Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #61
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rican_nick View Post
I had misplaced the spacers that came with the manifold (goes under the rail).. and without them there the rail wouldnt sit flat and actually lifts the grommets out of place. With the spacers there it sit's as flat as it can. Injector body sits all the way in and flush with the injector grommet. Goin on 2yrs now with no problems at all sorts of boost levels.

Well this is good news then.

Btw, what did you do to your throttle body....did you just rotate the pulley?

Daily driven
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #62
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Btw, what did you do to your throttle body....did you just rotate the pulley?
I honestly do not remember. I "figured" it out 5-6yrs ago.

I had 4 throttle bodies at the time and I used parts off of one of them on the stock TB that came with the motor. The stock pulley put a retarted angle on the throttle cable that almost caused me to die downshifting on an offramp.. the cable got stuck.

S13 Kouki Blacktop w/ Cruise
S13 SOHC KA
S13 DOHC KA w/Cruise
S14 SR

My Seller's Review Thread
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #63
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Oh jeez...

My cable comes into the pulley at the right angle (left-to-right), but the point where the end of the cable locks in to the pulley is pretty far on the underside of the pulley.

...i.e. the cable wraps pretty far around the pulley.....I am concerned that over time, this is putting more stress on the throttle body.....my gas pedal feel firmed up significantly since i rigged it up on the new Greddy IM.

I may take the throttle body to a buddy and have him weld the throttle plate to the rod, right smack dab on top of the screws.....just to be safe.

Daily driven
Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #64
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
pming you.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #65
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rican_nick View Post
I honestly do not remember. I "figured" it out 5-6yrs ago.

I had 4 throttle bodies at the time and I used parts off of one of them on the stock TB that came with the motor. The stock pulley put a retarted angle on the throttle cable that almost caused me to die downshifting on an offramp.. the cable got stuck.
Wow man thats scary, I am planning on running this throttle bracket

It lines up with the pulley perfectly. If anyone else wants one lmk they are kind of pricey but you only have to buy it once so thats good.

I need a new s13 SR throttle body if anyone has one...?

This thread dominates
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #66
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
all this mods to the fuel rail makes me wonder what i did wrong then.
im not trying to be a dick or rude at all but i had no mods to my fuel rail at all to run a greddy IM. i have no issues with fitment or anything.
also, i have a write up on how to modify your s13 sr stock throttle cable without have to get an s14 pulley or make custom brakets...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #67
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
all this mods to the fuel rail makes me wonder what i did wrong then.
im not trying to be a dick or rude at all but i had no mods to my fuel rail at all to run a greddy IM. i have no issues with fitment or anything.
also, i have a write up on how to modify your s13 sr stock throttle cable without have to get an s14 pulley or make custom brakets...
I ran mine none modified for years... bent one of the brackets up a tad and had to bend the stock FPR slightly to clear the TB. It was ugly but worked. When I decided to go all -AN I modded/powder coated it so it looked cleaner as there were not many cost effective options for a side feed rail.. and considering the bore on the stock rail is big enough for the power I was looking for there was no real need.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #68
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3ga View Post
Wow man thats scary, I am planning on running this throttle bracket

It lines up with the pulley perfectly. If anyone else wants one lmk they are kind of pricey but you only have to buy it once so thats good.

I need a new s13 SR throttle body if anyone has one...?

This thread dominates
thats a pretty cool bracket.. price and pics of it installed?

Closed Thread