Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NoOneIsPerfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help w/ screw on clutch slave cylinder~clutch damper

Ok.. so I decided to bypass clutch damper while changing the fluid. Did everything right, no kinks, then I tried screwing the hard tube to rubber hose.

It doesn't screw on! Tried it for about 30min until my arm got numb and gave up. It goes in for a little and pops back out and doesn't go any further.

So here's the question... anything I can do or should I go to Nissan and get the tube w/ screw. In that case, neone got part # for it? It'll suck if I have to replace the entire tube frm master cylinder so hopefully it won't come to that...

My s13 is not my DD so I can wait but I wanted to take the car out to go cruising sometime this week.

Any help is appreciated.

by the way is it "dUmper" or "dAmper"? haha I'm such a fob.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
g2ic02
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
g2ic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g2ic02 Send a message via MSN to g2ic02
i just used a brake line union, it was like $2. I believe it was a 10mm. Just take the line that goes into the damper(from the master cylinder) and connect it to the other line that goes to the damper(from the slave cylinder)
g2ic02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

thank you. Since autozone is already closed due to labor day, I'll try it tomorrow.

Brake line union... I don't recall the name but I guess peeps @ auto zone would.

"EDIT"

OK I tried connecting short hard tube (damper to slave) and it didn't screw on... now what do I do? Anyone w/ similar problem?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Your best solution is to talk to Harp at Taka Motorsports. He can fabricate you a line that goes straight from the master cylinder directly to the slave/operating cylinder. You can throw away the hard line and all that drama.

Other than that, do as above and make sure you use a flared nut wrench so you don't damage the fittings.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

I'll do talk to him and probably order it. Though the problem is, my company is planning to send me to Japan in 10days. Month biz trip. I wanted to move my car to my buddy's garage but I guess that'll be hard!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Talk to him ASAP then. Maybe he can express one to you since you're on the same coast.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

I'll do that first thing tomorrow. Thx 4 ur help g6civcx. btw, I think I saw his thread somewhere but got his contact info?
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 AM   #8
g6civcx
Post Whore!

http://www.takamotorsports.com/
Old 09-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #9
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

durr... i kept on trying www.takamotorsport.com... haha no wonder I couldn't get linked to the page.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
go to taka. I always get shit from harp when i need it asap. (hey can you get me lines but umm say....day after tomorrow?) and hes always gotten me my stuff quick. i am gonna install a stainless steel clutch line from him pretty soon actually.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

actually, got it repaired. Got a slave cylinder-clutch damper tube from junk yard. But I'm still going to order SS clutch line from taka motorsports once I come back frm Japan. Man... it was an intense fight w/ one simple screw... and while I was down there... leak from exhaust. NASTY oil... man... I love silvia. So many problems, that I'll never get bored!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Problems never go away until you get so sick of it that you completely rebuild the whole damn thing.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i just did this mod and didn't like it. i switched it back the next day. The clutch just felt weird on my foot.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #14
NoOneIsPerfect
Leaky Injector

drifter808> as in Taka line or clutch damper bypass?

g6> I would never get sick of it since repairing s13 is so damn cheap. It's not like lexus where one thing breaks and cost over 1K every time. Plus, there's a big enough community for a great help like you:-D
Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #15
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the clutch bypass. i just followed zeroyon but i didn't like it to much. Its all personal preferance though. I didn't like how when i'd be leaving the beach and be driving bare foot you could actually feel the clutch disc meeting the flywheel. You'll feel it when you drive it.