Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #541
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
random vert related question; was there any specific reason Nissan chose to stick with autos only for verts?

OT:
sorry if its been posted already but I love model 5s.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #542
dtoyss14

Trader Rating: (0)
dtoyss14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
random vert related question; was there any specific reason Nissan chose to stick with autos only for verts?

OT:
Only autos were left over maybe ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
dtoyss14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:49 PM   #543
1320VR4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
1320VR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Well I guess I should update. My last post is on page 16 from 2013, guess this thread doesn't get bumped often. lol.

I "finished" the car. Car has orgin fenders now and rocket bunny bits. Painted it myself with shopline paint and running cosmis mr2s. Hood was "traced" in illustrator and then cut in vinyl. Car is rocking an SR20 with a disco potato and supporting bits and makes a little over 300HP now. Pretty much everything has been replaced with quality main line parts

94 240SX, 93 Stealth, 92 VR4, 93 RX7 , 88 Yota
1320VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:33 AM   #544
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

NoFlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

OT:
Because the vert was marketed specifically towards women.
NoFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 AM   #545
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody remember the blue vert from omg drifts photo shoot?
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 AM   #546
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Finished the new drift car over the weekend. Can’t wait to hit its first event next Saturday in Tucson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 AM   #547
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it pretty easy to use the top latches with the full cage?

I'm about ready to complete mine, just been lucky with cageless tandem events around me.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #548
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
Is it pretty easy to use the top latches with the full cage?

I'm about ready to complete mine, just been lucky with cageless tandem events around me.

Not the original ones. My latches are modified with a slim handle to clear the cage bars. The top bar is nearly level with the windshield. Part of the latch frame is trimmed as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #549
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
So crazy to see this car in your hands, glad its on the road again!
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #550
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
So crazy to see this car in your hands, glad its on the road again!
Is it? You must know some of the history of this chassis then if there's anything interesting you know about it i'd love to hear haha.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #551
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
I wrote you a while back, I believe you bought it from my friend Jordan weaver, he even sold it under my username I think. When I first was in the car it had a blown F24C and my buddy Jordan traded his S2K to the formula drift guy who owned it. Can’t remember his name now but that’s sick it’s moving again.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #552
Beanzo

Beanzo is an unknown quantity at this point
surprised I didn't see this one in here..
silviavert.jpg
Beanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #553
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
I wrote you a while back, I believe you bought it from my friend Jordan weaver, he even sold it under my username I think. When I first was in the car it had a blown F24C and my buddy Jordan traded his S2K to the formula drift guy who owned it. Can’t remember his name now but that’s sick it’s moving again.

Actually I got it from CrimsonRocket on this forum. Do you know if your friend Jordan Weaver had the title? I’ve been trying to track it down for a while now, I believe I messaged his account that was active and never got a reply.

Got some neat pics from my first event in the car last Saturday!

And a not so great one from my iPhone.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #554
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Slowly making progress on my vert. Newer pics coming soon. I’ll host them somewhere better.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #555
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
Jeezus those are some large images.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #556
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Man that Intake looks great good job.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:33 PM   #557
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Thought I’d share a story on my vert, just purchased this red vert off a very old man who owned it for 13 years. I first seen it my freshmen year in high school and when I was a senior I asked him if it was for sale. He said no because he’s living in it. Fast forward to now, he ended up selling because he bought another car that he’s now living in, but he told me he’s getting help from his family. Anyways he sold it for $400 running and clean title.
So 9 years later from when I first saw it I now own it lol this is one of the first 240’s I remember seeing in my town.
I already 5 speed swapped it, might go full interior, I have coils, wheels, 5 lug, and welded diff that I wanna throw in. My plan is to track it and learn off this car while I enjoy my 1jz hatch.
https://i.imgur.com/sKiXSy0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3YwSFKW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sKiXSy0.jpg
It’s rough but I have everything to make it look decent. Just needs a kit and paint.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 AM   #558
Dthomas88
Leaky Injector

Dthomas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Time to update this thread. She is a work in progress, fully functional daily. From A/C to the power mirrors to working top and quarter windows. Even the tach and seepdo read right.

Dthomas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #559
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

OT:
probably because of the combination of it being advertised for single women in america and that it was a way to increase sales for the platform before introducing the s14 in 1995 in america. There was no "1994" 240sx here. Vets can be found in other nations such as AU and JP but they're not that common. Not sure if they came manual or not, I am assuming they did because they were actual sports cars in those countries. I think my favorite thing about verts is also the worst lol but I guess when they were shipped over here from japan, they started life as a coupe and then were modified in California to have the roofs cut off to be verts. Wild
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #560
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Slowly making progress on my vert. Newer pics coming soon. I’ll host them somewhere better.
Hey man, I highly recommend you change the throttle pulley to an S14 style and then make the appropriate bracket for the cable. The s13 pulley setup when used on the greddy manifold is known to snap the throttle plate shaft, and suck a plate screw through the engine. I know you'd rather that not happen. It's due to the angle the cable pulls on the throttle pulley, the shaft snaps right at the plate screw provision.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #561
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
That blew me away too.. Can't believe a drop top sports car would only be auto! Bureaucrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Finished the new drift car over the weekend. Can’t wait to hit its first event next Saturday in Tucson.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dig that truck!

Quote:
Actually I got it from CrimsonRocket on this forum. Do you know if your friend Jordan Weaver had the title? I’ve been trying to track it down for a while now, I believe I messaged his account that was active and never got a reply.

Got some neat pics from my first event in the car last Saturday!
Nice angle!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #562
ThatMint240

ThatMint240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres an old vert of mine. IDK if i would call it "Dope" or whatever but it was fun to build from a junkyard shell and spare parts laying around.

And my AWFUL attempt at custom door cards
Awful

ThatMint240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #563
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

Holy shiat thats rad!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #564
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMint240 View Post
Heres an old vert of mine.

Omg. I wish I had never seen that.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #565
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Holy shiat thats rad!
Thanks man. Car is waiting for me to install a full gktech angle kit. Also tossing around the idea of selling it or parting it out. Idk.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #566
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Thanks man. Car is waiting for me to install a full gktech angle kit. Also tossing around the idea of selling it or parting it out. Idk.
Im in the same dillema. Buy more parts or part out. If you part out what would be next?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #567
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Omg. I wish I had never seen that.
lol no shit lol
As if verts weren't bad enough already
Old 07-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #568
actiew
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
actiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@Dthomas Wow thought I was one of two that had the NX1600 cluster in their vert. Good $hit will post my vert with the old Sr BLK in it but as of now its in the garage getting a new heart. Let the swearing begin hahahaha
actiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #569
thomaspanton

thomaspanton is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't able post any pics of my car "the file failed to load." There has any problem.
thomaspanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:29 AM   #570
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspanton View Post
I don't able post any pics of my car "the file failed to load." There has any problem.
The problem is you haven't been here 30 days. Reading the rules when you signed up would have told you what features are disabled until your probationary period is complete. I guess you missed that part.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote