Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #781
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Has anyone used poly trans mount with mazworx Kit I got the nismo mount and it moves all over the place
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #782
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love the thread. Anyone have success with the Autotech plate on KA24de? If so what clutch is needed? Any other hiccups with the swap?
JDM240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #783
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
I popped a use OEM shift bushing on the Gteck shifter it doesnt rattle anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Brass or Nylon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr20-Vert View Post
Has anyone used poly trans mount with mazworx Kit I got the nismo mount and it moves all over the place
Also curious, mine seems floppy as well.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #784
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nylon. I've gone back to brass from a SR trans as the nylon started to split. I wonder if the shifter hole is slightly bigger then a ka/sr shifter bush.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #785
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What trans fluid is everyone using?
D.Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #786
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Mixture of Shockproof and MT90 (2 parts MT90 : 1 part shockproof)
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #787
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Bouncing off the 8K rev limit in 3rd gear and I experience no lockout.

JK41 gearbox ix sweet!
Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #788
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bo View Post
What trans fluid is everyone using?
Redline MT85 is what's recommended for the CD/JK trans. MT90 is a little too thick and causes notchy shifts. Still the same GL4 requirement we're used to on the SR/KA trannies though.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #789
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hey guys, I’m working on a vh swap with a cd009 and was wondering if it matters if I go with a 03-06 z clutch or 07+ clutch, I’m going to most likely use the Collins adapter and it says I use a z33 flywheel and clutch, and I found a good deal on a 07+ clutch... soo... yea?
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #790
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
Hey guys, I’m working on a vh swap with a cd009 and was wondering if it matters if I go with a 03-06 z clutch or 07+ clutch, I’m going to most likely use the Collins adapter and it says I use a z33 flywheel and clutch, and I found a good deal on a 07+ clutch... soo... yea?
07+ is the JK trans and the flywheel and clutch is slightly different. Stick with 03-06 as recommended, unless they specify the JK trans.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #791
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Mixture of Shockproof and MT90 (2 parts MT90 : 1 part shockproof)
Which shockproof did you use? Superlight, Light, Or Heavy?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #792
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Red Line (50304) MT-90 75W-90 GL-4 Manual Transmission and Transaxle Lubricant - 1 Quart (x2)

Red Line 58204 Heavy ShockProof Gear Oil - 1 Quart Bottle (x 1)

I have zero issues with the cold climate as mentioned (car was driven the last few days for shakedown with outside ambient temps of during startup of 37, 35 and 34 degrees F respectively). No gearbox dragging, etc. I am also on a twin plate ATS carbon clutch (if that's of any benefit to the discussion/talk about tranny and clutch drag)

Also, ZERO issues with notchy shifting ad mentioned by LoST above.

Either way, after the first minute, if there are any issues, the gearbox itself is WELL above ambient temp for any issues with shifting or drag to be mitigated.

I am on the Mazworx bell housing and Hook shifter/shift bracket. I also have an extended weighted shift knob with aids in shift effort.

08 JK41 gearbox.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:12 PM   #793
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Red Line (50304) MT-90 75W-90 GL-4 Manual Transmission and Transaxle Lubricant - 1 Quart (x2)

Red Line 58204 Heavy ShockProof Gear Oil - 1 Quart Bottle (x 1)

I have zero issues with the cold climate as mentioned (car was driven the last few days for shakedown with outside ambient temps of during startup of 37, 35 and 34 degrees F respectively). No gearbox dragging, etc. I am also on a twin plate ATS carbon clutch (if that's of any benefit to the discussion/talk about tranny and clutch drag)

Also, ZERO issues with notchy shifting ad mentioned by LoST above.

Either way, after the first minute, if there are any issues, the gearbox itself is WELL above ambient temp for any issues with shifting or drag to be mitigated.

I am on the Mazworx bell housing and Hook shifter/shift bracket. I also have an extended weighted shift knob with aids in shift effort.

08 JK41 gearbox.
awesome thanks for the info. I'll be on a cd009 transmission. Just waiting on the the bellhousing to come back from Maverick Motorsports and also my driveshaft from shaftmasters
Old 12-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #794
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

I'm using the Maverick Motorsports adapter plate. Having issues with them answering emails and the status of my bell housing machining order. Been two weeks and I'm trying to get my car done for an upcoming event.

I happen to have a spare bell housing that I'm going to bring to a local machine shop. Does anyone know how much of the bellhousing need to be machined off to use with MM adapter plate? I've read 14mm off some other forum but am unsure.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #795
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Quote:
I'm using the Maverick Motorsports adapter plate. Having issues with them answering emails and the status of my bell housing machining order. Been two weeks and I'm trying to get my car done for an upcoming event.

I happen to have a spare bell housing that I'm going to bring to a local machine shop. Does anyone know how much of the bellhousing need to be machined off to use with MM adapter plate? I've read 14mm off some other forum but am unsure.
I don’t know why they keep it a secret but it’s .50”.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #796
nameless_bk201

nameless_bk201 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi there! i wonder to swap cd009 in my s15 with sr20det. I was looking for cd009 so long time in Russia, but cant find it, however, i saw a few g37 mech.transmission. could anyone tell me is there difference between transmissions 350z/370z (cd009 vq35hr) and g37?
nameless_bk201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:47 AM   #797
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Same problem here. I cant find a second hand cd009/A , but there are quite some HR around.

I heard it still requires a non HR bellhousing and a bearing change to make the swap, so back to square "i cant find a non HR bellhousing" one...
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:16 AM   #798
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
I thought they were the same transmission between the Z and G. Unless Nissan didn't parts share like they always do.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #799
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
I thought they were the same transmission between the Z and G. Unless Nissan didn't parts share like they always do.
They are the same between the two. The problem is only the VQ35DE cars had the CD0 series trans, and the VQ35HR/VQ37VHR engines got the JK1 series trans. People also mistakenly call ALL Z33 trans CD009, when there's several revisions (CD007,8, & A), and the 07-08 HR cars got the JK trans.

Internals are the same between CD/JK trans, but the bell housing bolt pattern is slightly different (starter is on opposite side on the HR/VHR engine). Might be an issue for the plate style adapters, but shouldn't be much of a problem for the adapters the replace the bell housing. I believe this thread even covers what adapters work with the 370Z (JK) trans. Just scroll back to the beginning. This problem should be solved by now, considering the 370Z has been on the market 10 years now, and the CD00x cars were only around 02-06.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #800
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Finally drove my car this weekend with the cd009 trans in my Sr. Feels amazing. I love the gearing for 2nd and 3rd.

I ended up going with the Mazworx bell housing since Maverick Motorsports has yet to respond to my emails for the past month.

Did anyone with the Mazworx bell housing have to modify their slave cylinder rod? i had to shave mine down a bit for it to fit.

Also does anyone have issues with their GKTech shifter? mine gets stuck in the up or down position cause of the plastic housing thats included in the kit.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #801
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I used my Z32/SR20 slave and they all bolted up fine. However, I did have to use spacers on the slave cylinder mounts (under the slave cylinder bolt holes) to make sure the slave properly aligns with the shift fork
Old 12-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #802
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Finally drove my car this weekend with the cd009 trans in my Sr. Feels amazing. I love the gearing for 2nd and 3rd.

I ended up going with the Mazworx bell housing since Maverick Motorsports has yet to respond to my emails for the past month.

Did anyone with the Mazworx bell housing have to modify their slave cylinder rod? i had to shave mine down a bit for it to fit.

Also does anyone have issues with their GKTech shifter? mine gets stuck in the up or down position cause of the plastic housing thats included in the kit.
I did not have to shave my slave down...

Also, yes my GKtech shifter does get stuck in when trying to engage reverse, only after a few hot laps, then comes back to normal? Not a big fan. And my bushing rattles unless my hand is on the shifter. Annoying

Did you grease the shifter parts that move? I did, may not have liberally enough.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #803
salemboy19
Leaky Injector

salemboy19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Was your slave getting stuck out? I have the mazworx kit and having a problem with my slave getting stuck out to the point where I have to unbolt it in order to get it to go back in. I’m hoping I just have some air in the line. Going to mess with it tomorrow but any input is welcomed.

I have the Gktech shifter too and mine sticks pretty easily ass well.
salemboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 AM   #804
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemboy19 View Post
Was your slave getting stuck out? I have the mazworx kit and having a problem with my slave getting stuck out to the point where I have to unbolt it in order to get it to go back in. I’m hoping I just have some air in the line. Going to mess with it tomorrow but any input is welcomed.

I have the Gktech shifter too and mine sticks pretty easily ass well.
It's possible it was getting jammed but I had the line disconnected so it wouldnt trap air inside of it. I still had to shave the rod down. I'm going to replace the slave with a new one just incase the piston was getting stuck from depressing all the way.

I spoke with Gktech and they said to shave down the plastic housing for it to work better. or you can hit them up for a new one and hopefully it works better.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:33 AM   #805
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
It's possible it was getting jammed but I had the line disconnected so it wouldnt trap air inside of it. I still had to shave the rod down. I'm going to replace the slave with a new one just incase the piston was getting stuck from depressing all the way.

I spoke with Gktech and they said to shave down the plastic housing for it to work better. or you can hit them up for a new one and hopefully it works better.
Never had that issue with the slave on my set Mazworx set up. Odd

Bought a serial9 shifter on Christmas day ($420 shipped). Cant deal with this shitty GKtech one anymore.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:57 PM   #806
salemboy19
Leaky Injector

salemboy19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I swapped to a new slave and that seems to have fixed the issue. Seeming like the rod on this one is slightly longer. I’ll hit up Gktech and see what they say. would shave the plastic but not sure which part to shave, I’ll have to look at it again
salemboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:02 PM   #807
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemboy19 View Post
I swapped to a new slave and that seems to have fixed the issue. Seeming like the rod on this one is slightly longer. I’ll hit up Gktech and see what they say. would shave the plastic but not sure which part to shave, I’ll have to look at it again
Theres is 2 different slaves for the 350z iirc the pre 05 long is longer by about a 1/2inch we ran into this problem putting a cd009 in my buddys 03 350z. His original slave could only just barely start to release the clutch.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #808
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
Theres is 2 different slaves for the 350z iirc the pre 05 long is longer by about a 1/2inch we ran into this problem putting a cd009 in my buddys 03 350z. His original slave could only just barely start to release the clutch.

The 03 Z had a different clutch fork mechanism, weak stamped steel vs cast arm, so the slave was different as well. 03.5+ were all the same.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #809
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
The 03 Z had a different clutch fork mechanism, weak stamped steel vs cast arm, so the slave was different as well. 03.5+ were all the same.
Yup theres the difference forgot about the pivot ball lentgh change.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:07 AM   #810
Sr20-Vert
Leaky Injector

Sr20-Vert is a well-known jackass
I have mazworx kit also I feel like my clutch fork doesnt go all the way it barely moves car drives fine under full load it’s a little rough I use exedy twin disk is there a Solution to this it’s driving me crazy trans is brand new from Nissan and shifts like crap
Sr20-Vert is offline   Reply With Quote