Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
prefab steel braided top mount turbo lines???

I'm looking to see if anyone makes a pre-fab steel braided oil & coolant line KIT, for a top mounted GT35r on Rb25??? I saw a kit for the SRs on heavythrottle.com, and wonderd if they would work(I called Jeff @ heavythrottle and he is looking into it)..

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.

Last edited by Rick-95ZE; 04-25-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
Umm hybrid dynamics used to i dont know if they are around anymore
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Umm hybrid dynamics used to i dont know if they are around anymore

I gave them a call and was told that they had a customer that came to them with all the necessary info on the lines&fittings(awhile back) and they got everything together for him. They did not keep a record of any info, but told me that if a presented the same info they would peace together a kit for me. I told him that I was trying to take the easy way out and was looking to reap the benefit of some one else's had work LOL!!!

I'm going to continue to work with Jeff @ Heavy-throttle, as he has been very helpful thus far. He's talking about maybe after we get it sorted ,that he would probably keep the info on hand to maybe start selling a pre-fab kit for the RB motor. For anyone interested I will keep this thread updated..

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Got a call today from Jeff @Heavythrottle and a pre fab kit from him, is probably not going to happen. Edit: It doesn't matter why not LOL!

Quote:

Last edited by Rick-95ZE; 04-29-2008 at 04:00 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-95ZE View Post
He said that the SR fittings are different and that he was having some difficulty tracking down an aftermarket fitting for the coolant line going into the block of the RB.
Are you kidding me???

I just got done making custom lines for my RB. The oil feed from the block is 12X1.25 and the coolant feed is 14X1.5.

The 12X1.25 fitting is kinda rare, but the 14X1.5 > -6 is super common.

ANplumbing.com
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlush View Post
Are you kidding me???

I just got done making custom lines for my RB. The oil feed from the block is 12X1.25 and the coolant feed is 14X1.5.

The 12X1.25 fitting is kinda rare, but the 14X1.5 > -6 is super common.

ANplumbing.com
Jeff called me on my cell phone while I was driving(I'm ADD as well) so I'm probably mistaken on which fitting was the hard one for him to track down. Nevertheless, I just got the gist that hes was unsuccessful at putting together a pre-fab kit for the RB.

The info you posted on fitting size is helpful.
Was yours a top mount set up?

Quote:
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 AM   #7
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
I made the lines for the stock turbo.

The oil feed inlet on the turbo is also 12X1.25 and both coolant fittings on the turbo are 18X1.5 if you want to know.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote