki Two40
Zilvia Member

agreed. slammed is still considerably low to me though n if u got a stiff suspension it shouldn't be that bad if ur trying to drift in a smooth open area or track.
Old 12-08-2001, 11:54 PM   #16
Takumi
Zilvia Addict

Takumi is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, most hardcore touge and drifting enthusiasts have coilover suspension systems. So they probably adjust their suspension settings, put on a proper set of wheels and tires, then run 'em. After that, they just readjust it back for street driving and put back their regular wheels. Usually people would have vans and stuff in the galleries (sidelines) to hold their stuff.

Anyway, if you want a strong and lightweight wheel. Get forged wheels. They require less metal to make, thus making them lighter, plus the process of forging the wheels makes them VERY strong. However, they're very high priced because they're extremely high quality, strong, and lightweight. Cast wheels however are cheaper and a bit heavier. Most companies make cast wheels. Concerning your choices of wheels being the CP-035 and the C2 Evos. The C2 Evos only come casted unless you get the 3-piece C2's. While the CP-035's come in either cast or forged versions. How can I tell the difference between the two? I have no clue. >_<

Here's one thing I know for sure, NEVER, EVER get ADR wheels. Those wheels have horrible quality and structure. Sure they look like copies of popular wheel styles, but I've seen numerous sets get bent, spokes getting cracked, and wheels falling apart under heavy use or just accidently knocking a curb. Then again, not all wheels are indestructable.
Takumi is offline   Reply With Quote