Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
jh3xp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebrake problem

So today I parked my car and when i pulled my ebrake I hear a snap. Then my ebrake handle was all flimsy and could be pulled very easily and wouldnt stay up. My first thought was that my cable broke? But then I looked at the rear pads and they werent releasing. Do the pads usually stick when ebrake cables snap? or is my cable not snapped and something else happened. Any help would be nice thanks.
jh3xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
sound like your cable broke man. not really sure though, i've never had an e-brake problems.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
I'm assuming cable...

E-brake has nothing to do with your calipers/pads. It's a drum brake inside the rear rotor.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
I'm assuming cable...

E-brake has nothing to do with your calipers/pads. It's a drum brake inside the rear rotor.
What???
That would be true if he had the Z32 Rear Brake conversion on it.

But im thinking he doesnt. when you pull the E-brake handle it pushes the piston out of the rear calipers and clamps the rotors

but to answer the OP Question if the cable snaps then the Ebrake will release and not hold

so yes you sanpped your E-Brake cable

you can still drive it, the rear calipers will still clamp when the brake pedal is pressed
just dont park on a hill

More than likely it this cable labeled "Front Cable" in the pic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7727712...51057/sizes/o/

Ignore the red circles
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
What???
That would be true if he had the Z32 Rear Brake conversion on it.
Ahahaha. My bad. Used to reading a million Z32 threads. Not paying attention.

Thanks for clearing it up for this kid. He would have been a little lost I think.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
jh3xp
Zilvia Member

jh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant future
In that case does anyone have a write up of how to swap the ebrake cable?

And thank you all for you help.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Do you really need one? Clip on each end, one bolt on the subframe, one on the chassis. Completely self explanatory.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
jh3xp
Zilvia Member

okay thank you. I just didnt know what was involved sorry.