Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #31
Compressorsurge

Trader Rating: (0)
Compressorsurge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This build will be amazing. Love the work you did on those tubs!
Compressorsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #32
kneeecoo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kneeecoo is making a name for him/her selfkneeecoo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That valve cover is gorgeous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #33
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
man this thing is gonna be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Ahhhh, so you were the one that posted the TBO stuff on 757 Nissan! Awesome work man, loving it so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Going to be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
this is perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
I have a two tone that was sitting in someones barn for 6 years, cool to see a similar find. Love the direction you're going, looking great so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeecoo View Post
That valve cover is gorgeous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you all for the positive words of encouragement! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compressorsurge View Post
This build will be amazing. Love the work you did on those tubs!
Thank you! I'm about to redo them so there's no overlap and finish welding them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
Nice work! What skirts are those?
Thank you, I think they're OEM Chuki skirts.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #34
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Great work so far man! Glad to see you are saving this one. I would love to stumble upon a two tone. Subbed for future updates
EFITTZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #35
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Earlier this year I picked up an OEM Silvia hood that had seen better days.

After I started power washing away all the mossy mess.

I found the hood has multiple layers of bondo/primer/paint

Test fitted the hood, it lines up pretty well.

I'm thinking about either just replacing the hole with new sheet metal or going with the TBO hot dog vents.

I also found the culprit who decided to cut Missouri into the hood.

The next update will include all the work I did to re-do the tubs.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #36
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
looking forward to it... that hood might be diffitcult to salvage.

interested to see what you do.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #37
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I was hoping you somehow had found the Sealazone aero for it. But the TBO stuff is great too! Love the style you've got lined up for this car.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #38
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So far so good man, keep it up!
Old 06-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #39
slowmovingvehicle
Leaky Injector

slowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-known
you have any pictures of how you mounting your wing to the trunk?
slowmovingvehicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
looking forward to it... that hood might be diffitcult to salvage.

interested to see what you do.
Agreed it's certainly rough. If my current plan doesn't pull through then I'll take it to my friends at Yocums.

https://www.facebook.com/YocumsRodShop/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I was hoping you somehow had found the Sealazone aero for it. But the TBO stuff is great too! Love the style you've got lined up for this car.
Believe me I looked before purchasing the TBO stuff. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
So far so good man, keep it up!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmovingvehicle View Post

But for real that's a good question, when it comes time to mount it I'll make sure to do a small write up.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #41
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmovingvehicle View Post
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u191058386

Mounts like this and that real decent sorta double sided tape will be the move
Old 10-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #42
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Small update but heavy with photos. Late April - Early June I wasn't happy with the overlap design of the tubs. Soooo I cut the vertical pieces out and proceeded to fully weld the tubs in so they were flush. I seam sealed everything up and I hit the front wheel wells with bed liner.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:46 PM   #43
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Looks fuckin' awesome so far, dude!
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #44
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Very nice work. Keep it up.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #45
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Looks fuckin' awesome so far, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Very nice work. Keep it up.
Thanks guys! As always I appreciate the positive feedback and motivation
Old 11-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #46
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
aaaaaand that folks is how you do tubs. very nice!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #47
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

I've just been knocking out some small stuff during the course of the summer and early fall. The time has been spent cleaning up more rust in the engine bay, SEM dying the rear seats black, painted the steering rack and finished cleaning the transmission.

What're hog rings?

I painted the trans with VHT silver but I forgot to take a picture it'll probably break anyways

I picked up a set of Stance GR+ coilovers, I took some time to apply new anti-seize and installed new boots on the rear. The rear subframe was pulled once again to install the GK tech bits (arms, weld in plates and axle spacers.) I painted the knuckles, replaced the front wheel bearings, installed GK tech RC correction bits and I resprayed the front subframe and tension rod bracket to match the rear subframe.

]

Old 11-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #48
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
aaaaaand that folks is how you do tubs. very nice!
Thanks man! In hindsight I should have just replaced the battery tray and saved myself a ton of work and headaches.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #49
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
im not sure how old those coils are, if you bought them used, but keep an eye on the rear lower bushings. the lexus stance coils look like they have the same lower bushing and they are known to fail.

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/IS300-BSHCO-38-4522-23
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #50
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
im not sure how old those coils are, if you bought them used, but keep an eye on the rear lower bushings. the lexus stance coils look like they have the same lower bushing and they are known to fail.

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/IS300-BSHCO-38-4522-23
I was told the mileage was low, but you never know! Thank you, that'll be something to keep an eye on. I appreciate the info! Hopefully they won't be on the car too long
Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 PM   #51
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Small update from last year. I won a set of bricks (with all the tabs, lock rings and rubber seals) on YAJ and picked up the corners from 1gr8bar10der. For the first time in a long time I'm steadily employed so the car will be done sooner than later... lol

Old 03-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #52
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This build is awesome. Exact route I were to take if I were to build a coupe.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #53
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
This build is awesome. Exact route I were to take if I were to build a coupe.
I appreciate that a ton, I'm changing it up just a little bit with the next update.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:21 PM   #54
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Glad to see youre sticking with it man. Excited for the next update.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:10 PM   #55
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Well it hasn?t gone far and for a while there was very little progress. The start of a new job took up nearly 11 hours of my day, including commute. Needless to say the motivation to continue work on the project was running low. The car sat untouched from winter 2018 until March 2020, thanks to becoming a remote worker.

I had previously sold the 4 lug Yokohama Advan AVS VS6s and really wanted a more aggressive set. By fall 2019, I was able to purchase a set of them in a square 17x9 +18 spec. Shout out to Fedex for dragging my wheels everywhere and basically giving them all curb rash. Opening up a claim with Fedex literally resulted in the worst headache and them acting like I never existed.

The interior was 95% complete for the car but I had yet to wrap the visors. This was my second attempt and I?m fairly happy with the outcome. I hotdog bunned them together, stapled them down to set the glue and sewed them together.

Eastbear mirrors, thanks to Streeter. They happened to be repainted multiple times. While sanding them down I found maybe 10 different layers of paint. I took them all the way down to the plastic in preparation for some minor repairs and paint. Wet sand, wet sand, wet sand.

Ahh the engine bay, yes, the biggest waste of time during this whole project. I wish I would have just moved on after the last pictures I posted of it etched, primed, and seamed sealed; but alas, I decided to make it perfect. There was rust beginning to form under the etch primer which resulted in me taking it back to bare metal. Eventually I got a decent base primer on it and used filler? to even out my fabricating skills. Not exactly the best direction, but after spinning my wheels, I think it?s going the right way and looks pretty good for a tin can.

In late April, my friend Nick told me that a buddy of his wanted to sell a running KA24DE out of a 95 auto. The price was right and the LS bug bit another one. In the interest of keeping things simple, I did a quick refresh on the engine and took care of the leaky oil pan. I plan to have the car ready to drive soon so maybe a turbo build down the road is in order for my spare engine.

With picking up the new Advans, I went down the rabbit hole of a 5 lug swap and Z32 brake upgrades. I went with the Part Shop Max calipers front and rear. I was also lucky to score a set of rear aluminum calipers from the junkyard. This time around, I decided to press in the new bearings myself using a rented press? what a time.

In early December, another set of VS6s came up for sale with Falkens already installed and I couldn?t resist. The drive to PA for them was definitely worth it; the powder coat finish is amazing. I made a stop along the way and picked up a Nismo strut bar as well. The wheels' specs are okay: 17x9 +35 and 17x9 +18. I?m currently going to just run a 10 mm slip on spacer to make the fronts work.

Hopefully by late spring I?ll have a lot more accomplished and another update. As always I appreciate the support of this community a ton.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #56
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Over the years I always want to do a clean bay and shave/tuck everything. But my worst fear is going down a hole and never get it running again. I hope you over come it and make it work. You been a lot with this one. Hope it will finish soon bud.
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #57
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Good stuff dude. Keep the motivation high!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:25 AM   #58
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post

I was able to meet Koguchi at the Quickstyle event and we exchanged stickers. I cut him a Koguchi Power sticker I had drawn up for a work project. It's awesome he posted a picture of it on his IG account!

I was at this event! My hatch was white back then:

Great progress so far! Also, great choice re-stripping your bay and putting a new coat of primer. Etch primer isnt great, a better product you want for bare metal is a 2k epoxy primer, which seals the metal from moisture, especially in an engine bay that sees a ton of moisture and isn't sealed like the inside of the car. I'll be following to see your progress! Bring this to Spirit.JP once it's done
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #59
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Over the years I always want to do a clean bay and shave/tuck everything. But my worst fear is going down a hole and never get it running again. I hope you over come it and make it work. You been a lot with this one. Hope it will finish soon bud.
I'd suggest having a metal fab shop do it, honestly this car would be on the road right now it weren't for all the work in the engine bay. (Also plenty of mistakes I made with the tubs and paint). Appreciate the support, fingers crossed the engine will be in it by June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Good stuff dude. Keep the motivation high!
You know it! Keeping on the work almost everyday right now. That light at the end of the tunnel might exist haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
I was at this event! My hatch was white back then:

Great progress so far! Also, great choice re-stripping your bay and putting a new coat of primer. Etch primer isnt great, a better product you want for bare metal is a 2k epoxy primer, which seals the metal from moisture, especially in an engine bay that sees a ton of moisture and isn't sealed like the inside of the car. I'll be following to see your progress! Bring this to Spirit.JP once it's done
I was there and at lowstyle heroes, you were rippin as always. I went through you build as well, solid work through the years.

So that's what I ended up spraying. I had some of it flash dry and stick into the wet primer. I've got filler primer over it and I'm trying to wet sand down all the nubs of paint without cutting through the epoxy. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm planning to spectate Spirit.JP later this summer, hope I'll catch you there! No telling if the car will make it though ahah but that is the goal.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #60
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Satisfying build, always glad to see more cool stuff on the east coast. Keep it up brother.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote