Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #1
Tihsho

Trader Rating: (0)
Tihsho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Steering Hard Line

In the process of swapping out my power steering high pressure line and have the soft line to the pump removed and just have the hard line left. It's disconnected from the rack, I just can't seem to remove it from the bay. Is there a bracket on it that is tucked away? I can't seem to see anything from the top or underneath that says it's mounted, but it's in there pretty firmly which has me thinking it is.
Tihsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The car is in front of you...... look with ur eyes, feel with your hads. Come on now...
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
Tihsho

If you read my initial post you would notice that I said I can't see anything... As for feeling, tried that, but the area is so clustered with lines that I'm unable to do that. Asking questions before I have to take apart a whole bunch of other stuff to pull out one line.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
It is bolted down via 2 10mm bolts on the tension rod bracket.... jack up the car and look from the bottom... there might be a plastic retaining clip holdn it aswell but the should pop right off(dont really remeber)
Old 07-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #5
Tihsho

That bracket you're talking about is where the sensor is. That is out, it's the short hard line that connects to it that runs between the strut tower structure and the front subframe back to the steering rack. I thought it might have been a plastic clip holding it in, but no matter which way you pull the line it's in there solid as if there is a clip holding it.

I've checked out a bare front subframe that I had to see if there were any mounting holes and I couldn't see any.

At this point my main concern is that line has a support welded to it that mounts to the hard return line that comes out next to it.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #6
S14rebuild
BANNED

Sounds like the cooler line...its bolted to the subframe running under the motor..again 2 10mm bolts hold it on
Old 07-06-2020, 02:23 PM   #7
Tihsho

It's not the cooler line... The factory cooler line is a long loop, not a shorter and straight hardline. That also said, the cooler isn't on the high pressure feed side it's on the low pressure side before the return... It's the line that directly feeds into the rack from the high pressure soft line. It IS however connected (well previously was) next to the line that has the cooler loop in it.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #8
S14rebuild
BANNED

Post pics if u want proper help...

The lines arent very complicated...
Old 07-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

https://www.nissanpartstristate.com/...gaAm7PEALw_wcB

Here ill feed u baby bird
Old 07-06-2020, 03:19 PM   #10
Tihsho

I've not had a chance to get out to my shop to get a picture so chill your boots, if you want to give someone 3 minutes to respond, be a keyboard warrior elsewhere.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:24 PM   #11
S14rebuild
BANNED

Lol guy asks for help, then gets pissy about it..good luck
Old 07-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Pull up the FSM. It will tell you there.......
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Without pics how else do you expect us to help you?

You've been on here for 9 years and haven't noticed that people on Zilvia aren't the nicest?

He hasn't broken any rules. These cars are some of the easiest to work on.

You can stop reporting the posts.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:29 AM   #14
S14rebuild
BANNED

Bwaaahhhhhh guys reporting my post for tryn to help him....this is halirous
Old 07-10-2020, 01:44 AM   #15
zer0c123

zer0c123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsho View Post
In the process of swapping out my power steering high pressure line and have the soft line to the pump removed and just have the hard line left. It's disconnected from the rack, I just can't seem to remove it from the bay. Is there a bracket on it that is tucked away? I can't seem to see anything from the top or underneath that says it's mounted, but it's in there pretty firmly which has me thinking it is.
I think I know what you are referring to. There's a bracket holding the hardline to the frame and it's in a tight spot with no room to use a wrench. I think it was somewhere near the motor mount, but you can barely see it. You basically need to get under the car and trace the line with your hands.

I gave up trying to remove that hard line, so I just cut it on both ends and left a small stub. I suggest you do the same.
zer0c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #16
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0c123 View Post
I think I know what you are referring to. There's a bracket holding the hardline to the frame and it's in a tight spot with no room to use a wrench. I think it was somewhere near the motor mount, but you can barely see it. You basically need to get under the car and trace the line with your hands.

I gave up trying to remove that hard line, so I just cut it on both ends and left a small stub. I suggest you do the same.
Yup that's exactly what he is talking about. I just struggled pulling it off. Its on the driver side right next to the motor mount. Its to tucked in there, the only way to get to it is by bending the hardlines and the bracket.

For anyone in the future reading this. That bolt is very hard to get to. You will need a 10mm wrench, nothin else will fit and even then you might strip it like me. So remove the rubber bushing holding the two lines together by pushing it out of the metal bracket with a flat head.

Then get metal shears or anything that can cut the hardlines and pull the lines out from the bracket thats holding it. Make sure its the last thing youre trying to remove cause you need to wiggle it out.

It pisses me off cause I was hoping when I clicked this thread I would hopefully have a solution to removing but nope. Just typical Zilvia shit. This place is really only useful to buy stuff at this point.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:13 AM   #17
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
It pisses me off cause I was hoping when I clicked this thread I would hopefully have a solution to removing but nope. Just typical Zilvia shit. This place is really only useful to buy stuff at this point.
No...this forum is filling with noobs and clowns that refuse to do the work themselves... was it really hard to lay under the car and feel with ur hand that there is a brqcket with a bolt holding it? No

The op wanted an answer given when none of us are looking at his car..but going by his post we tried to help..supplied nissan parts diagram, referred him to the factory servie manual and even asked for the op to post some pictures to further assist. Instead he cried and bitched. Even a moderator called the op out for it.

But yea the ones tryn to help are a problem here.

By ur own sayn..do us a favor and stay in the market place....
Old 10-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
there's a bracket by the motor mount, unbolt it.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote