Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:33 PM   #121
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Yo this dope! I like the removable core support idea. Clean work no doubt. Looking forward to more progress.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #122
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
Yo this dope! I like the removable core support idea. Clean work no doubt. Looking forward to more progress.
Thanks man, finally over being sick so I should have some good updates soon. I need to get this to fab work ASAP so I can get it back to my buddy JP for paint.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:30 AM   #123
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Saw ur post n said woot, UPDATES......clicked n i cried lol excited to see progress on this build
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #124
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Saw ur post n said woot, UPDATES......clicked n i cried lol excited to see progress on this build
Lol my fault man. Had to post the pic just to show all my shit parts and how cheap my build is bro. I’m gonna be tinkering again this weekend on the s14.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #125
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Lol my fault man. Had to post the pic just to show all my shit parts and how cheap my build is bro. I’m gonna be tinkering again this weekend on the s14.
All I see is $ on this build! I remember when my car was like that. almost there though!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #126
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 2/23/20!

Major progress

Old pan was removed, cleaned out all the bolt holes with a bottom tap and prepped the bottom of the motor for the Sikky goodness.

After some curse words and a bunch of up/down movements the motor is finally in. That Vortech V3 is sitting so pretty back in the bay though.

Just have to do a few more touches and it's finally off to fabwork. Getting stoked to see this thing finally come to life. Soon once its painted I will start retrofitting the HUD to the S14 dash and trying to start figuring out the wiring.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 02-26-2020 at 11:04 AM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #127
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Its about god dam time for an update.... goooddd shittzzzz
Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #128
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Its about god dam time for an update.... goooddd shittzzzz
Thanks man. It’s finally coming together just have so many things to do and never have enough time. Will be installing a few more random bits but otherwise it’s ready for the fab work.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 02-26-2020 at 11:03 AM..
Old 02-28-2020, 08:42 AM   #129
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 2/28/20

RHD ignition cylinder rekeyed to match my car.

Core support on for mock up, front bash bar on, intercooler mounted for mock up.

Little S15 mockup.

Super happy with the status of the car, got the mount kit all sorted with Sikky. Honestly just trying to get the odds and ends on the car before next weeks fabrication visit.

Have to buy oval exhaust materials and then get the car over to my buddy for full exhaust. I should have some more solid update on this guy very soon!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:55 AM   #130
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
This is gonna be nice

What are you doing with the fenders and the body lines?
Old 03-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #131
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
This is gonna be nice

What are you doing with the fenders and the body lines?
Thanks man!

In regards to the S15 front, we’re gonna graft a S14 fender and S15 fender to keep the body line of the S14 while also removing some items. Honestly the goal is no fiberglass! Can’t stand how wavy and shit aftermarket kits looks. In regards to body styling oem will always reign over aero.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 03-02-2020 at 08:26 AM..
Old 03-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #132
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks man!

In regards to the S15 front, we’re gonna graft a S14 fender and S15 fender to keep the body line of the S14 while also removing some items. Honestly the goal is no fiberglass! Can’t stay how wavy and shit aftermarket kits looks. In regards to body styling oem will always reign over aero.
Thats the right way todo it. Gonna be sweet.

What color u going with in the bay?
Old 03-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #133
AndrewS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Following along. This build is so wrong it's right. Huge props for making a car for you and not caring what anyone else thinks.
AndrewS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #134
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thats the right way todo it. Gonna be sweet.

What color u going with in the bay?
Thanks man, gonna go with a grey engine bay/interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS13 View Post
Following along. This build is so wrong it's right. Huge props for making a car for you and not caring what anyone else thinks.
Hey thanks man, appreciate the kind words. Yea life’s too short to care what everyone thinks on the internet, especially about a car. Just got the final pieces of the exhaust in, gonna go over this week and put headers on and get it ready for transport. The rain is hindering my plans, I have so much exposed metal I’m afraid to tow it during rain. Either way I’ll have more photos by Wednesday.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:25 PM   #135
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/10/20

All of the exhaust/intercooler components have arrived finally.

~Exhaust
Sikky RHD Headers 3" Vband
3" to 3.5" Oval Vibrant SS Pipe for Y Pipe
Vibrant Ti 3.5" In/Out Muffler with Titanium Vband

~Intercooler
3" polished tubing
Aluminum Transitions for Supercharger In/Out.

Hope to have the car to fabricator soon, Socal is being hit with a shit ton of rain so I don't want to move the car with so much exposed metal. Plans for tomorrow are getting the headers on, mounting the ignition cylinder so I can lock the column for towing, and capping off all the motor fluid ports.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:19 AM   #136
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you're gonna love that vibrant exhaust note.
i love mine. i'm slightly jealous of that burnt titanium tip....may have to change mine soon.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #137
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
you're gonna love that vibrant exhaust note.
i love mine. i'm slightly jealous of that burnt titanium tip....may have to change mine soon.
Thanks man! I listened to a few videos of them on LS swapped vehicles, loved the note from the Titanium. I figured since going all the way this time might as well get the extras haha.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #138
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/11/20

So much good stuff...

Finally installed the Sikky RHD V2 headers, absolutely love the fitment (although its tight) of header to chassis and also where steering shaft passes through is perfect.

Got the RHD ignition installed so I can lock the wheels this time for the trailer rides.

S15 Hood dropped off by my boy JP at JV Auto body. Threw it on, I am going to have to hike it up or maybe vent the hood due to supercharger outlet location.

I wont have much to do on this thing other than acquire more parts until its done with fab work. Hopefully that'll happen in the next few weeks.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #139
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/24/20

Decided to move to the Chase Bays remote PS reservoir setup, this required me to move to the Corvette pump. Pretty straight forward and the pulley is much more appealing visually so bonus.

Loads of relief as the CAR IS FINALLY AT FAB SHOP!!!!

Dropped the car off yesterday at Speed Socal (formally known as Mckinney Motorsports) for I/C piping, exhaust, sheet metal and a few more things.

While the car is at the shop, I decided to pull out some parts and start trying to figure this S14 HUD shit out. So far I've gone through many threads years ago on here about some info but most photos links are dead.

I have acquired A S14 HUD projector (Kouki I belive) and one Kouki HUD cluster and one Zenki HUD cluster. The Zenki cluster is more complete in my eyes because it has the module mounted to the back with pigtails. I however don't have the subharness that goes between and sourcing one I'm sure will be almost impossible. I'm gonna start going through the JDM manuals to try and find anything.

Also need some help on this, I do not have the connection/pigtail that plugs into the projector. It's a flat 20 pin style, I am currently going through Nissan tech manual for connectors but no luck yet.

Once the car is back and all painted, can't wait to get the full JDM green lighting package in!

I should be getting the car back Thursday or Friday so I will have some real progress for anyone still following along.

FUCK THIS CORONA VIRUS SHIT.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #140
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

3/24/20 Pt. 2

Just got these in tonight from the shop

Old 03-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #141
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Great progress so far.
Can't help you much with the HUD stuff, but i did find the plug housing for the projector.
It's a Yazaki 91 Connector A Type Housing 20P Female #7283-8601-40
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #142
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Great progress so far.
Can't help you much with the HUD stuff, but i did find the plug housing for the projector.
It's a Yazaki 91 Connector A Type Housing 20P Female #7283-8601-40
Thanks man!! That does help a lot. I?m now looking to see where else it?s used. Most places that have it in stock want orders of ten or more.

Should have more updates on the car tonight as they are now working on the oval exhaust.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:32 PM   #143
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
Thanks man!! That does help a lot. I?m now looking to see where else it?s used. Most places that have it in stock want orders of ten or more.

Should have more updates on the car tonight as they are now working on the oval exhaust.
Another option is to find a Kouki Silvia dash harness. I'm pretty sure that all Koukis were prewired for HUD, but just taped up the unused plugs for unequipped cars. Just checked my Kouki harness and both the projector and cluster plugs were there.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #144
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Another option is to find a Kouki Silvia dash harness. I'm pretty sure that all Koukis were prewired for HUD, but just taped up the unused plugs for unequipped cars. Just checked my Kouki harness and both the projector and cluster plugs were there.
That?s pretty neat, but I assume this would be JDM harnesses only correct?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #145
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
That?s pretty neat, but I assume this would be JDM harnesses only correct?
Correct.

Also, I was incorrect. Its Yazaki part #7283-8600.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #146
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/28/20

Okay so Agamemnon was correct on the factory plugs!!!! I am not sure if the HUD unit for the S14 Kouki is all integrated but it appears so. The two missing connections are on the harness for the cluster and HUD projector.

Played around with just the light bulb to get it to display.

Also the new Link ECU showed up with the plug and play adapter from Mark Panic. Absolutely love the Link platform I have it on the Altezza as well. This should pair nicely with my Chase Bays Milspec harness.

Car should be back from the fab shop this upcoming week, then I can really get moving on the progress towards painting. Looking to paint and do the full s15 fender conversion in June once the body shop is freed up.

Does anyone here have a JDM S14 Kouki combination meter wiring pinout? All the ones off Nicoforum advertise as S14A but show the Zenki cluster (can tell by connector type, number of connections, and the drawing of the clusters and gauge location).
Old 03-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #147
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/30/20

Updates from Speed Socal.

Intercooler mount and piping is all finished up, Vortech bypass valve is in place on the lower left bumper opening. Removable core support has been affixed, and holes in the chassis and RHD ebrake mount has been welded on.

Exhaust is being finished up at the moment, hopefully I'll get it back it back Wednesday if all goes as planned (<---HAHA.)

Once its back, I will proceed with cutting the core support to fit the Chase Bay radiator setup.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #148
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/1/20

Car is back from Speed Socal!!!!
Cant thank Andy enough, they did a great job and went above and beyond for other stuff.

Heres some close ups of the exhaust and the Vibrant muffler and oval piping.

Heres the engine bay and the piping done.

S15 Lights on for mockup, so happy to be at this point with the car.

Need to mount Chase Bay radiator setup and grind down S/C bracket for hood clearance. Once that is completed, I'll tear it apart and its off to paint.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #149
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/7/20

Removed the upper bracket for the super charger mount and removed unneeded material for hood clearance.

Had the day off today so decided to cut the core support and mount the Chase Bays tucked radiator setup.

Nutserts inserted into the upper core support for easy removal, everything installed and radiator mounted and spaced accordingly for headlight clearance.

Just waiting on a few parts in the mail for the hood bumpers to get the appropriate hood gap. I am going to have to space the hood up slightly to gain a little more clearance for the hood to super charger area.

I will be doing a few things here and there but now I will start removing engine and trans to start stripping back down for paint.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #150
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/12/20

FUCK COVID!!!!! Had my mom help me yesterday on the car...love the family bonding time.

Motor is back out, going in for engine bay and interior cabin paint tomorrow morning.