Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
240goslide
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240goslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
280Z coilovers

whats going on guys. my buddy has a 280Z and im trying to do some research on coilovers for the car. not sure if 240 coilovers would fit. i really dont think so. if not do you guys have any ideas on the subject
THANKS!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They don't fit. You'll have to get some specific to your model.

Like these: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...sion/Coilovers

OR http://www.thezstore.com/

Last edited by WIKID S4TEEN; 01-11-2010 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: add info
WIKID S4TEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
240goslide
Leaky Injector

thanks man. ill check it out
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
240goslide
Leaky Injector

well looks like he's getting K-Sports. they dont say anything about spring rates. ill do more research on them
Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
BoOsT-HuNgRy
Leaky Injector

BoOsT-HuNgRy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to BoOsT-HuNgRy
i just picked up a 74 260z as a fun dd for the summer and i want coilovers. i went to those web sites listed above, and found that on horse power freaks they dont have coils for the 260, only 280, but on the z store site they have just springs and struts, but the yrs are the same as the 260 and 280 for the same product. i was wondering if anyone can verify that they are bolted up the same and sit the same so i can order the coils from HPF for a 280 but put them in my 260. thanks

i attached a link incase you want to see what i talking about same yrs to same product :
The Z Store! Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts: Suspension Kits

Thanks again for your time(i didnt feel the need to make a new thread considering all the info and links provided and it is pretty much the same)
BoOsT-HuNgRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Those are for the 280zx which have a completely different suspension design than the 240/260/280z.

all S30s require coilovers to be welded on.

i personally just used integra coilovers (welded the bottom bracket to the strut tube), but there are other options such as the ArizonaZcar coilovers coil over suspension as well as serialnine's conversion tubes which allow you to use stance coilovers. SerialNine :: King of Streetstyle
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
people startin to throw s13 coilovers on em here
HybridZ
Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 AM   #8
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i had S13 coilovers on mine for about a week.

they work great but wont go anywhere near low.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #9
BoOsT-HuNgRy
Leaky Injector

BoOsT-HuNgRy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to BoOsT-HuNgRy
thanks i found this to be most help full. im going to order some coils and make bottoms myself.
BoOsT-HuNgRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
SBC260

SBC260 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been wanting coilovers on my 280Z. I can't find anything except struts and springs as well. I've checked Ebay, zcarparts.com, you name it... But... I did come upon the Shakotan 240Z with S13 coilovers on it... and it looks damn good. That might be my route. Check it out:
SBC260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Ground Control Suspension Systems - Your source for the best in suspension parts and accessories.
www.modernmotorpsorts.com
Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
Mistah Mofro
Zilvia Member

Mistah Mofro is an unknown quantity at this point
Theres also the choice what other older imports have been using such as cressida,z31,ae86, and s12's been using for a while now. Welding a threaded strut tube to the Stock spindle, by doing this you need to cut the stock strut housing down and then weld the new tube in its place. I have this setup on my Z31 and plan on doing the same to my 240z. Look up serial nine strut tube adapters or stance adapters. Find a coilover that has the same thread pitch as the one provided by stance/serial which is 55x2.0mm or get a custom thread pitch for what coilover you choose.
Mistah Mofro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
iHeartTheTouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
iHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Z Car Customs JDM is making adapters (weld in, steel threaded tube and camber plates) to use S13 Megan coilovers. These should be available to order very soon. Adapters for Stance coils are also being made.

Performance S13 Coilover Adaptor tubes - ZCCJDM - HybridZ

Z Car Customs- JDM
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC260 View Post
I've been wanting coilovers on my 280Z. I can't find anything except struts and springs as well. I've checked Ebay, zcarparts.com, you name it... But... I did come upon the Shakotan 240Z with S13 coilovers on it... and it looks damn good. That might be my route. Check it out:
how that god awful ugly car got the coverage it did is beyond me. sure its lowered and has teggy coilovers and some custom work fine. but paint the fucking thing before the photoshoot, half assed primer grey with chipped and faded hood. who are you trying to impress ? first time car theives ?

it is low though
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
DeleriousZ
Zilvia Junkie

DeleriousZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
that car has been my wallpaper since the photos were released. perfect!
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Lol. I cant tell if big zee is being facetious. Damn internet.

Hybridz is place to go. Many members are VERY serious about their cars. Plenty of info on there about suspension setups and anything you can imagine to go with it if it pertains to performance.
Dont expect to find any hellaflush fans on there though.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
usafdarkhorse

usafdarkhorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
how that god awful ugly car got the coverage it did is beyond me. sure its lowered and has teggy coilovers and some custom work fine. but paint the fucking thing before the photoshoot, half assed primer grey with chipped and faded hood. who are you trying to impress ? first time car theives ?

it is low though
Yeah I can't tell if you're being facetious either, but that car belongs to a member who's already posted in this thread.

Not my preference, but to each his own.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #18
S14Dorikin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
S14Dorikin has a spectacular aura aboutS14Dorikin has a spectacular aura aboutS14Dorikin has a spectacular aura aboutS14Dorikin has a spectacular aura aboutS14Dorikin has a spectacular aura aboutS14Dorikin has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I believe that's actually ayuaddict's car, who posted in this thread.
And from what I remember, he scrapped the S13 coilovers and in that photo he's actually rolling on DC2 Integra coilovers.
But yea, no matter what, you gotta weld for coilovers on a 240/260/280Z.
S14Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #19
ModernS30

ModernS30 is an unknown quantity at this point
I get that we want the hella flush look and all, but low isn't everything. Zccjdm is now offering Megan S13 coil over adapters for 240z-280z. He is also doing a very short run of stance adatpers. These adapters use the Megan/Stance camber plates in the front and the regular Megan/Stance mounts for the S13 rear. It includes 4 tubes, 6 inch from and 8 inch rear? As well as both the weld in camber plates and weld it rear mount plates. The price is $240.00 Shipped in the US plus the cost of a set of megan coil overs. I personally have ordered a set for the Megan coil overs and I will document the install when I do it.
ModernS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
adamvann3
Leaky Injector

adamvann3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stance now offers a weld on tube as well.

Chassis - DIY Weld-on Damper Adaptor

Will work on anything with a 2" OD strut tube. Slight interference fit with a stepped inner lip to weld to the original cut strut tube for extra strength.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #21
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
www.arizonazcar.com try that
Old 11-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #22
AkumaZeto

AkumaZeto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post

it is low though
dude if you can't appreciate what that guy is trying to do then i feel sorry for you
that car put all japanese cars on the map in this part of the world , so rusty, old or not its like a grandpa . only thing you can do is give your respects.
AkumaZeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaZeto View Post
dude if you can't appreciate what that guy is trying to do then i feel sorry for you
that car put all japanese cars on the map in this part of the world , so rusty, old or not its like a grandpa . only thing you can do is give your respects.
Awesome first post and way to bump an eleven month old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
AkumaZeto

AkumaZeto is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry
i just had to
die hard Z guy
what can i say
I'm here to learn though
AkumaZeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #25
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

ROGUE_RB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

cars not lowered on s13 coils..he started with that but they don't go low enough. Car is running d2 coils off a civic
ROGUE_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #26
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Btw...that car did not put japanese cars on the map on this side of the world lol damn noobs
Old 11-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #27
Copper280z

Copper280z is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread seems kinda dead, but I'll throw my input in.

I've got rabbit bilsteins with GC sleeves and 200/225 springs, the struts were sectioned 1-2" each(I forget exactly). The fronts needed a ~5/8" spacer under the insert and the rears like 2". Height is set so the front LCA's are just sloping outward, so there is still a little camber gain.

The car rides and handles great, even handles launches at the drag strip pretty well. I couldn't give a fuck about going low or hellaflush though.
Copper280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #28
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Those are for the 280zx which have a completely different suspension design than the 240/260/280z.

all S30s require coilovers to be welded on.

i personally just used integra coilovers (welded the bottom bracket to the strut tube), but there are other options such as the ArizonaZcar coilovers coil over suspension as well as serialnine's conversion tubes which allow you to use stance coilovers. SerialNine :: King of Streetstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGUE_RB View Post
cars not lowered on s13 coils..he started with that but they don't go low enough. Car is running d2 coils off a civic
It's not lowered on Civic coilovers either, if you're going to correct someone make sure you know that you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #29
mulinmoua
Leaky Injector

mulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enough
Civic n integra uses the same coilovers. Not that it matters.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #30
Aaj2k5
Leaky Injector

Aaj2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Or do it without welding strut sections and bolt S13/S14 arms onto the S30 subframe, S13/S14 Spindles, S13 coilovers, custom camber plates, use S30 traction arms or do like I am and use S14 traction arms, TC buckets and sway bar.

Pics will come when it's all assembled. Theres another guy locally that has similar but not as in depth.

Edit: Local guy's build thread is on here - ROGUE RB is his s/n.
Aaj2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote