Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-28-2021, 03:25 AM   #31
trini954

Trader Rating: (0)
trini954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome thread, I've always wanted to visit japan but this is the closest I'll ever get. thanks for sharing.
trini954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2021, 08:02 PM   #32
DA6 RiC

DA6 RiC has a spectacular aura aboutDA6 RiC has a spectacular aura aboutDA6 RiC has a spectacular aura aboutDA6 RiC has a spectacular aura aboutDA6 RiC has a spectacular aura aboutDA6 RiC has a spectacular aura about
This thread is awesome, thank you for posting/updating.
DA6 RiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #33
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it! I've got some more that I need to load up this weekend
Old 02-06-2021, 02:18 PM   #34
carbon24
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
carbon24 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Really makes me want to take a trip to Japan. Definitely will be revisiting this thread over and over again.
carbon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #35
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Found This 180sx while searching, I think that's a C-West wing on it.

Border

Impulse.. This photo is of the side, couldn't pass up taking a shot of this chassis..

Impulse.. entrance of the place

JUN.. Looks a little run down but it seems like there is still a good amount going on there.

JUN.. Spotted this SR in one of their windows, that manifold is crazy.

NordRing.. GTR specialty shop.

N-Style.. One of my favorite shops, great street style, and they build crazy cars in the middle of nowhere, place is surrounded by rice fields.

OS Giken.. Always pictured this place way bigger, pretty amazing they do what they do out of such a small operation.

Rays Engineering headquarters..

Run Free.. well, what's left of Run Free.

Tomei..

Thanks for looking guys, appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #36
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i would send my s14 to powerhouse amuse or mines for a full build if i had the time and funds. maybe power house for asthetics/suspension and mines for power. dreams.
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #37
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow this is a great thread. Thanks for sharing!
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #38
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
This is amazing. Thank you!
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:44 AM   #39
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Oh man that JUN SR manifold is so rad. New age of window shopping.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:03 AM   #40
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Did some more for you guys

Cusco

Feels

Feels - If you go down the side street, you can catch the employees washing their uniforms!!

G-Corporation

RE-Amemiya, awesome shop!

RE-Amemiya has a Mazda Cosmo chilling in the show room..no big deal..

Side Parking lot of RE-Amemiya

Spoon Sports

Hard to see, but it's Tanabe's manufacturing plant.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:31 PM   #41
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Don't know if it counts because it's not a Google Image. But I went to Koguchi Power in late 2019 before all the shit kicked off. I took a heap of photo's at the shop but i'll just share a few to not overload.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:20 AM   #42
burnsauto
Post Whore!

awesome! That place is hard to see from the road, so to find some photos that aren't staged or cropped are great! Thanks
Old 02-22-2021, 07:22 AM   #43
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Don't know if it counts because it's not a Google Image. But I went to Koguchi Power in late 2019 before all the shit kicked off. I took a heap of photo's at the shop but i'll just share a few to not overload.
Please, overload.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #44
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
It's pretty funny there is a convertible Mustang parked in front of G-Corporation.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #45
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Man, so many of these shops look like they're barely surviving... tough to tell. Some are so legendary like JUN and it breaks my heart. RWB always looks like a mess but they seem to be crushing it, at least in the marketing area, so hopefully it just 'looks' that way for the other guys too.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:07 PM   #46
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulessphoto View Post
Please, overload.

His D1 JZX Just sitting there. Was so awesome to see up close.

Koguchi's current drifting machine is this S14. Had a bunch of good parts on it as you'd expect.

Best till last. His infamous 180SX. Waiting to be restored. Which he eventually will.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:56 AM   #47
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very cool thread idea! Here are a few more to add that I found randomly while I was there in 2016 visiting family. Uploading from a phone so not sure how these will turn out, I will edit on pc if needed.

Be-take

Some random place down the street from Be-take

Gallery

Feel Yokohama(the only place I was able to actually stop at)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:17 AM   #48
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
ZERO/SPORTS & ZEROMAX:
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:23 PM   #49
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
I took these in 2013 while on a business trip to Japan.

My Photo Stream-957 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Coolest restroom
My Photo Stream-958 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

My Photo Stream-959 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

My Photo Stream-982 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here is a link to more including the Nissan headquarters showroom - https://flic.kr/s/aHsjEN4WMj
Old 02-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #50
burnsauto
Post Whore!

oh shit, i forgot about zero sports! thanks for the contributions guys! I know there a ton of shops out there, so this thread shouldn't run out of places to see for awhile..
Old 02-23-2021, 10:26 PM   #51
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Also they look rundown or closed because Google maps ALWAYS goes super early in the morning to beat traffic.

Here is a few

Feed - Fujita Engineering

MCR - Matchless Crowd Racing - Known GTR R34 and 35

LAP - Auto Produce Boss - their S15 was insanely fast in the day
Old 05-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #52
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
He is still my favorite drifter of all time. I didn't want this thread to die

Kasuyuki Kazama - Rodextyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGy9WJODrP8

Old 05-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #53
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A few observations and questions -

One, whats up with all the corrugated steal buildings? While cool, and I'd love to have one, they look very Soviet-Era / 3rd World.

Two, Japan looks very run down (outside the glitz areas). Is this a correct assessment? I get this feeling that there was tons of growth and expansion with all these "modern" buildings in the 80's and early 90's and then the economy collapsed and much of the country never recovered, renovated or continued to expand like it had 30 years ago.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #54
burnsauto
Post Whore!

i won't let the thread die, just been pretty busy lately. I have a few more saved up, and I'll try and make some more time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
A few observations and questions -

One, whats up with all the corrugated steal buildings? While cool, and I'd love to have one, they look very Soviet-Era / 3rd World.

Two, Japan looks very run down (outside the glitz areas). Is this a correct assessment? I get this feeling that there was tons of growth and expansion with all these "modern" buildings in the 80's and early 90's and then the economy collapsed and much of the country never recovered, renovated or continued to expand like it had 30 years ago.
I think what you're seeing, is the slow death of the car scene in Japan. A lot of these shops are starting to wind down, and the owners are getting older. I'm thinking/feeling that within the next 15 years the scene in Japan is going to look very different. Sure a lot of the larger shops will continue to grow and be there, but all the little shops that we all love are going to be gone.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #55
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here's a place that isn't special to the S-chassis crowd, but is special to me. I flew to Hiroshima then took the train to Onomichi to inspect a Carrera RS 2.7 at this shop. The owner, whose name I've now forgotten almost eight years after (edit: found his card, his name's Shigeru), was kind, spoke better English than I did Japanese, and kept me hydrated with chilled green tea on a 90 degree, 95% humidity day.

We took the road in front of his shop under the highway, up into the hills, and then did a 200kmh run down the highway back to the shop. After that, he put the car up in the air and the forward mount of one of the front control arms was rusted nearly completely through!

He has tons of vintage race parts hidden in his shop, and he maintains multiple 911s and a couple 356s for locals. Has a fondness for Lotus Europas and Caterham Sevens as well.

I took the train back to Hiroshima, took a shower, hopped on the train to Up Garage in Asaminami Ward and walked back to my hotel just outside the Peace Park. It was fascinating.

Here's Autech Tsukada/ATTKD:

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 05-17-2021 at 04:03 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:02 AM   #56
KR5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
KR5 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Dope thread @burnsauto !!
KR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #57
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Such great stories! Keep em coming please
Old 05-27-2021, 05:35 AM   #58
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Good stuff man!
Old 06-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #59
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anderson View Post
It's pretty funny there is a convertible Mustang parked in front of G-Corporation.
They freaking love American cars over there.

Also, been to/by so many of these shops. I miss them

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #60
burnsauto
Post Whore!

I've got a bunch more, I'll get them up before the weekend.