Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #31
luckyrb13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
luckyrb13 is making a name for him/her selfluckyrb13 is making a name for him/her selfluckyrb13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats sweet luke thanks for posting that up that will save me the trouble of heaving to install the z32ebrake assembly on my 13. for hundred bucks well worth it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
sub_version

sub_version is an unknown quantity at this point
Please elaborate a bit more on how the lines are to be run. Your description is quite vague. Some sort of diagram would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #33
xxsptcuztomsxx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
xxsptcuztomsxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nice writeup... very informative. Yea a diagram or something would be nice.

Just to clarify, if i wanted to retain the stock cable ebrake i could correct? and does the handle brake effect the feel or braking power of the rest of the brake system?

again, good write-up and install ...really clean
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 AM   #34
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The rear calipers are spring loaded and they operate off a cable. You absolutely will not touch that with this e-brake setup. All this is is a seperate master with a big lever that you run in line with the rear brake line. It uses the same brake fluid that compresses your rear brakes now. I think there are better places to mount the ebrake but everyone has their own preference... Also I believe ksport makes an ebrake thats similar to the stock one too... I think the biggest advantage is the location in relation to the stock location when riding in a bucket seat. I guess maybe it's cause I like my seat kinda far forward but it was uncomfortable as hell to pull the stock ebrake. Also you will feel the difference when you press this and the brake pedal... It feels like it's pushing the foot pedal closer to you but it's really not that bad.

Anyways I feel this is one of the best mods I've done to my car in a loooong time. I couldn't imagine anyone regretting this mod... I just don't like how people try to keep their stock ebrake or mount this out of the way... This needs to be mounted where it's most comfortable for you to grab instantly... So basicly if your a pussy and want to keep your stock interior, ebrake or whatever it may be then this might be better lodged in your ass... but if you track your car and you want to improve the feel of your car than this is great!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #35
vincerr

vincerr is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess i'm a pussy. i still got the rug.

haha--fuck you too.

nice settup though. i think i'll try that after i gut my ride.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #36
ranger2339
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ranger2339
Luke you have some knowledge bro.......Ill be doing this also with the ls1 in my s13 as soon as i hear from hinson about the kit.....

Sick sick..

Josh
Old 05-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #37
mark@union
Leaky Injector

mark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-knownmark@union is making his/her stupidity well-known
I know this is digging back faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. But does anyone have pictures of an completed install? I'm just curious to see how they brought the lines up into the car, and then back down. Completed pictures, or even a more detailed description of install would rule.

thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #38
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
sweet set up. not put up some in-car vid. hehe.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #39
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
doesnt the foot brake effect the rear also for better stopin??? how is it working with that????? can u notice it?

GARAGE BOSO...........ROOTS AND CULTURE
Old 05-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #40
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
When a thread is this old, PLEASE just PM the member in question.

And I write too!
Closed Thread