Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
anthonythomas08
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
anthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No Power When I Turn My ignition on

Okay... I have a ca18det engine in my 1990 240sx. I tried to start my car last night and when the starter went to engage, the power to the car pretty much shut off. My key turned to 'on' enabled me to bump start my car and when I shut it off, I could get no power at all from having the key in. I heard an electrical current flowing through my starter and the starter was hot. I don't know what the problem is. My friend helped me jump start it and it started up just fine. I hope it is nothing major, maybe a ground or something. Please, any help will be appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Thank You
anthonythomas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
Sil180

Trader Rating: (0)
Sil180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check your loom and fuse. Its common issue with the CA18 engines. The looms just gets old, cracks, and short.
Sil180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
anthonythomas08
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
anthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
loom???

I have replaced the starter relay... nothing. Then I just tried to move my battery cables around, I think that ended up being the problem. So after all this.. taking out the starter, testing the battery, tracing wires- it ended up being a simple connection problem. BTW, what is the loom? I have looked throughout the FSM and did not see anything about it.
anthonythomas08 is offline   Reply With Quote