Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
anthonythomas08
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
anthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really niceanthonythomas08 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fuel Pressure Problem!!!

I have recently replaced my old fuel pump for a new one (old walbro went out so I put in a new one). I think my car was running pretty rich so I went ahead and put in a FPR that is supposed to piggyback off of the stock FPR.
The Fuel Pressure Regulator is only setting my Fuel Pressure at 42psi. I need it to be at 36psi- per the fsm. I have a ca18det engine just to let you know.
Is this normal? I thought that I would be able to adjust my fuel pressure lower and higher, this is just allowing me to up the pressure.

Thanks for any help.
anthonythomas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Im having the same problem right now in my SR. I just swapped the motor with my freind. BTW he did most of the work im still learning from scatch.
Well now when we start it we r seeing that the fuel pressure is like at 80psi with the walboro, And i think Nismo FPR, so then we put the stock FPR back on it still is pushing 80psi. I have no idea what to do nor to be honest have any real experience with engines. Take it easy on me and advice would be great. Maybe just putting the old fuel pump will work but i have 50lb iinjectors to.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
anthony,
are you running two FPRs? Please clairfy.

RC51
If it is that high something is blocking the flow back to the tank look for pinches or kinks in the fuel return line both rubber and metal hardlines under the car.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonythomas08 View Post
I have recently replaced my old fuel pump for a new one (old walbro went out so I put in a new one). I think my car was running pretty rich so I went ahead and put in a FPR that is supposed to piggyback off of the stock FPR.
The Fuel Pressure Regulator is only setting my Fuel Pressure at 42psi. I need it to be at 36psi- per the fsm. I have a ca18det engine just to let you know.
Is this normal? I thought that I would be able to adjust my fuel pressure lower and higher, this is just allowing me to up the pressure.

Thanks for any help.
Dont expect to lower your fuel pressure if your still running the stock FPR. Piggy backing the stock FPR will only let you raise fuel pressure NOT lower it.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Then how do you lower it?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
get rid of the stock FPR and use a fully adjustable unit like sard aeromotive etc...
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #7
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Good work The Head, i checked the fuel return and it was blocked, thx for the help, if i knew how to give rep out i would.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post
Good work The Head, i checked the fuel return and it was blocked, thx for the help, if i knew how to give rep out i would.
U see that little scale under the username - thats for rep.