Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #4231
Agent_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Agent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
+12 and +22 will work. +38 will hit your coilovers; for a 9J, this is too much offset.

+22 is the 'safer' choice in regards to the fender fitment, +12 is more aggressive. Since you want to run 245's all around I would try for the +22's, you will have an easier time getting the tires inside the fenders that way.
So to reference this, I've seen people referencing 17x9 +12 for our stock body cars for "ideal fitment".

Due to the lack of "off the shelf availability" are 17x9 +22 the "replacement" for this now since I don't see as many 17x9 +12 options available for the wheels I'm interested in.

If +22 is just as efficient (as referenced "not as aggressive") for stock body 240'sx, that would be great to know when wheel shopping.

Also, could the same argument be made for 17x9.5 +12 wheel sizes too?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-Aaron
'91 240sx Coupe
Agent_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM   #4232
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_S13 View Post
So to reference this, I've seen people referencing 17x9 +12 for our stock body cars for "ideal fitment".

Due to the lack of "off the shelf availability" are 17x9 +22 the "replacement" for this now since I don't see as many 17x9 +12 options available for the wheels I'm interested in.

If +22 is just as efficient (as referenced "not as aggressive") for stock body 240'sx, that would be great to know when wheel shopping.

-Aaron
'91 240sx Coupe
Either or will work. A lot of people me included run 18x9.5 +22 stock body with just a roll.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #4233
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_S13 View Post

-Aaron
'91 240sx Coupe
Both are fine, both clear coils, brakes, etc.

I personally prefer 17x9 +12 and consider it more 'ideal', but I only ever run 215/45's or 225/40's on mine along with a good bit of camber (and a slight roll).

The guy asking for advice wanted to run very little camber and 245/40's, which is why I recommended the 17x9+22's.

+22 is only as efficient as +12 if you are not running spacers. For example, if I bought +22's, wasn't happy with the fitment and added 10mm spacers, I feel I should have bought the +12's instead.

So IMO, +22 is still for people who either want a minimum roll, minimum camber, maximum rubber, or don't care about running spacers. +12 is still ideal for everyone else.
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #4234
Agent_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Agent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Either or will work. A lot of people me included run 18x9.5 +22 stock body with just a roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Both are fine, both clear coils, brakes, etc.

I personally prefer 17x9 +12 and consider it more 'ideal', but I only ever run 215/45's or 225/40's on mine along with a good bit of camber (and a slight roll).

The guy asking for advice wanted to run very little camber and 245/40's, which is why I recommended the 17x9+22's.

+22 is only as efficient as +12 if you are not running spacers. For example, if I bought +22's, wasn't happy with the fitment and added 10mm spacers, I feel I should have bought the +12's instead.

So IMO, +22 is still for people who either want a minimum roll, minimum camber, maximum rubber, or don't care about running spacers. +12 is still ideal for everyone else.

Thanks to both of your prompt, clear answers.

Its not my daily anymore so I now have the time & money to put towards the car and wouldn't mind a clean set of wheels.

Unfortunately I'm still "stock" - no rolled/pulled fenders and no coilovers (AGX + Springs) but something I can put on that fits well is my goal here.

I will consider all recommendations/offsets above in my searches (opens up more options for me) and look into a roll/pull also (regret not doing it at the time I had the car painted).

Thanks!

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe
Agent_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #4235
kevinyvng

Trader Rating: (0)
kevinyvng is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know if our s13 can fit 14x9 -24et wheels? Or has anyone done it in the past? Thanks in advance for any info / pics!
kevinyvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #4236
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinyvng View Post
Anyone know if our s13 can fit 14x9 -24et wheels? Or has anyone done it in the past? Thanks in advance for any info / pics!
With enough camber, stretch, and pull, anything is possible. I'd be more concerned about the wheels clearing the brakes and control arms than anything.

This thread might have some helpful info
Old 03-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #4237
kevinyvng

kevinyvng is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
With enough camber, stretch, and pull, anything is possible. I'd be more concerned about the wheels clearing the brakes and control arms than anything.

This thread might have some helpful info
Hey there, thank you so much, that thread was very nice to flip through. And you're completely right haha, with enough camber, stretch, and pull, anything will fit! Guess I'll just have to test them when they finally get here.
kevinyvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #4238
DatCamber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DatCamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anyone have some pics of some 17/18 RPF1 setups? Can't seem to find shit. Would appreciate some on a hatch. Thinking of doing 17x9 +22 front and 18x9.5 +15 rear
DatCamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #4239
llnoahll

llnoahll is an unknown quantity at this point
s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatCamber View Post
Anyone have some pics of some 17/18 RPF1 setups? Can't seem to find shit. Would appreciate some on a hatch. Thinking of doing 17x9 +22 front and 18x9.5 +15 rear
These are pics of my old set up with 18x9.5+15 in the front and 18x10.5+15 in the rear stock body S14 with rolled fenders, coils, and arms.

https://imgur.com/a/pmacDzW
llnoahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:07 AM   #4240
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Question time.

Just got some 17x9 +15 wheels for my hatch.

My hatch is still 4 lug, so I have to go 5 to run this, which is all planned. Because I am getting b knuckles soon, and it is suggested to run negative offset for them, I am thinking of doing the GKtech 5 lug adapters, which are basically +20 mm spacers that also give you 5 lug without swapping hubs, which would give me 17x9 -5 effectively. My question is, if I square this up and run 17x9 -5 all around, what size overfenders does one think will be best? Always have kept my s-chassis stock body for the last ~17 years so the overfender thing is new to me. Any suggestions?

I am thinking +30 on both front and rear? I am wanting to run close to zero camber rear, and probably between -3 / -5 up front. If that helps at all. Anybody ever run anything similar?
Old 04-19-2021, 12:16 PM   #4241
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Question time.

Just got some 17x9 +15 wheels for my hatch.

My hatch is still 4 lug, so I have to go 5 to run this, which is all planned. Because I am getting b knuckles soon, and it is suggested to run negative offset for them, I am thinking of doing the GKtech 5 lug adapters, which are basically +20 mm spacers that also give you 5 lug without swapping hubs, which would give me 17x9 -5 effectively. My question is, if I square this up and run 17x9 -5 all around, what size overfenders does one think will be best? Always have kept my s-chassis stock body for the last ~17 years so the overfender thing is new to me. Any suggestions?

I am thinking +30 on both front and rear? I am wanting to run close to zero camber rear, and probably between -3 / -5 up front. If that helps at all. Anybody ever run anything similar?
Just go 5 lug and don?t run a rear spacer. (Once you factor in overs and paint, staying 4 lug would be more expensive) Some camber and a slight pull up front will clear x9 -5 just fine unless you?re running beefcake tires.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #4242
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Just go 5 lug and don?t run a rear spacer. (Once you factor in overs and paint, staying 4 lug would be more expensive) Some camber and a slight pull up front will clear x9 -5 just fine unless you?re running beefcake tires.
The wheels are only +15, but I know with B knuckles its preferable to go negative, so I figured the adapters give me 20mm spacer built in, so it would be -5 up front. I suppose I could still just do a regular 5 lug hub in the back, to keep the +15 in the rear and be better for stock fenders, but honestly wasn't sure if that would look super dumb with the difference between front and rear and the paint on this new hatch I bought is BEYOND rough (complete eyesore, will post a build thread soon so you understand the awful previous owners this has been with haha) and I am going to paint anyway, so I don't mind the overs. Does anybody successfully run b knuckles with a +15? I don't want to get too off track in this thread, but yeah - just trying not to have to do stuff twice.

Edit: Just re-read what you posted, and I see that's basically what you said to do, do normal 5 lug hub in the rear and the adapters up front. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-25-2021, 08:23 PM   #4243
RedSled
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Can anyone with knowledge of ssr sp1 give me some specs for purchasing a new set of wheels , have brembo 6 piston cvts in the front, can change to fiberglass fender, work meister s1 3p 18x9.5 +12 was a perfect fitment ,but the rear is still stock metal fenders with a 25 mm role and pull ,not interfering with rear fenders ,not gonna cut them ,want 18's ,let's see what you've got !
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:01 AM   #4244
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
Can anyone with knowledge of ssr sp1 give me some specs for purchasing a new set of wheels , have brembo 6 piston cvts in the front, can change to fiberglass fender, work meister s1 3p 18x9.5 +12 was a perfect fitment ,but the rear is still stock metal fenders with a 25 mm role and pull ,not interfering with rear fenders ,not gonna cut them ,want 18's ,let's see what you've got !
I had z32 calipers with the pbm bbk (330mm rotor iirc) and it wouldn?t clear the hardware on the backside of the face of my sp1’s regardless of the disk height (sl, nr, and r all interfered). I?m not sure how the ctsv brakes fit in relation to z32, but I?d bet your best option would bet to get a higher offset sl disk wheel and add spacer as necessary
Old 06-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #4245
t3hranger

t3hranger is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]https://imgur.com/a/g2GIvmc[/IMG]I need some help choosing tires.

my car came with a set of xxr 006 wheels on it.
Front 18x8.5 +35

Rear 18x9.5 +35

I know its not the best offset to have but, I can add a spacer up front. I got some bolt on 20 or 15mm spacers lying around. The car had some almost bald tires when i got it so im not sure if it clear with new tires tbh.

I was thinking about going with
front 245/35/18
rear 255/35/18

here is a pic when i got it,
specs as pictured
Front 18x8.5 +35 245/40 w/5mm spacers
Rear 18x9.5 +35 255/50
\https://imgur.com/zWFCvR4
t3hranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:02 AM   #4246
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hranger View Post
[IMG]https://imgur.com/a/g2GIvmc[/IMG]I need some help choosing tires.

my car came with a set of xxr 006 wheels on it.
Front 18x8.5 +35

Rear 18x9.5 +35

I know its not the best offset to have but, I can add a spacer up front. I got some bolt on 20 or 15mm spacers lying around. The car had some almost bald tires when i got it so im not sure if it clear with new tires tbh.

I was thinking about going with
front 245/35/18
rear 255/35/18

here is a pic when i got it,
specs as pictured
Front 18x8.5 +35 245/40 w/5mm spacers
Rear 18x9.5 +35 255/50
\https://imgur.com/zWFCvR4
How much camber is that roughly in the back? Does it clear the stock fender without a pull and just rolled flat? If so that's great because I plan to run 255 as well.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #4247
dronell19

dronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the rough
Anyone ever tried 18x9.5 +28 all around?
i've got R33 brembos up front, wondering if they'll clear
dronell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #4248
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
that all comes down to the disk design really. Some wheel manufacturers create offset through just the lip/barrel sizes, others change the offset of the wheels through the face of the wheel (like adding/subtracting material off the center of the face)
Old 07-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #4249
dronell19

dronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, I guess I'll have to try it on before pulling the trigger
dronell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:32 PM   #4250
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronell19 View Post
Anyone ever tried 18x9.5 +28 all around?
i've got R33 brembos up front, wondering if they'll clear
Highly likely that the inner lip will hit the suspension up front. Depends on your setup though. +22 or lower would be best.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #4251
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Highly likely that the inner lip will hit the suspension up front. Depends on your setup though. +22 or lower would be best.
it all depends on if his coilovers have notched top holes and how far the brackets are from the cylinder of the coilover itself. i ran 17x8.5 +30 upfront without issue removing all camber at hub via bracket notches. had roughly a finger tip worth of clearance between barrel and spring.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:46 PM   #4252
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
it all depends on if his coilovers have notched top holes and how far the brackets are from the cylinder of the coilover itself. i ran 17x8.5 +30 upfront without issue removing all camber at hub via bracket notches. had roughly a finger tip worth of clearance between barrel and spring.
9.5 +28 would be about 10mm less clearance on the inside so that finger tip might not be so comfortable in there
Old 08-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #4253
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
So you're running the evo 8 rotor up front with the CTSV caliper, correct? That's going to be a tight fit. I did a mock up in my living room and took some photos for reference for you.

My fronts are 18's with the medium disk, paired with plain-jane PSM 30mm Z32 calipers and rotors (11"). I've got plenty of clearance from the back of the face to the caliper, but as someone else mentioned, the issue will be running a larger rotor setup. You can see in the pic that there is a few inches to go, but hotboy wheels aren't meant for giant brakes. An SP1's disk is just about 16.5" for an 18" wheel, so trying to run a 12.5" evo rotor and those huge CTSV calipers, thing's are going to get pretty tight. I was doing some reading awhile back on Brembo's tech pages, and they recommended at least 3mm of clearance from anything around the caliper. I'm assuming that it's either for some thermal expansion, or just so smaller rocks don't become an issue. Some guys follow that sort of thing, some guys don't..up to you.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:18 PM   #4254
fnc0329
Leaky Injector

fnc0329 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 17x18 staggered set up

Hello, was looking to get a double staggered set up for my stock body s13 hatch. Found a nice set of wheels for a decent price but I'm not sure if they'd fit or require a pull. The specs are:
Front: 17x7 +40 with 215/40/17 tire
Rear: 18x9 +40 with 255/35/18 tire

Anyone know if they will fit? I should add that I have stock rear brakes and 300zx front brakes. Thanks
fnc0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:22 AM   #4255
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc0329 View Post
Hello, was looking to get a double staggered set up for my stock body s13 hatch. Found a nice set of wheels for a decent price but I'm not sure if they'd fit or require a pull. The specs are:
Front: 17x7 +40 with 215/40/17 tire
Rear: 18x9 +40 with 255/35/18 tire

Anyone know if they will fit? I should add that I have stock rear brakes and 300zx front brakes. Thanks
The rear tire may rub the inner wheel well. May need a roll, but definitely no pull needed. Offsets in the +20?s area would be better. Brake clearance depends on the wheel design. If you specify what the wheel is we may be able to help you.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:42 AM   #4256
fnc0329
Leaky Injector

fnc0329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The rear tire may rub the inner wheel well. May need a roll, but definitely no pull needed. Offsets in the +20?s area would be better. Brake clearance depends on the wheel design. If you specify what the wheel is we may be able to help you.

They?re advan model 5?s. I was just worried that they would look sunk in since they?re pretty height offset..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fnc0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #4257
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc0329 View Post
They?re advan model 5?s. I was just worried that they would look sunk in since they?re pretty height offset..
They will be sunk. That's why I said something in the +20's (or less). High offset model 5's don't really look all that good either... Should clear the brakes though.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:18 AM   #4258
Allmtoreg
Zilvia Member

Allmtoreg is an unknown quantity at this point
17x9 +22 all around
235/40 front and 245/40 rear
Fronts are brand new kendas
Rears are some older Yokos I?ve had for a while. I think it?s throwing off the ratio a bit.

Having some clearance issues on the front. Was wondering if anyone had some comparable pics of 215/40 and 215/45 on a 17x9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allmtoreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:35 PM   #4259
burnsauto
Post Whore!

close..17x9+15 front, no spacer, running a 215/45

also close, 17x9+15, no spacer, running a 215/40

So running a 215/45 will actually increase the circumference by roughly 17mm's, so if your hitting the upper part of the wheel well/inner fender rail, that may not help your situation.

Running a 215/40 will decrease the circumference by roughly 50mm, and give you even a bit more sidewall clearance for the fender if rolling/pulling is not your game.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #4260
Alex Mcknz

Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmtoreg View Post
17x9 +22 all around
235/40 front and 245/40 rear
Fronts are brand new kendas
Rears are some older Yokos I?ve had for a while. I think it?s throwing off the ratio a bit.

Having some clearance issues on the front. Was wondering if anyone had some comparable pics of 215/40 and 215/45 on a 17x9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice wheels, but what happened to your bumper?
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote