Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-19-2023, 10:27 PM   #1
S13..240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
S13..240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 gas gauge problem

Recently replaced the o2 on the car just as a maintenance thing, The car did use a lot less gas and ran the same which was good. A week goes by and driving the car one day and the gauge goes from halfway to 1/4. So I fill it back up and keep an eye on it and can tell it started to use the same amount of gas as before or maybe even a little worse. I had some time and found out the line that runs from the bottom right of the tank to the top hat had actual gotten a tear in it and was leaking some gas out so i cut it off and moved the line up. Still had the same issue and found a little further down the line it had another tear in it so I fixed that section as well. After fixing the line i took off the top hat to inspect and see if the floater was still on the hanger which it was so I filled the car up and it was right at 3/4 of a tank and I went on a 20 mile drive, the car was just above halfway. The issue is the gauge shows just above half and I will drive the car hard 3k+ rpms and it will move up right to just under 3/4 of a tank then I drive normally and it will fall back to just above halfway. There are no more leaks no wiring was messed with. The o2 was a bosch. I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, and maf 3k miles ago.
S13..240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Sounds about normal.

Relentless motorsports in Texas can rebuild/refurbish the cluster of it is a board issue.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:50 AM   #3
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
s13 or s14?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #4
S13..240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Sounds about normal.

Relentless motorsports in Texas can rebuild/refurbish the cluster of it is a board issue.
Really? never had the issue before until I noticed the tear in one of the lines.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:58 AM   #5
S13..240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
s13 or s14?
S14 specifically a 95
Old 02-20-2023, 05:50 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13..240sx View Post
Really? never had the issue before until I noticed the tear in one of the lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13..240sx View Post
S14 specifically a 95
My S14 (95) does it as well. Perhaps not as drastically as you?ve made yours sound, but I have noticed it too.
Old 02-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #7
S13..240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
My S14 (95) does it as well. Perhaps not as drastically as you?ve made yours sound, but I have noticed it too.
yea just bugs me as im not able to tell if the car actually has half a tank or 3/4. going to try and look at the float and see if something is up with it