Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #31
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20det4mys13
veilside180sx did u get that off of ka-t.org? cuz it sounds fimiliar
He originally posted it on KA-T as well, and he just brought the whole damn thing over. One in the same.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #32
badscorpion

Trader Rating: (0)
badscorpion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where can I get the turbo kit for the ka24e???
badscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #33
DriftSpecial180
Zilvia Addict

DriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by badscorpion
Where can I get the turbo kit for the ka24e???

The KA24E isn't the most popular engines for 240sx owners, so the full kits are pretty rare. If you look through the websites of most the companies listed on the first page you will find all the parts necessary to build your turbo kit. If you're lazy and have a bunch of money to spend, IAP sells a full kit...
DriftSpecial180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
davirene
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
davirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Would you happen to know where I can get a wiring harness ECU diagram for the KA 2.4L SOHC....I just went turbo and have an APEXI SAFC NEO...I hooked up the battery, RPM, and 2 other basics but need to hook up the wires for the FUEL MANAGEMENT part of the NEO???

I know I know sounds lame huh??? I am on a budget and cant afford to hire a shop to finish hooking up the wires??

Thanks David
davirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #35
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
You're in socal. Tons of guys willing to help you out to help themselves get more knowledgable. Chat around, get to know the local tuners, and say hey.

Steve Shadows does budget tuning for the budget racer, you could hit him up.

Wiring diagrams are found online easily too.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Hey. Searching is great. I just found a good write up on the KA-E head work. home.att.net/~MabuhayCarlos/TurboHead.html looks pretty solid. If anything its a quick link if you guys already know about it.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #37
89singlecamnoob
Zilvia Member

89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 89singlecamnoob Send a message via Yahoo to 89singlecamnoob
i'm in love with this thread...it will certainly come in handy
89singlecamnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #38
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
great stuff guys i really liked it , when i finish mine i will post pics for shure
Old 03-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #39
DarkPhoenix
Zilvia Member

DarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to DarkPhoenix Send a message via AIM to DarkPhoenix
Nice!! Seeing all of this is making me wanna boost my SOHC.

Lotsa people with sandy holes on the interwebs!!

DarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #40
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
I know this may not be the "proper" place to post this but I've got a Gladman mani that's never been used. PM me if you're looking for a kae or have any questions. I'll post pics when I take them and post it in the for sale section.
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #41
nismohoe24

nismohoe24 is an unknown quantity at this point
any one ever tried????

anyone ever used n62 maf 370 injectors on a ka24et with no more than 12psi on factory ecu with no tuning ?????
nismohoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #42
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
How much would a kae-t build cost you? Also, where do you guys find the piping for the intercooler?
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #43
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Nismohoe, 12psi is a tad much. Safely, 10psi.

azian, pricin differs. Sourced it all for under a grand, with minor hookup parts.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #44
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
this made me want to go turbo so bad uh i was i had money

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #45
ninja_star
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
ninja_star is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i wanna swap my harness to a 93 s13 for my ka but the dashborad consle plug wouldnt plug anybody know why help?
ninja_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #46
ninja_star
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
ninja_star is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ka harness

my 93 gold top engine harness doesnt fit in my dashborad consle can anybody help me with some fact? and my car is a 89
ninja_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #47
pwjm

pwjm is an unknown quantity at this point
Found a video for Ka24E rebuild online, not a lot of seed but its moving at least! How to Rebuild SOHC KA24E Nissan 240SX engines (download torrent) - TPB

To the best of my knowledge it is not pirated or anything like that. There was no copyright information in the video itself... it just looks to be a home made movie some mechanic guy made.

(sorry if these kind of links are disallowed, I will remove it if requested)
pwjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #48
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwjm View Post
Found a video for Ka24E rebuild online, not a lot of seed but its moving at least! How to Rebuild SOHC KA24E Nissan 240SX engines (download torrent) - TPB

To the best of my knowledge it is not pirated or anything like that.

(sorry if these kind of links are disallowed, I will remove it if requested)
I don't think it's pirated as well. They just hosted it at thepiratebay.org that's all.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #49
speedracer5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
speedracer5 is on the path to ruinspeedracer5 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
cxracing.com: Turbo Kit

i found a turbo by them does anyone recommend them or have it on there car if so post up vid and pics. and if i were to get it would i need internal work
speedracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I know this is an old thread, but i have been looking for an "off the shelf" KA24E T25 manifold that is internally gated. i cant seem to come across one. i've seen some "custom" ones on KA-T.org and other sites. anyone know of any company that makes one?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #51
ranger2339
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ranger2339
Delete please, posted in wrong section.
ranger2339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #52
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
I know this is an old thread, but i have been looking for an "off the shelf" KA24E T25 manifold that is internally gated. i cant seem to come across one. i've seen some "custom" ones on KA-T.org and other sites. anyone know of any company that makes one?

cx racing got a complete kit

cxracing.com: Newly Released Complete Turbo Kit for 89 90 Nissan S13 240SX with Stock KA24E SOHC Engine
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #53
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
No one makes a sohc t2 manifold. You can either make your own or just step up to a t3.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #54
pdexta

pdexta is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm curious what spark plugs you guys are running. Looks like the factory plug is a NGK ZFR5D-11. I'd normally just go 1 step colder for a FI car but I haven't been able to find any ZFR6D-11's, even searching online.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #55
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone make a really good head gasket for the ka24e? cosmetic and everyone else makes them for the DE but havent found any E head gaskets
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #56
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
^ the Felpro is fine for like 400whp. I've seen people run them on 450-500whp too with no problems. But definitely get some arp 10mm headstuds cuz the stock studs aren't very good. That's what will help your gasket last to higher hp.
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #57
2IL40via

2IL40via is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I did want to do an sr Turbo swap....until I read this... I am now gonna pull my single slammer and get to building it up. 325-350 HP is my target. (Tired of these annoying mustang gt's thinking they own the road)
2IL40via is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #58
NISMOldova

NISMOldova is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys!
I am from moldova(in is somewere near Russia

I have S13 with KA24E

Now i am bilding KA24e-T

Stock turbo from S14 SR20DET (gt28R)
"Invent" ECU
Big intrecooler
HKS SSqv
Apexi power intake
NJK coils
Stock ignition coils from BMW
custom manifold
70 mm exhoust system with stock S14 muffler on the end( very smoll)
ALL INTERNALS ARE STOCK

My results: 10psi cranck angle on hi revs 17

8 psi cranck angle on hi revs 19

Due to smoll mufler i cant rise psi to 14.

I have a question:
How many Nm can handle stock connecting-rodы ????

sorry for my spelling.
NISMOldova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #59
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Some results from my s13 ka24e with a number of different set ups: KA-t S13 full race, Brewed tuned AEM EMS

Bone stock ka24e (boosted at 95K ran the stock motor for another 5 years and 15K miles with no problems)

Then i did some testing on one of the new EFR turbos while at Full Race. (boost ramps up to keep the torque flat, stock head and valve train cause power to fall badly after ~5200.)

For no good reason pulled out the old engine and swapped in another ka24e (semi built with pistons and port/polish, still stock cam and lifter for now) also added ID 1000cc for future fuel options.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #60
RedTopKA-T
Leaky Injector

RedTopKA-T is an unknown quantity at this point
heres my KA24E-T dyno results
OEM rebuild w/48k miles
Gsp .50 trim .63 exh.
38mm WG
550cc injectors
Z32 Maf