Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
arsenics14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
arsenics14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KA dies after running various times

So the other day and times before this my car, 95 240 se, auto would just die when driving down the highway.
This past weekend it just died when driving. No hesitation or sputtering just shuts off motor and all warning lights on power mode come on. It starts right back up and then it died again. Started back up after that, shut off and would not start. So I had to get it towed.
I thought it might be the fuel pump, but have had different opinions on it being the ignition switch, dist. or ECU or wiring. Now we are thinking it is the Fuel Pump Assembly which is together with all the wiring, as a friend said he has worked on two s13's that did the same thing my car does.
Right now the car will run for about 40 minutes until it shuts off, but it starts right back up....
Anyone know of what this problem could be, or had this happen before?

Last edited by arsenics14; 03-10-2008 at 07:05 PM..
arsenics14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well, If the car continues to start back up then die, with no problem electrically, check whether each time the fuel pump is priming at accessory, if so. then change your fuel filter.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
arsenics14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_YON_Zenki View Post
well, If the car continues to start back up then die, with no problem electrically, check whether each time the fuel pump is priming at accessory, if so. then change your fuel filter.
Fuel filter is changed out, but still dies and goes to accesory power when driving. What is wierd is that it starts right back up... Could this be something with the MAF sensor?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenics14 View Post
Fuel filter is changed out, but still dies and goes to accesory power when driving. What is wierd is that it starts right back up... Could this be something with the MAF sensor?
Very much so. If your MAFS/ or plug may be dirty or going out, it will start up.

worst case scenario, the ECU is being scrambled, check for wire melting anywhere behind the dash panel. bogging and dying usually have to do with direct fuel problems, air flow misreading/ unplugged MAFS or electrical incurrent/ typically through the alternator w/ a good battery. hope all is well.

Best regards.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
arsenics14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_YON_Zenki View Post
Very much so. If your MAFS/ or plug may be dirty or going out, it will start up.

worst case scenario, the ECU is being scrambled, check for wire melting anywhere behind the dash panel. bogging and dying usually have to do with direct fuel problems, air flow misreading/ unplugged MAFS or electrical incurrent/ typically through the alternator w/ a good battery. hope all is well.

Best regards.
Ok, thanks for the input.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
TheNigguh_Danny
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheNigguh_Danny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry i know this is an old thread but I have the same problem & everywhere I look no one puts what solved their problem can you tell me what solved yours I've been trying to figure out the solution for so long
TheNigguh_Danny is offline   Reply With Quote