Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2018, 09:22 AM   #31
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
400K and your rpm's still work. I am mad jelly. Mine conked out at like 180K.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #32
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
17 years, and yes it has been my daily.
This gives me hope. Keep doin ur thang breh.
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #33
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
17 years, and yes it has been my daily.
17 years thats crazyyy!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #34
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This is inspiring. How many miles on the SR?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #35
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
400K and your rpm's still work. I am mad jelly. Mine conked out at like 180K.
Tbh, they fluctuate on and off sometimes. But when i hit the freeway, it comes back online. Pretty sure it's either the sensor or the wiring... I've got new wiring, just haven't had time to put it in

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post
This gives me hope. Keep doin ur thang breh.
Thanks man. Half a million miles, he were go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
17 years thats crazyyy!
It hasn't always been this way tho. I've had phases from usdm stock lowered drift car... beater pos drift car with big body kit... and now it's back to something kinda in between. I just haven't sold it. So far, it's like what... 100% of the time... when I see someone sell their 240, a month later they're like... ahhhh i miss my 240, I'm gonna get another one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
This is inspiring. How many miles on the SR?
I believe I got the SR at about 235,000 miles... so yeah it's got about 165,000 miles on it now.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #36
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
when I see someone sell their 240, a month later they're like... ahhhh i miss my 240, I'm gonna get another one lol
people usually sell them cause of hardship tho... like money problems

I never wanted to sell mine, and im hoping to buy another when i get around to it.

g35's with bolt-on's and a couple of upgrades are about the same price as 240's so im realizing that the day of owning an s13 or s14 are almost over for me. it just may not be worth it anymore.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #37
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
people usually sell them cause of hardship tho... like money problems

I never wanted to sell mine, and im hoping to buy another when i get around to it.

g35's with bolt-on's and a couple of upgrades are about the same price as 240's so im realizing that the day of owning an s13 or s14 are almost over for me. it just may not be worth it anymore.
Wise man once said, "A man must sell his body of flesh before he sells his body of steel."

lol jk...

I have a few friends who did it because "I'm done, I'm getting out of the 'game.'" FOOLS, I tell u See, if you look at it money-wise, then you're right. But time and time again, they get these other cars, and they make these choices that sound good on paper. And in the end, they're like... "fuk... this sucks, I wish I had my 240. I've got some money and a car that is not as fun." And every time, I'm like... ya man I told you to keep it, you dumb mofo... And these are people that had clean as fuark S13s or S14s, and now it's super hard to find one. They would have to start from scratch with some high school guy's abandoned beater project, and that makes it soooo much harder to pull the trigger on.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #38
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Yeah I hear you, there's just so much damn appeal to 240's. thats why I visit this site so damn often.

cant leave them alone.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 AM   #39
w1zeman
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
w1zeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ I second that, ive never kept a car long enough to rack that many miles up
w1zeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:44 PM   #40
Encore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Encore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Mmm.. a few that I can remember off the top of my head...

4 turbos
5 exhausts
4 transmissions
4 diffs
6 clutch kits
3 flywheels
2 drive shafts
2 front subframes
3 sets of headlights
4 or 5 front bumpers
3 sets of side skirts
3 sets of rear tail lights
2 or 3 front windshields
and other junk that i probably forgot about

Wow was not expecting that, but at the same time totally not surprised lol
Encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #41
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wait this is chassis miles correct? not engine miles?
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #42
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kviper52 View Post
haha yeah correct

Old 04-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #43
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Damn. That's impressive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #44
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
With a chassis that has so many miles, have you felt any difference in driving over the years?
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:06 AM   #45
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post
With a chassis that has so many miles, have you felt any difference in driving over the years?
Mmm... not sure... I drive it practically every day, so it's hard to notice the little changes over the years. I will say though that the predictability of the handling hasn't really changed at all. Once I got to a certain point, it just kinda stayed the same from my point of view

Old 12-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #46
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kviper52 View Post
Though he did say he's put at least 165,000 miles on this sr20.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #47
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^look at the date.....
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:32 AM   #48
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Nevermind...

Last edited by mewantkouki; 12-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Old ass post
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #49
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hope my SR lasts that long
Old 12-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #50
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaSexyS13 View Post
hope my SR lasts that long
sr20 will last forever as long as you stay the fuck off the limiter, have good ecu tune, and stop trying to run 400+ whp without the supporting mods.

I put well over 100k on mine, it had bolt ons for about 5 yrs, then HKS gt2540, tomei cams, 550cc injectors, z32 maf, apexi head gasket, around 280-300whp at 1bar for another 4 years. Multiple cross country trips, drove from socal to Chicago, then green bay for Final Bout 1, drifted all weekend, then drove home (fuel pump died in NV on the way back but the engine was still fine)

I finally pulled it out for a refresh because oil pressure was starting to get low when hot (10psi or less at idle). Bearings still looked good, compression was ok but not perfect, its to be expected on a high mileage engine. Could have put fresh bearings and a new oil pump and gone on for another decade, but made plans for a full forged build instead.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #51
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
^look at the date.....
So, what about it? I don't think i'm breaking a forum rule by responding to his post. Answering or elaborating on his question sounds like a legitimate contribution to the thread to me.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #52
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So, what about it? I don't think i'm breaking a forum rule by responding to his post. Answering or elaborating on his question sounds like a legitimate contribution to the thread to me.

No wasnt tryn to be a dick was just gonna say i dont think ull get a reply from the op. Sorry
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #53
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I love the character and personalization. Maybe I live for it.

The sr was ahead of it's time fo sho

Sr20 from ~1990 will go 500k miles at 400rwhp (~350ft*lbs of torque on 93 octane), just change the oil pump at ~200k and maybe scrub the cylinders and add new rings around 300k to bring back compression.
haven't got a doubt in my mind

I know someone who swapped their 240 back in 2001 or so, drove that car who knows how many miles, had to be 150k or so, it recently oil pump failure chewed the bearings up. I warned him that would happen. Those pumps don't last forever but everything else seems like it will.

now. whether or not this a feasible, recommendable, logical, sane idea is another story all together.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #54
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
No wasnt tryn to be a dick was just gonna say i dont think ull get a reply from the op. Sorry
Why wouldn't he get a reply? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Though he did say he's put at least 165,000 miles on this sr20.
Yeah this is all chassis miles. As of today, I'm at 438,000 chassis miles, and I've added about 200,000 miles to the SR. The best thing I ever did was to rebuild it shortly after the swap. CP Pistons / Eagle Rods, metal head gasket blah blah blah, all the common stuff. I've just kept it super simple tho, and I'm not forcing a ton of HP out of the motor. On the last tune, it was set at 315 hp. It could go further, but honestly it gets scary enough in the mountains with this much hp. You could say I'm running a de-tuned setup for longevity right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I love the character and personalization. Maybe I live for it.

The sr was ahead of it's time fo sho

Sr20 from ~1990 will go 500k miles at 400rwhp (~350ft*lbs of torque on 93 octane), just change the oil pump at ~200k and maybe scrub the cylinders and add new rings around 300k to bring back compression.
haven't got a doubt in my mind

I know someone who swapped their 240 back in 2001 or so, drove that car who knows how many miles, had to be 150k or so, it recently oil pump failure chewed the bearings up. I warned him that would happen. Those pumps don't last forever but everything else seems like it will.

now. whether or not this a feasible, recommendable, logical, sane idea is another story all together.
Just gotta keep an eye on things. I kinda feel like it's similar to your health... like, you'll usually see signs that you're getting sick or that you should do something before something breaks.

An accurate oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge seem really good to have. Besides that, if you drive a car frequently enough, you can hear or feel if something seems slightly odd. Then you go hunting for loose wires or this or that. At least, that's kind of how I've taken care of this car. I really want to reach the 500k mile mark. I heard there are a couple people out there who are close to it, but idk... who knows, maybe they meant kilometers hahah

If there's anything I've learned from having this car this long, it's that EVERYTHING is a wear item, not just brake pads, rotors, spark plugs, and that sort of thing. I've broken the most random things just from age and regular driving. I've snapped a rear knuckle and my chassis has torn in 3 places. I've also broken a subframe stud. But after replacing and welding what's been broken, maaaaayyyybe we can get another 400,000 miles of good times. Still the best car ever.

Old 06-03-2022, 09:35 AM   #55
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Love that we got a 2022 update. Keep on truckin!
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:13 AM   #56
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I've snapped a rear knuckle and my chassis has torn in 3 places.
Where did the chassis tear? Least you don't have to deal with rust being in CA..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:35 AM   #57
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Just gotta keep an eye on things. I kinda feel like it's similar to your health... like, you'll usually see signs that you're getting sick or that you should do something before something breaks.
Still the best car ever.
I like your mentality (not just in the above quotes post but your previous posts about having regret when people sell their cars that they like).

Definitely need to see a build sheet. I looked through your profile and didn't see a build thread.

Do you just keep a shitload of spare parts hoarded away somewhere?

Do you have other cars that you use for different purposes? Like you and your girl go to the movies, do you take her car or do you actually take yours?
Grocery shopping?

Do you have special rules for parking? (Parking 6 miles away from everyone, anti theft measures, etc?)
Back when I daily'd my stock auto S14, my gear selector button was broken and would come out. I hid that when I parked my car on the top floor of the parking garage. I also parked the drivers side door extremely close to a wall/pillar and exited the vehicle from the passenger side.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:15 AM   #58
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I would also like to add that is the best coolest seat cover I've ever seen in anywhere ever

And I want one, and looking to make my own, I hope you don't mind if I copy cat haha
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #59
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Where did the chassis tear? Least you don't have to deal with rust being in CA..
1 tear on each of the front wheel-wells. You can see it if you remove a wheel. The tears were under the strut towers. The 3rd tear was on one of the rear strut towers, visible if you peel the cloth back a bit in the trunk area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I like your mentality (not just in the above quotes post but your previous posts about having regret when people sell their cars that they like).

Definitely need to see a build sheet. I looked through your profile and didn't see a build thread.

Do you just keep a shitload of spare parts hoarded away somewhere?

Do you have other cars that you use for different purposes? Like you and your girl go to the movies, do you take her car or do you actually take yours?
Grocery shopping?

Do you have special rules for parking? (Parking 6 miles away from everyone, anti theft measures, etc?)
Back when I daily'd my stock auto S14, my gear selector button was broken and would come out. I hid that when I parked my car on the top floor of the parking garage. I also parked the drivers side door extremely close to a wall/pillar and exited the vehicle from the passenger side.
Thanks. My neighbor's dad once said that if you treat your car well, it'll treat you well. I empathize that there can be desperate times when you gotta get rid of something that you really like. But man, sometimes we keep around people and things that give us grief and get rid of the good things, like a buncha fools.

I've never made a build thread... mostly because I've rarely had my car down for an extended period of time where I planned to install 10+ parts simultaneously. Aside from the engine rebuild, everything's been one-by-one. Install a part, drive the car, feel the part, cool... enjoy it, then try another part. If I ever made a "build thread," it'd likely be 10+ years old, with me posting things like, "So I'm on my 4th set of swaybars now" haha

I actually don't horde a ton of spare parts. Right now, I know I've got some spare z32 calipers and random things here and there, and that's about it. When it becomes near impossible to repair the car due to unavailability of necessary parts... well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Maybe I'll retire the car... or I'll learn how to make parts.

The 2 other cars I have are an S13 and an S2000. But neither one of those 2 are keepers. I just always wanted to feel what it's like to own them. I've spent the last 1-2 years bringing both into a much more respectable condition than when I bought them, and I'll experience them for a bit then sell them for a lot of money.

If my girl and I go to the movies, we'd probably take my S14 or her Z. Shopping, same thing... unless we need to buy something big, then we use her truck. Road trip, probably my S14 or her Z depending on whatever we feel like. No kids, no worries.

I used to try to park away from other cars in parking lots. That's when the paint was perfect-perfect. Now, at the very least, I try not to choose tight spots. Dings and little scratches will happen; that's life. Luckily I know some body/paint people that I've trusted for the past many-years. But as far as anti-theft, I've got a pretty sensitive car alarm with ignition kill and a removable steering wheel. I'm familiar with most of the places I go to, and when I need to park somewhere sketchy, I try to park within range of my alarm's remote/transponder, so I'll know if anyone's touching the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I would also like to add that is the best coolest seat cover I've ever seen in anywhere ever

And I want one, and looking to make my own, I hope you don't mind if I copy cat haha
Thanks so much. I don't mind at all --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDqt2FzCvJw