Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
CristianJ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
CristianJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13 Help troubleshooting headlight problems

Ok so i've done research and could not find anything that was similar to my problem. Well my problem is that my driver side headlight will only go up and down half-way. If i use the headlight switch to turn it on it will go up then go down half-way. If i turn them off they go down then come back up half-way. All i could find were people that had there headlight get stuck open or close but nothing about half-way. So any help will be greatly appricated.
CristianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
So they go up all the way, and then close half way, as if they aren't locking into place?
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
CristianJ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
CristianJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ok well i just fixed them and now they work like normal. Im pretty sure the way i fixed them will also be able to fix other peoples headlights. Like the people that have one headlight open and one close when on and vise versa or people the people that have one headlight which open or close faster than the other.
SOLUTION:

OK so on the inside of the headlight motor there is a nut that connects the rod to the motor(the nut is the one circled in red)
All you have to do in disconnect the battery and loosen that nut and adjust the headlight position to were it needs to be. Then tighten up the nut back and connect your battery and enjoy have your normal working headlights again
CristianJ is offline   Reply With Quote