Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
G35_S13_Coupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G35_S13_Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
RS-Enthalpy Tune Opinions

I am doing a ka-t setup. Not a big build by any means. Just a spec-r turbo. Wondering if anybody using the rs-enthalpy ecu tune has any feedback on if they like it. dislike it.. and just opinions in general.
G35_S13_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Johnny_K
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Johnny_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im interested in this info also
Johnny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
KaminaSan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I like it. Be specific with your setup when you tell him what to tune for.

It will run rich, but rich is better than lean.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
I have had 2 tunes and just got my 3rd tune, but havent started the car up on this one yet, but the first one was awesome, and the 2nd was good, just never got to see its full potential as my o rings were leaking, but getting ready to fire it up again with the new one,i only expect good things
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Enthalpy tunes are radesauce.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Martin is the man! He is doing the tune for my KA24DER setup.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
G35_S13_Coupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G35_S13_Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Enthalpy tunes are radesauce.
Thanks Biebs! haha i think this is the way to go for my setup. Do you guys fine tune with an safc2 at all?? or just go with the tune he sets up?
G35_S13_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Enthalpy Rocks

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35_S13_Coupe View Post
Thanks Biebs! haha i think this is the way to go for my setup. Do you guys fine tune with an safc2 at all?? or just go with the tune he sets up?
It doesnt hurt, thats what I did with my first S14. Enthalphy romtuned, AFR was dipping down to 10s, leaned it out a tad bit to 11-11.5 at WOT with a SAFC.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I have been meaning to toss a SAFC on mine to fine tune it, but it works awesome as is.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
It doesnt hurt, thats what I did with my first S14. Enthalphy romtuned, AFR was dipping down to 10s, leaned it out a tad bit to 11-11.5 at WOT with a SAFC.
I did this to. You can definitely run his tune without a safc I already had one so I used it. Martin will help you with any and all questions that you have. The support is excellent.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mancuyas8 View Post
I did this to. You can definitely run his tune without a safc I already had one so I used it. Martin will help you with any and all questions that you have. The support is excellent.
This is totally true, great customer service!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Been running around on my enthalpy tune for a bit now. It is a little rich but pulls hard and consistent.
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
kojiki88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kojiki88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+1 On R.S Enthalpy. Martin is a really cool guy, He will give you a really good tune and will respond and try to help you out as much as he can if you have any issues or concerns.
kojiki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Corey121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Corey121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like his tune i havnt had a problem with it, But now that im rebuild my motor for boost with forged internals im going to use nistune this time around.

Corey121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
s13 drifta
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (105)
s13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Yeah, I like my tune from rs enthalpy that I run with my sr20det. Martin is very cool, he answers all questions and provides great customer service.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Awesome tune!! AFR are always consistent and PERFECT! Martin also has the best customer Service by far.
matts13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Also want to add how much Martin stands behind his products. He'll answer gmail chat and emails at 12am he's stayed up a few times helping me out.
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am so happy i came across this thread. Yes, i know its a tad bit old, but its good to see that Enthalpy is putting in work with the 240 community. I remember a time when the tunes were allegedly "bad" or people were complaining but after seeing this thread i shall shoot him an email. Going KA-T in the next 4-5 months and looking for a good, albeit slightly rich ROM tune. Plus it helps that his tunes are cheaper than JWT.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mancuyas8 View Post
Yah but I did it to lean out my cruise a bit. 14-16 mpg started fucking sucking donkey balls in CA when gas was over $4 a gallon.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
I Hate Ricers

Trader Rating: (0)
I Hate Ricers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some feedback I got from my buddy was the ignition timing was too aggressive and he kept popping SR's. Hopefully the tune has been updated to be a bit safer? To be honest though, it's hard to do a tune over mail since every setup will be different....some heads have been shaved, some have different cams, etc.
I Hate Ricers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
coupe92
Leaky Injector

coupe92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been running an enthalpy tune for my t28 370s n62 maf setup for a good 4 months or so and coming on 2k miles. It was plug and play, works great.
coupe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #23
wrxstiswap
Leaky Injector

wrxstiswap is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought one of these used and sent it for a reflash. I got it back and the car wouldn't start to save its life. I emailed him and he told me to send it back, he tried/fixed it with 2 similar setups from 2 shops cars. He also took a video of one showing me it working and sent it back. Works like a charm now. Good guy good service I'd recommend them
wrxstiswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an Enthalpy tune one my KA-T and it was perfect, T25 on 8LBS

Now I have an S15 T28 on 15LBS and i'm in the process of working out a slightly lean issue but i don't not believe it is his tuning, I'm getting 12-13 AFR's on only 8LBS... I just replaced my fuel pump wiring which is what he suggested and now i'm going to check fuel pressure under boost and see whats going on. Martin @ R.S. Enthalpy is amazingly intelligent and has always helped me with any and all issues no matter how small. As soon as I figure out the problem I will post here and let you guys know. He also will buy stock ECU's from you or discount your tuned ECU if you send them in.

+1 For R.S. Enthalpy
drifter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have one of his tunes for my KA-T.

I was actually amazed of how well the car drove with just swapping ECUs; cruises like stock! However is it after all a mail-order-generic tune, and it does run rich.

I would use enthalpy again if I just built an engine and had to drive it around to test it and save for a custom tune.

I'm getting mine custom-dyno tune soon.

Enthalpy is GOOD STUFF!
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #26
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Martin is a really cool guy. Shipped my ecu to him. Emailed me back saying he was shipping it the next day. I have no issues with it.
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just talked to Martin again, He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, he gave me some tips and if it doesnt fix my slightly lean issue then he is going to send me a new tune free. Great tune, great guy.
drifter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_BOSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Yah but I did it to lean out my cruise a bit. 14-16 mpg started fucking sucking donkey balls in CA when gas was over $4 a gallon.
And how did you go about doing that while cursing in closed-loop? I was under the impression that the o2 would always just cancel out any settings you added in the SAFC when in closed loop making the SAFC pretty much useless for closed loop and perfect for WOT tuning.

Thanks
S14_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #29
2jdm4you
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
2jdm4you is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The worst service I have ever had to be honest. Never responds back to emails, bought a used ecu and it didn't work. Send my only good ecu in and after he gets it tells me I have to pay him and it is not under waranty which he said it was in my email. So now I'm out 30 dollars on shipping and have 2 ecu's in his possession and my car is stuck sitting. All in all if you buy from rs enthalpy you will get shitty service, jipped out of cash, and if the ecu even works a good tune. I will never do business with Martin again.
2jdm4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Whoa that's some pretty harsh things to be saying about Martin from Enthalpy.

He's always been a great guy and his service is superb/top notch.

I have been running Enthalpy on and off for 5+ years and I vouch for his service.

My .02
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote