Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #13141
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
This is where I?be been at the whole time. I feel like the 86 is 60% of the car I want. Nothing is perfect, but it?s not quite enough to really want one. A little more power via a turbo and boom goes the dynamite. My o lot concern is at this point in my life I?m honestly not sure if I?ve matured beyond that kind of car. I hate that I feel that way but I honestly do. I feel like a 964 or a 993, F Type or new Supra or a new new Z would suit me better.

Fuck I?m old.
gt4 is the answer
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #13142
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
These guys don't want to build or even own a fun car. They want to complain about a utopia that never was, the car that got away. They should rightly be excited about a chassis as capable as that with a powerplant like that in it. In fact they'll wax lyrical about how that's how it always should have been. That shit's fucking cool.
Yeah I?m still genuinely bummed about the IDX. Especially since I follow the designer in IG and he posts shit about it from time to time. Such a mission opportunity. But still, if the Z can be legit (about the same size, weight, competitive power increase and come in a stick) I?m genuinely interested. At this point I?ve went so long without a sports car I?m willing to wait until the Supra offers a stick or the next Z comes out because I unfortunately honestly feel the 866 is too juvenile for me. Now, like I?ve said, if the next gen is just so fucking good maybe I?ll change my mind.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #13143
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hope Nissan execs are regularly reminded in person how much they monumentally fucked up pushing the IDx so hard only to pull out at the last minute and pretend the whole thing was a goddam design experiment. You don't tell people it's built on an s chassis and all the specs you "intend" to include in a finished product if the thing only exists for grill and c pillar design ques.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #13144
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Right? I was ready to buy
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #13145
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
I hope Nissan execs are regularly reminded in person how much they monumentally fucked up pushing the IDx so hard only to pull out at the last minute and pretend the whole thing was a goddam design experiment. You don't tell people it's built on an s chassis and all the specs you "intend" to include in a finished product if the thing only exists for grill and c pillar design ques.
there was an article that popped up a while back that talked about this entire shit show... and basically it boiled down to Nissan couldnt find a place to build the car. they were initially going to use the same plant that builds the 370z and GTR, but they didnt want to make space in it to build the iDX because "it wouldve cut into the ability to get 370z's on the market".

like anyone was actually fucking buying those things past their second year...

Outside of getting Nissan out of near bankruptcy in the late 90s, it really seems Ghosn shit the bed in regards to catering to market demands for sports cars. The fact that the successor to the 370z AND GTR STILL havent made their actual debuts speaks worlds!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:36 AM   #13146
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Ghosn getting pushed out, legally or not, appears to be Japanese executives trying to save the company as an independent Japanese company. Good on them for that.

Now stop the bleeding and save the company.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #13147
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Ghosn getting pushed out, legally or not, appears to be Japanese executives trying to save the company as an independent Japanese company. Good on them for that.

very much agreed. from what i was reading, the Japanese were getting very pissed off that he was basically trying to unify Nissan, Mitsu and Renault as like one big company. basically he was really going against Japanese business tradition in a lot of his decisions over the last decade in trying to unify a Japanese brand with a foreign brand.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #13148
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Jim Hackett, ford ceo out. fantastic news!!!

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-jim-ha...out-1844604414
Old 08-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #13149
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:

Can they though? They would need to revamp so much. Their line up is boring.

The transmissions are shit.

They are basically 2000's KIA at this point. Anytime once asks me about getting a car, I straight up tell them to avoid Nissan minus the Maxima.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #13150
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The have all the tools necessary to come back bigger and badder. They're still one of the biggest manufacturers, and now they own Mitsubishi Motors too.

They put out that variable compression turbo engine a few years back and it's seemed to be successful. They clearly still have the engineering chops. The cars are more boring and old than ugly and every new concept gets people excited.

I think they just need to start making the changes necessary for success.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #13151
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
We'll see. I think this new Z should bring light to how different things will be for a Renault-less Nissan
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #13152
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Can they though? They would need to revamp so much. Their line up is boring.

The transmissions are shit.

They are basically 2000's KIA at this point. Anytime once asks me about getting a car, I straight up tell them to avoid Nissan minus the Maxima.
Their WHOLE ASS lineup is being replaced with the next 18 months or so (covid and all...for now at least).

The Z is going to be the ?halo? car they tout to sell the rest of the line up.

But they really really have a lot of work to do to convince customers to come back. These cars can?t just exist they need to lead segments and I?m not sure they?re going to be able to pull that off so quickly. They need to be as aggressive or more than Hyundai and Kia have been. Only time will tell.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #13153
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm excited to test drive all the new models when they come out.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:59 AM   #13154
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'm excited to test drive all the new models when they come out.
The Ariya was the first to debut and they do seem to be off to a good start.

https://www.nissanusa.com/ariya.html
Old 08-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #13155
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see something other than a new cross over. I do not understand why everyone wants one.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #13156
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
I would like to see something other than a new cross over. I do not understand why everyone wants one.
Because everyone wants a truck but doesn't have the balls or wallet to afford one.

Move out on your own and have kids if you don't understand why people want trucks.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #13157
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I could be tempted by a real station wagon. I don't have any need for a tall ass midsized sedan.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #13158
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I could be tempted by a real station wagon. I don't have any need for a tall ass midsized sedan.

I mean has there actually been a better looking wagon than the current V60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure you could argue the new RS6 Avant or the E Class (I’d argue against that though) but the Audi is twice the cost and the MB starts where the Polestar Edition ends.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #13159
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I mean has there actually been a better looking wagon than the current V60?
oh why yes, there is. the 2020 Focus ST THAT WE ARENT FUCKING GETTING HERE BECAUSE FORD IS FUCKING STUPID!!!!!

PS: yes, im salty about it!

Old 08-05-2020, 10:40 PM   #13160
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I hope ford reconsiders the fiesta & focus with a new ceo in place. although good luck getting a focus wagon. we’d be lucky to get the fiesta st hatch
Old 08-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #13161
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
oh why yes, there is. the 2020 Focus ST
you're high. that shit looks like a low-budget tesla. volvo is still king of the wagon.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #13162
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
you're high. that shit looks like a low-budget tesla. volvo is still king of the wagon.
IMO that Focus looks like an evolved/mature version of the previous gen. Looks nothing like Teslas, which look like robots making a duckface.

I'll actually say BMW, MB, Audi, Volvo all make attractive wagons. Or maybe I just love euro wagons haha.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #13163
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The only wagon I care about....

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #13164
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The focus being at all comparable to something like a v60 is exactly why station wagons are all but dead. I want the wheelbase and cargo area.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:37 AM   #13165
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

if I had to get a station wagon, id get a sg forester xt (with the slight detuned wrx engine). yes its a suv but lower it and it looks no different than a boxy wagon. great aftermarket too. sf foresters are nice too but probably more of money pit. sadly they are getting hard to find.

just cant get into modern station wagons. not a lot of options and way too expensive. like the older boxier designs more and would prefer a volvo 850 over the new v70 and an audi b5 s4 / rs4 over the current rs6
Old 08-07-2020, 06:40 AM   #13166
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The Ford doesn't even look good. It's old news. It's a MazdaSpeed3 with a facelift. Shit is dumb.

Volvo is kungar av klyftorna.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #13167
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
The Ariya was the first to debut and they do seem to be off to a good start.

https://www.nissanusa.com/ariya.html
2021 Rogue was debuted a month earlier on June 15.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/niss...ue-first-look/
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #13168
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
if I had to get a station wagon, id get a sg forester xt (with the slight detuned wrx engine). yes its a suv but lower it and it looks no different than a boxy wagon. great aftermarket too. sf foresters are nice too but probably more of money pit. sadly they are getting hard to find.

just cant get into modern station wagons. not a lot of options and way too expensive. like the older boxier designs more and would prefer a volvo 850 over the new v70 and an audi b5 s4 / rs4 over the current rs6
I'd drive a Subaru Levorg if we got them and it was a manual:

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #13169
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The Volvo still wins, folks. Sorry.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #13170
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Just missing the backwards third row
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote