Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ka not cranking.

Dohc swap. Went to start it up for the first time and just a relay click can be heard under the dash and in the front drivers side. Thought it was the starter, had it checked at autozone, its working great. All the threads I have gone through, it ended up being the starter.
Any recommendations from anyone that has had this problem? Thank you.

I know this topic has been posted like a billion times, but I cannot find my answers through them. Hopefully you guys can help me figure this out.

Oh and the battery is completely charged, used a charger to check and etc. Instrument pannel comes on, doesnt dim. Just one click when key is turned.

Last edited by Dirty Habit; 06-30-2008 at 08:24 PM..
Dirty Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
I have an auto chasis harness too, fyi. I have the plug behind the fusebox looped. Anything else that it could be?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Ok. Now the starter is making a quick and steady number of clicks. Its trying. I hit it a few times to see if it would go.

Still no crank.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

And it was a bad ground. Now fuel pump isnt priming. Fuck.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Sweet. Thanks for all the help guys!

It seems as if my ecu isnt turning on. Checked all the grounds. They seem fine, double checked to make sure I had all the same one hooked per the fsm. Now Im at a complete loss.

Cut the hot wired the fuel pump. It runs fine now. So its got fuel but no spark, and it sounds like it really wants to run other than the spark issue.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

+++Dont hate me for bumping this but for anyone else that had this problem, check your ecu. Right off the bat.

I had a bad ecu, put in a new one and reset the timing it fired up like a beast first try.