Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #121
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Noones telln u a price or market value, cause that number sways up n down all the time.

You sell them for what you want. Many will bitch, few will buy.... BUT- there will be buyers. over the years ive come to realize, doing it right is expensive, its only $$.

Really appreciate the effort brought forth to bringn these parts to the market. Ull see in 5yrs, bumps of this thread askn if the fenders are still available or instock lol.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #122
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
The opportunity cost aspect is very important to me, all I ask is people respect what I'm trying to do.

Judging by the other thread about brand new genuine S13 dash, it seems like I'll get a couple of guys willing to buy and that's about it.
Not to rehash this... but the dash is a completely different animal to these fenders for a number of reasons, many of which were brought up in that thread.

The closer you can get to the price to $1500 the better obviously but regardless, you will have a significantly easier time selling these fenders.

I can't remember the last time I saw I a truly clean used set for sale. They are in demand and without a viable alternative.

Market value for quality used examples is somewhat established and doesn't fall dramatically below your estimated asking price, making it much more palatable for someone in the market.

The kind of people adamant about metal over fiberglass are also generally the kind of people willing to spend more for a quality product, giving you a legitimate customer base to tap into.

And I do respect that what you are doing here, I've considered doing something similar on several occasions but have always balked due to shipping cost or volume required to make even a minimal profit. Best of luck to you
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #123
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im stoked for the 180sx fenders... cause i WILL be buying a set or two!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:41 AM   #124
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
... Lots of businessman stuff
Hey, don't feel pressured at all by the broke asses online. It's the same dudes who want Blacktop Sr20 motorsets delivered to their moms house for "$1400, all day!"

I don't have any S13's/ don't plan on buying fenders, but I appreciate what you did. I used to work in the auto industry and I worked on some reproduction parts for the MKIV Supra as a side project to my main duties. I made a thread here gauging interest for the S chassis, I had some suppliers I wanted to work with but I made a career change (For way better). I have thought about starting it up again when my non compete ends but I am also not motivated to do so.

Some unsolicited advice: Next time, I wouldn't provide as much info as you did. It's almost to the point some MFers think they are entitled to your receipts.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #125
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Some unsolicited advice: Next time, I wouldn't provide as much info as you did. It's almost to the point some MFers think they are entitled to your receipts.
Nah, more info is better. I’ve been doing this on/off in a personal and professional capacity since 1998 or so, and I’ve never had issues with being open about the process.

Like my other thread about the S13 dash shows, some projects involve more noise than info. I am putting this out there so there are no accusations of “replica” or other BS since these would be considered unicorn products... Maybe I’ll do the S13 dash as a charity project for friends that are truly interested.

I’m sure someone will try to justify a lower price by telling me how much they can get something else for, and that’s fine. The more info I put out, the more confidence you can get out of buying.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #126
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post

The kind of people adamant about metal over fiberglass are also generally the kind of people willing to spend more for a quality product, giving you a legitimate customer base to tap into.
See, you’re basically proving the point I was trying to make in the other thread.

No one is trying to flex. If you want a brand new, not repaired product, then a new dash is for you. Same with fenders.

Metal fenders resell for high because as long as it’s in one piece, it can still be welded and repaired and retain value.

I’m not trying to sell a ton of dash for profit, I’m trying to get feedback about what type of interest is out there. The price point already makes it impractical to sell to the average buyer interested in cheap products.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #127
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
See, you’re basically proving the point I was trying to make in the other thread.

No one is trying to flex. If you want a brand new, not repaired product, then a new dash is for you. Same with fenders.

Metal fenders resell for high because as long as it’s in one piece, it can still be welded and repaired and retain value.

I’m not trying to sell a ton of dash for profit, I’m trying to get feedback about what type of interest is out there. The price point already makes it impractical to sell to the average buyer interested in cheap products.
Yes, I agree, but there simply aren't enough who want to buy brand new 'just because' to support an endevor like this, you need to find someway to cast a wider net. I feel with the fenders, you do.

With the fenders, people can choose between:
-Cheap Replicas
-Expensive Used OEM (hard to find)
-Expensive New OEM

Easy choice once you say no to replicas... go with new for a bit more, get a better product without the hassle of trying to find a suitable used pair.

As opposed the dash, where people can choose between:
-Cheap Used OEM (still somewhat common)
-Expensive Recover (better quality/materials than OEM)
-Very Expensive New OEM

It is much harder to picture a pool of buyers in this case... you are limited to people who not only want to buy new 'just because', but are also willing to spend many times the cost of a suitable used item to do so.

That was the point I was trying to make in the other thread, albeit in an admittedly crude way.

Last edited by super.trick; 02-17-2020 at 06:03 PM..
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #128
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
That was the point I was trying to make in the other thread, albeit in an admittedly crude way.
I know, but I also have seen enough over 20+ years to know when products are niche and when products are just "here you go, buy it or leave it".

I had zero plans of bringing in any S13 dash until someone was willing to commit to one... mostly because I've taken out enough S13 dash in my life to know that it better be damn worth my time to pull apart that part of the car to replace it.

People that buy a new dash are particular... they're like a S13 SE coupe owner with HUD that wants a brand new windshield with the HUD reflector embedded in the glass. That type of person is also usually me, so if I ever decide to buy my neighbor's one owner S13 SE, I will buy a dash for myself and go from there.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #129
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Info thread + pics:

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=672838
Old 04-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #130
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dorki and MAv, I sent you PM's. Any response is appreciated, even a 'Piss off'; at least know you opened it.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #131
Yad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is Pretty interesting in looking foward to the 180sx ones. I wish companies like restore parts get interested in s13s and make panels. They do metal panrls cor ae86 and 240z
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #132
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I got info that the 180SX fenders I have on order will be inbound next month, I am expecting to receive them end of July to mid August timeframe.
  • $800-850 each pair, price may be cheaper once I get final price w/ my inbound freight confirmed
  • Truck freight is around $150-250 depending on location in US (box size is 65x40x12")
  • 10 pairs total
  • Not selling them individually at this time.

I will be ready to take preorders for these at the end of the month.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]