Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Sickboy240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sickboy240sx Send a message via Yahoo to Sickboy240sx
FS: 1992 Nissan 240sx SE - 5 Speed - Completely rebuilt KA24DET

Engine
• KA24DET
• Balanced crank
• Complete blueprinted rebuild
• Bored .30 over
• NPR Ceramic topped flat head pistons
• Block and head decked
• Port and Polish Intake and Exhaust ports
• New timing chain kit - $159.99
• New water pump - $34.99
• New Thermostat (160 degree) - $20.99
• Complete radiator flush
• Emissions delete
• New IACV – $163.99
• BMC extender (Common practice in old muscle cars, can be removed and replaced in stock position with a turbo heat shield)
• Port matched equal length Turbo manifold
• Garrett T3/T04 completely rebuilt by Southeast Turbo Performance (of Atlanta, GA) - $300-500
• Oil and Water lines to turbo
• BEGI Adjustable rate Fuel Pressure Regulator - $230.00
• 75 Gallon Per Hour fuel pump - $135.00
• New fuel filter – 22.99
• Custom krayling (metal swirls) valve cover
• High temp silver enamel engine paint
• Anodized blue paint accessories
• Large intake in stock air box position - $65.00
• Greddy type blow off valve - $45
• New Duracell battery - $85.00
• Catalytic converter delete
• 3A Racing Dual Turn Up exhaust (sounds great) - $115.00
• Underhood Oil pressue gauge – $19.99
• Air Conditioning removed

Interior
• Heads Up Display (working)
• Digital dash (working)
• One rip in the left bolster of the driver seat (common)
• Heel rip in the floor carpet (common)
• Electric sunroof
• Uncracked dash
• Electric seatbelts
• Clean interior
• Door panel fabric in perfect condition
• Center vent 3 gauge pod - $20.00
• Boost Gauge - $30.00
• Fuel Pressure Gauge - $25.00
• AEM Wideband UEGO – $209.00

Exterior
• Factory body
• Factory wing
• Perfect glass
• Perfect lenses in turns, sides, rears and tails.
• Fully working pop-up headlights
• ZERO RUST
• Western Wheels (unknown style, Pre 1980’s) in 14x8 +0 Offset. – Offered $600.00 for them
• Brand new BF Goodrich tires - $360.00
• Frame in great condition, no issues at all.
• Gas tank was removed and cleaned out before new Fuel Pump was put in.

Body has 144087 miles on it.
Engine has LESS THAN 1 mile drove on it. It’s been drove from 1 garage up the driveway to another garage. It has idled multiple times for 5-10 minutes at a time. No knock, no codes. Once the FPR and the Wideband are put in (this Saturday), I will put some miles on it, to “street tune”.

The story goes like this. I bought the car 7 years ago. I was very much into the “scene” and so I bought the car ready for some sideways action. Instead, it had a rear main seal that leaked like a sieve. I took it to Myrtle Beach 3 weeks after I bought it, drove it back after my weeks vacation and parked it. I removed the motor with intentions of replacing the seals and continuing on my merry way. Unfortunately for me, the speed bug got me. I began researching turbocharging the car. This was 7 years ago. Trust that the wealth of knowledge available now was not available then. I made the decision, being a young man with no goals in my immediate future, to turbo the car. The block was stripped and sent off for machine work. I got the block back, reassembled everything to the head (which had been port and polished) began looking for info on turbo manifolds. Most were really expensive and out of my price range. I had one fabbed up to work with my freshly rebuilt Garrett T3/T04 Ball Bearing turbo. The motor was not back in the car and fate struck. I met the girl of my dreams.

After a brief dating period, I began to build a house. I was immediately thrust into the father role of her child, we married shortly thereafter. The car was put out of mind. I had more important things going on.

Fast forward 6 years later.

I’m divorced. I have a house that I built (which is pretty cool to say). And I have an unfinished car. I’m a big guy, 6’5” and 380. I don’t fit in a 240. When I was younger, I was ok with that. Now, I look at it with the same horror that your mother looks at getting into a new bikini, natch. I have a surgically repaired leg and ankle and it’s just not comfortable for me.

So I’m selling it.

I’ve been doing what I can to get it to a drivable position. I don’t wanna see it have to be carted off like a junker. It runs fine. I’ve not got a chance to play with it much because I don’t want to risk hurting it. So here’s the deal, straight up, here’s what still needs to be done.

CONS (if you wanna call them that, I see opportunities)
• Needs more low. Was planning on running at the minimum KYB and some sport springs. These wheels would look good tucked up a bit though.
• Needs an intercooler. Now, I know you’re immediately going to balk at not having an intercooler. I understand. But, a car doesn’t HAVE to have one. Again, I got the car into a drivable position. I’m not saying it’s ready for a track day. Capiche?
• Needs a tune. Sure, it’s running at a fine A/F ratio right now. It’s getting all the fuel and it’s not throwing any knock codes. BUT, I know it needs a tune. I have an old style Apex’i 5 Knob SAFC that I’ll throw in if you wanna do it that way. Myself, I’d say go for a more reliable route. Again, the car has not been “hot dogged” or whatever, so I can’t say that on the factory tune and the way I have it set up that it’ll last you if you start banging gears and sliding around your local grocery store parking lot.
• One small dent in the top of the driver’s fender, looks as if something fell over on it. Paint isn’t even chipped there.
• Will need painted. The wing has began chipping and the top has sun damage.
• Air conditioning is removed. Depends on what you are going to do with it if this is a con or a pro. No air = more free’d up HP. I still have the AC compressor and parts. These will be in the trunk.
• It needs a bath. It’s been in the garage for a long time and needs a good deep cleaning.

I need a bigger car. I don’t want to put more money into a car that will not suit my needs. This is a car that needs to be driven and I’m too old for it anymore. I need a car with better gas mileage than this one has stock.

Price is $6500 OBO. The parts and the square chassis are worth this. I have my eye on a car that I really want, so I don’t want to take a beating on this.

If you think it’s high, a good bodied coupe easily fetches $2000 - 3000. A completely rebuilt stock motor is $3000. If you don’t like something about it, you’re still at the starting line. You can put different exhaust manifold, you can put it back to a N/A car. There’s plenty of options to do what you want. With VERY LITTLE to fix. The parts that I still have prices on, listed above, add up to over $2500.00. All the hard work is done. Bolt on some things and you’re good to go.

The Wideband and BEGI FPR has not been installed yet. The gauges have not been put into the center air vent pod yet. This will be done this Saturday. I mounted the hood vent today. It looks great. Will add pictures soon.

You can either reply here, PM me or text me at 865-661-7331. Car is located in East Tennessee, specifically Sevier County.

The dent in the driver fender

Last edited by Sickboy240sx; 04-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Lowered price. Updated parts.
Sickboy240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Bump. Price is OBO. Make an offer. Willing to work with buyer.

Just a random thought... would trade for a Scion Xb or the like. MT only.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Lowered price. Found the air conditioning compressor and bracket. Price is still OBO. Contact me.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Clear title is in hand. Ready for sale. Price still OBO. Let me know.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
lurkermurker

lurkermurker is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

man i would be all over this if it was just stock ka so it be cheaper lol. my rb needs a new shell
lurkermurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkermurker View Post
man i would be all over this if it was just stock ka so it be cheaper lol. my rb needs a new shell
I understand man. You could always sell the KA and get some money back.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Price is still OBO. Clean chassis! No miles! Very little left to make it awesome-sauce.